Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

eviltwin wrote: »
    How does she support herself these days? Where is her income coming from?

Far right yank culture warriors with more money than sense or braincells.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

She doesn't really spend any money. Anyone can live stream and walk around the roads shouting at people.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    She is 100% going to try this crap on the wrong person soon, it is going to happen its only a question of when.
    It may already have happened. She just wouldn't post a video online of it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Acosta wrote: »
    Christ. "her baby’s grave was vandalised" and on another occasion she herself was attacked and left bruised after visiting her stillborn child's grave. Plus reams of directed abuse towards her and her family. Fcuking hell. :mad:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This is why social media, and its ability to brainwash stupid people, is so dangerous.

And no-one has been questioned over this abuse, attacks, damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Like I said, she's dangerous.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It seems that unless business interests are threatened in some way the law in Ireland is very slow to act. According to the article when her house was vandalised the Guards didn't even show up. Now it seems to have been a "minor" attack, but that's how this sh1te starts and if it's not nipped in the bud scum can get more "courageous" and escalate. This tends to be how it goes with any sort of harassment.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,709 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Penfailed wrote: »
    Like I said, she's dangerous.

It's why I can't see the funny side. There'll always be some demented contingent to these movements who might follow through after her all but egging them on.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

I love Gemma! the nearest we have to a queen of Ireland! I also love the butt hurt lefties on here that dismiss her opinions and accuse anyone else who supports her of being racists and members of a non existent far right.
    Meanwhile the three stooges in government are destroying your country but we won't mention that, just sit back and wait for more intstruction from RTE and the Irish times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Wickerman1 wrote: »
    I love Gemma! the nearest we have to a queen of Ireland! I also love the butt hurt lefties on here that dismiss her opinions and accuse anyone else who supports her of being racists and members of a non existent far right.
    Meanwhile the three stooges in government are destroying your country but we won't mention that, just sit back and wait for more intstruction from RTE and the Irish times :)

You love someone who removed an elderly man's face mask? Says a great deal about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Genuine question: what's to love?

Accosting an elderly man and demanding he remove his mask, supporting the killer of a garda and hurling abuse at his widow, hassling a retailer selling PPE.....what's admirable about that?

Which of her opinions do you support? You talk about 'butt hurt' lefties yet claim the far right is non existent...okay.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Which of her opinions do you support? You talk about 'butt hurt' lefties yet claim the far right is non existent...okay.

...and I know this is possibly 'feeding the troll'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Acosta wrote: »

God, that's awful. That poor woman. She was trying to protect her son from being photographed and then she received a backlash and a hate campaign.

Where's Sinn Fein when you need them? Surely they would be able to sort out Gemma's tinker train.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

agreed with the 2nd half of your comment but anyone who doesn't see that gemma has a very obvious and serious mental health issue that the spiralled out of control in the last year isn't paying attention

she is a danger o herself and to others and if this country had a working mental health system she would be confined for her own ad everyone else's safety.

giving her support attention or encouragement is only harming her

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You love someone who removed an elderly man's face mask? Says a great deal about you.

Your arguing with some dickheads backup account, I wouldn't waste the bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,539 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is John still on the scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Balagan1

mynamejeff wrote: »
    agreed with the 2nd half of your comment but anyone who doesn't see that gemma has a very obvious and serious mental health issue that the spiralled out of control in the last year isn't paying attention

she is a danger o herself and to others and if this country had a working mental health system she would be confined for her own ad everyone else's safety.

giving her support attention or encouragement is only harming her

What you suggest is not possible. If a person's immediate family has given up on them it is a very rocky road to be travelled before a person with mental issues can be helped. In the old days, when a family could no longer cope with a person, they would call in the doctor or the priest and work on convincing the person to get help or even getting it for them. It had plenty of room for abuse, with perfectly sane people being committed and lost in mental hospitals for no other reason but that they were rebels or different or family just wanted them out of the way.

That said, the video of this woman making fun of an old man, mocking his mask-wearing and physically removing his mask in the midst of a pandemic to which he is especially vulnerable, is a matter for the Gardai, but, again, a complaint would have to be made to them. The man may not be able to make such a complaint and who knows if he has family/friends who could help him do this and support him through the process.

• Advertisement

Her opinions are bordering on insanity and a few leaped the fence and her supporters appear to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. As for "butt hurt lefties"; in other threads I'm apparently a racist alt right fascist, but in this one I'm a butt hurt leftie. What I am is confused and bemused in about equal fashion. .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

There's plenty of "butt hurt" Righties (?) against her too because she's pulling any reasoned conservative debate around immigration (for example) into her sphere. If you're sceptical about the handling of immigration into the EU then you believe that lizard people are chemtrailing the sheeple.
    I dunno if it's an overt tactic by both sides not to accept nuanced debate or it just boils down to the binary nature in the consumption of social topics these days. You think that about that therefore I'll assume you also think this about this.

There's some in the Irish Yellow Vests that are calling Gemma a plant of the Left as she is seen as far more detrimental to the concerns/ causes they share with her.

There hasn't been an organisation that she initially supported that haven't walked away from her holding their noses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Is John still on the scene?

I'd be reversing through a hedge Homer Simpson style if I was John.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I often think that when John is wistfully staring off into space when she's rambling on he's thinking "am I gonna get the ride out of this or wha'?".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,709 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

humberklog wrote: »
    There's some in the Irish Yellow Vests that are calling Gemma a plant of the Left as she is seen as far more detrimental to the concerns/ causes they share with her.

Have you seen the modern left? They're like a bag of cats. They're too busy hating each other to coordinate sufficiently to execute a plan like that.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I often think that when John is wistfully staring off into space when she's rambling on he's thinking "am I gonna get the ride out of this or wha'?".

"And there was me thinking Baldy was a fruitcake..."

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

"Quick get another video out to deflect from ordering the man to take off his mask..."

https://twitter.com/DeeWall77749076/status/1318901699466170368

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

"Quick get another video out to deflect from ordering the man to take off his mask..."

https://twitter.com/DeeWall77749076/status/1318901699466170368

I’m not going to watch that but what the F*** is the start of that tweet meant to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

salmocab wrote: »
    I’m not going to watch that but what the F*** is the start of that tweet meant to say?

Its just a clip of Gemma patronising some elderly man. Vomit inducing stuff.

As for the tweet, can't help you there, Dee speaks a language of her own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

There's plenty of "butt hurt" Righties (?) against her too because she's pulling any reasoned conservative debate around immigration (for example) into her sphere. If you're sceptical about the handling of immigration into the EU then you believe that lizard people are chemtrailing the sheeple.
    I dunno if it's an overt tactic by both sides not to accept nuanced debate or it just boils down to the binary nature in the consumption of social topics these days. You think that about that therefore I'll assume you also think this about this.

There hasn't been an organisation that she initially supported that haven't walked away from her holding their noses.

That would be some plant operation - how many years now has she been at it? Who exactly would be funding that kind of plant operation?

Or is this just taking Gemma's tactic of screaming 'False Flag Operation' at everything you don't like?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement