Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Lord Fairlord

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You don't have to follow any to be rabidly against either. You don't have to be a communist to be anti fascist. On the side of reason and truth and freedom is the side I'll be picking and sometimes it's necessary to fight to protect those. Maybe not on the street but you don't protect them by shrugging your shoulders and saying 'nothing to do with me' when the very conditions of your life and all you value come under attack.

The flag that ANTIFA use is the same as a flag that was used by Communists (the ideology with most murders to its name) in Germany in the 1930s.
    Of course Communism and Nazism are actually very similar, which is clear from Horst Wessel's writing.

Perhaps if more people had followed the guidelines then the country wouldn't be in level 3 and heading for more.

As regards influenza

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-23/coronavirus-restrictions-cause-flu-cases-to-drop-australia/12480190

The argument about if people followed the guidelines is a canard. Tighter restrictions in 19 of 20 northern towns in Britain hasn't helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The flag that ANTIFA use is the same as a flag that was used by Communists (the ideology with most murders to its name) in Germany in the 1930s.
    Of course Communism and Nazism are actually very similar, which is clear from Horst Wessel's writing.
    That has nothing to do with what I said

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I don't follow the guidelines because I believe that they aren't for the greater good.
    The Courts, for some time now have made some of their decisions from a positivist and not Natural Law basis.

Toby Young, nice. Did Toby draw that graph himself? I don't see any source listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭francois

Thr Black and red flag is an anarchist flag, anarchists have no truck with communism

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That has nothing to do with what I said

Apologies, misread.

francois wrote: »
    Thr Black and red flag is an anarchist flag, anarchists have no truck with communism

Just add black and it's pretty much the same.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifaschistische_Aktion

Toby Young, nice. Did Toby draw that graph himself? I don't see any source listed.

It's clearly taken from a newspaper. I agree however that he should have given a source.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

It's clearly taken from a newspaper. I agree however that he should have given a source.

I'd put money on the paper being The Daily Mail and the source being someone in the graphics department at The Daily Mail, tbh.

I don't follow the guidelines because I believe that they aren't for the greater good.
    The Courts, for some time now have made some of their decisions from a positivist and not Natural Law basis.

This argument has been put to bed by Irish jurists who accept precedence

• Advertisement

I'd put money on the paper being The Daily Mail and the source being someone in the graphics department at The Daily Mail, tbh.

I'm not a fan of the Daily Mail (or Guardian) but I would presume that they would take their data from an official source.

You can add any any colour you like, it is not the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Flags can look similar without any real connection in meaning.

The Irish Tri-Colour is similar to the Ivory Coast Tri-Colour but Ireland and the Ivory Coast are not the same country.

Sometimes a flag is just a flag, no need to look for deeper meanings that don't exist.

This argument has been put to bed by Irish jurists who accept precedence

What precedence in this State? One can't argue the TB situation because we did not have the same blanket rules for the general public in that situation - it was much more targeted.

You can add any any colour you like, it is not the same

I'm fine with people disagreeing with me but anyone arguing in good faith has to acknowledge that the two are extremely alike.

What precedence in this State? One can't argue the TB situation because we did not have the same blanket rules for the general public in that situation - it was much more targeted.

Tb has nothing to do with legal case precedence pertaining to covid unless you can cite a case. You are waffling

Flags can look similar without any real connection in meaning.

The Irish Tri-Colour is similar to the Ivory Coast Tri-Colour but Ireland and the Ivory Coast are not the same country.

Sometimes a flag is just a flag, no need to look for deeper meanings that don't exist.

The both have two flags in a circle with Anti-fascist Action written on them (obviously the original is in German).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

I'm fine with people disagreeing with me but anyone arguing in good faith has to acknowledge that the two are extremely alike.

The Irish and the Ivory Coast flags are extremely alike...but it doesn't mean anything.

The both have two flags in a circle with Anti-fascist Action written on them (obviously the original is in German).

Check out the anarchist flags from the Spanish civil war... The A symbol is a 1960s one and then adopted by then anarcho punk movement, and various autonomy groups in the 1980s

https://youtu.be/jqjorS3oYlk
    Anyway I leave you all with this which should give people hope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

It certainly looked from the news that the counter protestors ie the left wing crew were the main aggressors and were mad for trouble but a couple of belts from a garda baton seemed to put these nutters back in their box .

LuasSimon wrote: »
    It certainly looked from the news that the counter protestors ie the left wing crew were the main aggressors and were mad for trouble but a couple of belts from a garda baton seemed to put these nutters back in their box .

That's why a NP member was arrested for public order offences.
    The fash had no problem belting a woman last time out either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

That's why a NP member was arrested for public order offences.
    The fash had no problem belting a woman last time out either

I laughed out loud!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

I see it more as one side whining about having to wear a mask when they shop (purportedly) and the other side protecting peoples right to life, the most important civil liberty. That's what it comes down to really.

or is the mask a deference to Trump?. [i'm ok with Trump]. But, it must be remembered that Trump is totally for: the USA. (and we must bear that in mind, and be ready).

or is the mask a deference to Trump?. [i'm ok with Trump]. But, it must be remembered that Trump is totally for: the USA. (and we must bear that in mind, and be ready).

The only thing trump is for is trump, pretty delusional to think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,311 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

DubInMeath wrote: »

That people still think he's for the American public is either disengenuous or pure stupidity. That Cnut has only EVER been about himself and what others could do for him.

Birneybau wrote: »
    That people still think he's for the American public is either disengenuous or pure stupidity. That Cnut has only EVER been about himself and what others could do for him.

SimilarIty both gems and the likes of Barrett and the other fu*kknuckles in the NP couldn't give a f*ck about their supporters other than what ever they can get from them. But like most trump supporters their too far gone to see that, or just ignore reality.

I know we give Gem Gem's a hard time but's she probably a little off in the head but that Dee one is one nasty yoke.

Dee is a tremendous stalwart woman. it takes grim courage and strength to address the vice grip of well-heeled authority, on vulnerable situations and persons. and she has it.

@DeeblesMcPheebles. "starting" to resemble the UK and US.?? Sinn Fein [and Fianna Fail] dragged down into this country: M+S, Homebase, Next, Tesco, PC World, Harvey Norman, Costa, Starbucks, TKMax, ............
    Have Sinn Fein and Fianna Fail given this country away to foreign business?

the country has been almost overwhelmed in an invasion of UK and US; and these two for the long-term are thinking about their own nations.

DubInMeath wrote: »

what are you doing about it? the dollar is global; it is the election is national.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Dee is a tremendous stalwart woman. it takes grim courage and strength to address the vice grip of well-heeled authority, on vulnerable situations and persons. and she has it.

There is something spectacularly grim about a woman in her more mature years deliberately coughing on people during a panademic of a potentially fatal respiratory virus, alright. It's a vile and disgusting thing to do at anytime and it reveals a multitude about anyone who would do that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement