Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,311 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

what are you doing about it? the dollar is global; it is the election is national.

The dollar is weakening, constantly. And as for Dee...I'm on my phone but the emojis would be cry laughing face to infinity, little scummy grifter.

Fair play to those standing up against the mongs. They would think they can take over the streets otherwise

Freedom and rights but not for all eh?

Dee is a tremendous stalwart woman. it takes grim courage and strength to address the vice grip of well-heeled authority, on vulnerable situations and persons. and she has it.

@DeeblesMcPheebles. "starting" to resemble the UK and US.?? Sinn Fein [and Fianna Fail] dragged down into this country: M+S, Homebase, Next, Tesco, PC World, Harvey Norman, Costa, Starbucks, TKMax, ............
    Have Sinn Fein and Fianna Fail given this country away to foreign business?

the country has been almost overwhelmed in an invasion of UK and US; and these two for the long-term are thinking about their own nations.

If she coughed at me she would get a smack for being the c*nt she is, same as anyone else who acts like that regardless of their age or gender.

That's pretty much the NP motto.
    They aren't really fans of your profession either.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    That's pretty much the NP motto.
    They aren't really fans of your profession either.

So no love and hugs for all either?

• Advertisement

buddabelly wrote: »
    Circa 700 votes just shows how irrelevant boards has become

Is that a fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Yes!
    How many votes has this poll got?

What other forum anywhere would you get 700 votes on a single poll?

Yes!
    How many votes has this poll got?

Much like your other comments, you don't know the difference between opinion and fact.

You are at troll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Circa 700 votes just shows how irrelevant boards has become

With the exception of Rté.ie and maybe The Journal.ie, there’s no other Irish sites where you’d get close to 700 votes in a poll.

The Journal is owned by the same company (Distilled Media) who own boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Talking to someone working in town yesterday near Stephens green .

The original anti lockdown march consisted of some health people and a few high profile opinionated people and a share of what you’d call misguided middle of the road types and families .

The counter demonstrators were a far different crews Full of anger and a right mixed bag of extremists , communists , Sinn Fein heads , .... they were gagging for a fight but a couple of belts of a garda baton and they were away to plan their next revolutionary meet up .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

LuasSimon wrote: »

The original anti lockdown march consisted of some health people and a few high profile opinionated people and a share of what you’d call misguided middle of the road types and families .

The counter demonstrators were a far different crews Full of anger and a right mixed bag of extremists , communists , Sinn Fein heads , .... they were gagging for a fight but a couple of belts of a garda baton and they were away to plan their next revolutionary meet up .

“Health people” and “opinionated people”.

You mean the National Party fascists yeah? Heard a few of them got bate asunder. Great news.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

FTA69 wrote: »
    “Health people” and “opinionated people”.

You mean the National Party fascists yeah? Heard a few of them got bate asunder. Great news.

A few **** themselves over a banger, 'an unidentified explosive device', pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

She is a fooking fruitcake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

A few **** themselves over a banger, 'an unidentified explosive device', pmsl

Saw a few pictures and videos of them cowering behind the guards when they realised they were massively outnumbered. Typical bullies have no problem attacking women with timber planks but sh*t the bed when it's put up to them. Hopefully any more of their gatherings end in similar ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Well done to the Guards yesterday. Thought they handled the situation exceptionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

As someone who also works in town, and to state the obvious, this is absolutely not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Acosta wrote: »
    As horrible as Gemma is I don't even think she wants to be associated with anything organised by the NP. Neither do Hermann and his small gang and the yellow vests too. They are the worst of the worst. Racist, xenophobic, antisemitic, homophobic, violent thugs. Looked like there wasn't much of them either. Probably as many counter protesters if not more.

Nonsense. She asked Barrett to join her at Barrow Street.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I laughed out loud!!

You think its funny that a woman was beaten over the head by a fascist?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This is hilarious drivel.

The protest yesterday was mainly extremist fascists from the National Party plus other hardcore racists like Rowan Croft and Michael Quinn. It wasnt health people or misguided middle of the road families.

The counter protest was Antifascist Action Ireland. Im not sure why you keep trying it was Sinn Fein.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

As horrible as Gemma is I don't even think she wants to be associated with anything organised by the NP. Neither do Hermann and his small gang and the yellow vests too. They are the worst of the worst. Racist, xenophobic, antisemitic, homophobic, violent thugs. Looked like there wasn't much of them either. Probably as many counter protesters if not more.

Ah no. Google her and Barrett there's a few vids of her with Barrett and Waters on line.

Personally I think she's courted as many people and groups on the right in the hope of making some sort of following for herself but this has failed at each attempt.
    When she has been figured out by these groups as an opportunistic chancer she then calls them out as Soros funded charlatans.

• Advertisement

The protest yesterday was mainly extremist fascists from the National Party plus other hardcore racists like Rowan Croft and Michael Quinn. It wasnt health people or misguided middle of the road families.

The counter protest was Antifascist Action Ireland. Im not sure why you keep trying it was Sinn Fein.

Well, the banner was AFA but to be fair that milieu has been in decline and largely incapable for a long time. When an actual fascist movement presented itself in an organised fashion they weren’t really on top. Yesterday was a loose coalition of mainly Republicans who joined with a few working class militants and pulled it off on the day.

Thankfully the Trotskyist cult groups and the liberal identity politics wreckers were kept well away from it, as they should be. The latter were instrumental in wrecking antifascism in Britain and nullifying it as an effective force so plenty lessons to be learned there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Yesterday was a loose coalition of mainly Republicans who joined with a few working class militants and pulled it off on the day.

Thank god that some of the working class were present eh :D

I do like how in newspeak that Republicans are now Internationalists, havent seen that since the glory days of the Stickies.

Now charlatans wear dead mens clothes as the song goes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

You think its funny that a woman was beaten over the head by a fascist?
    Welcome to boards 2020 mate, head on over to the introductions thread.
    We've become a group of failed debaters desperate to redeem ourselves and to find some ray of light thru online success for the miserable failures IRL.

Bambi wrote: »
    Thank god that some of the working class were present eh :D

I do like how in newspeak that Republicans are now Internationalists, havent seen that since the glory days of the Stickies.

Now charlatans wear dead mens clothes as the song goes :o

Republicanism has always had an internationalist aspect, even going back to the United Irishmen who drew inspiration from revolutionary France and campaigned against the slave trade, inviting black abolitionists to Ireland. Irish Republicanism has always set itself as a part of a wider anti colonial and radical trend in the world hence the links with various other groups around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭Augme

The far right gang definitely didn't look as tough and macho when they werent up against a couple of women. Seemed to be cowering behind the barriers instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Republicanism has always had an internationalist aspect, even going back to the United Irishmen who drew inspiration from revolutionary France and campaigned against the slave trade, inviting black abolitionists to Ireland. Irish Republicanism has always set itself as a part of a wider anti colonial and radical trend in the world hence the links with various other groups around the world.

Irish republicanism has only had one common thread down through its incarnations..the creation of a nation state, United Irishmen, Fenians ( American revolutionaries of course and now problematic) The Volunteers. The IRB, The IRA. The Post war IRA (Like poor oul Russell, his statue vandalised in the constituency of SFs leader and not a squeak out of her about it :o)

One commonality and it sure was'nt Internationalism. It was the very antithesis of Internationalism, which seeks the end of the Burgeois state. Of course you always had an Internationalist element that clung on to Nationalism as it was the only revolutionary tradition in this country that had any support, as always with the same effect that these elements have on any movement they hijack for their own purposes, disaster for the host body :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

No, not for little Hitlers. Very obviously. F*ck them, the more militant folks are coming out now to stop them beating women with planks and I couldn't be happier. Give them some of their own medicine. Enough of the twats on Boards, I could do without them spreading covid on the streets.

I've been through what you're badly hinting at in your post earlier in the thread, "de mask does be wreckin' me cibil liberdies" does not come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Acosta

Nonsense. She asked Barrett to join her at Barrow Street.
    humberklog wrote: »
    Ah no. Google her and Barrett there's a few vids of her with Barrett and Waters on line.

Personally I think she's courted as many people and groups on the right in the hope of making some sort of following for herself but this has failed at each attempt.
    When she has been figured out by these groups as an opportunistic chancer she then calls them out as Soros funded charlatans.

It was after the google protest that she had a rant about Barrett and co. on Twitter. And made the remark about NP being a bit Nazi etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

It’s not like healthcare workers to have rotten/missing teeth, elevated BMI’s and eating chips from Supermacs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

It was after the google protest that she had a rant about Barrett and co. on Twitter. And made the remark about NP being a bit Nazi etc.

The leaders of all these groups absolutely hate each other. The National Party denouncing the Yellow Vests as a Sinn Féin front, Hermann Kelly denouncing the National Party for committing violence, etc. It's hard to keep up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement