Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Just as well you're not thinking of Dee in kinky négligé!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

That melter with the blue hair would drive you up the wall. Fair play to the gards

• Registered Users Posts: 34,819 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

which seems to confirm she was standing down the other end of Grafton Street when this was going on, filming it from a safe distance.

If she'd just stay a safe distance away from everybody for the foreseeable future, That'd Be Great.

(safe distance = oh about 1km)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

If she'd just stay a safe distance away from everybody for the foreseeable future, That'd Be Great.

(safe distance = oh about 1km)

Anything around 50-60 km east of Grafton st should suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Spacific wrote: »
    Great to see some of the GemDots getting the baton. About time

I hope youll agree with me the next time paul murpgy kicks up. I think ive yet to see any protest in my lifetime where I havent been glad of the gardai getting a few swings in. What is it about public protest that brings out degenerates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I hope youll agree with me the next time paul murpgy kicks up. I think ive yet to see any protest in my lifetime where I havent been glad of the gardai getting a few swings in. What is it about public protest that brings out degenerates.

G'wan outta that

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Underattack

Wouldnt call them fascists,but deserved a few whacks of the baton for acting the bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Always an amazing number of bottom feeders on here just waiting to get excited at any show of excessive force from the Gardai.
    Wouldnt call them fascists,but deserved a few whacks of the baton for acting the bollox

Oh the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Underattack

Always an amazing number of bottom feeders on here just waiting to get excited at any show of excessive force from the Gardai.

Oh the irony.

Cool your jets there buddy.
    Just a few slaps to get them back in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Thread Closed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭francois

9 charged with public order offences

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭circadian

tenor.gif?itemid=10377116

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

mynamejeff wrote: »
    agreed with the 2nd half of your comment but anyone who doesn't see that gemma has a very obvious and serious mental health issue that the spiralled out of control in the last year isn't paying attention

she is a danger o herself and to others and if this country had a working mental health system she would be confined for her own ad everyone else's safety.

giving her support attention or encouragement is only harming her

So just to clarify. Under the mental health act for involuntary admissions:

1) You pose a serious risk that they may cause immediate and serious harm to yourself or others.
    2) Your judgement must be so impaired that you need treatment that you can only get in a hospital.
    3) Your condition could get worse if you don't get the treatment that could help your mental health.

Notiably excluded from involuntary admission are those with substance addictions or those with a personality disorder.

Gemma might be acting the absolute c&nt but she isnt placing herself or others in immediate or serious harm.

Theres also a rule in Psychiatry called the Goldwater Rule. Mostly an American idea. It says that its unethical for psychiatrists to give a professional opinion on someone they havent examined in person.

So, while the irish mental health system has its faults, it's not right to blame it on Gemma going around acting the gowl. The Mental Health Act is ridiculously tight and regulated and specific in the circumstances by which you can have someone involuntarily admitted to a psychiatric unit. Its only right that it is, if it wasn't you could have anyone going around trying to section someone they dont like!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

PhoneMain wrote: »

1) You pose a serious risk that they may cause immediate and serious harm to yourself or others.
    2) Your judgement must be so impaired that you need treatment that you can only get in a hospital.
    3) Your condition could get worse if you don't get the treatment that could help your mental health.

Notiably excluded from involuntary admission are those with substance addictions or those with a personality disorder.

Gemma might be acting the absolute c&nt but she isnt placing herself or others in immediate or serious harm.

Theres also a rule in Psychiatry called the Goldwater Rule. Mostly an American idea. It says that its unethical for psychiatrists to give a professional opinion on someone they havent examined in person.

So, while the irish mental health system has its faults, it's not right to blame it on Gemma going around acting the gowl. The Mental Health Act is ridiculously tight and regulated and specific in the circumstances by which you can have someone involuntarily admitted to a psychiatric unit. Its only right that it is, if it wasn't you could have anyone going around trying to section someone they dont like!

I think that removing an elderly person's mask and putting her hand up to his face is a straying into 'posing a serious risk to others' territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I think that removing an elderly person's mask and putting her hand up to his face is a straying into 'posing a serious risk to others' territory.

As is posting hate videos online targetting specific families and workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

As is posting hate videos online targetting specific families and workers.

unfortunately being a hate filed **** is not classed as a mental illness

The video of her with the old man in the mask could fall under actions that could cause serious harm to others.

Don't think being a c*nt falls under personality disorder however.

Sardonicat wrote: »

An acute risk of serious harm. So no its not.
    That is not to say that Covid isnt a serious disease. But there wouldn't be a doctor in the country who would say that removing an elderly persons mask would constitute that.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    The video of her with the old man in the mask could fall under actions that could cause serious harm to others.

Don't think being a c*nt falls under personality disorder however.

No it wouldnt.

Being a c*nt isnt a mental illness either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

An acute risk of serious harm. So no its not.
    That is not to say that Covid isnt a serious disease. But there wouldn't be a doctor in the country who would say that removing an elderly persons mask would constitute that.

That's sad. For Gemma as well as any other older person she tries this stunt on. It's a tragedy that someone can become so deluded that they literally can destroy their lives, family ties, employment and stability, cause harm and distress to others and STILL not come under the remit for involuntary admission. I understand the reasons the law is so tight. I agree we should not be sectioning people willy, nilly and I know the system was abused in the past but what constitutes serious harm needs to re-defined. And as I stated earlier in the thread, a doctor might not define what she did as serious harm, but if I caught her trying that with my Dad, mentally unwell woman or not, I'd happily do time to protect him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

They showed a clip of Gemma being interviewed by a woman with a crutch on the RTE one o clock news today.The commentator spoke of the protest yesterday and the abuse given to Adrian Donohoes widow.Drew Harris said it was a mix of groups with extremist views with connections to a right wing internet movement.
    They are focusing on finding the leaders so it looks like Gemma has got the attention of Drew Harris now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭francois

Michael Quinn prominent Nazional party member charged with assault.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Feckin Polacks coming over here and cutting down our trees. They should all return back home to their own country (which stood up to the tyranny of tree-felling)

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1319549119547912193

...and then you have the disgusting fascists from Eastern Europe and Africa working in security - wait until the Polish Ambassador hears about it...

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1319541567460343808

...and we're back onto the IRA (or rather the MI5 as they're better known)

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1319534018279473152

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Feckin Polacks coming over here and cutting down our trees. They should all return back home to their own country (which stood up to the tyranny of tree-felling)

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1319549119547912193

And here was me thinking the worst thing the Nazi's did was start world war 2 and that whole holocaust thing. How am I only finding out that they also cut down Polish trees. I am sickened to my core about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

...and then you have the disgusting fascists from Eastern Europe and Africa working in security - wait until the Polish Ambassador hears about it...

"Too many Eastern Europeans and Africans, who are absolute facists"

How could you be so utterly lacking in self-awareness?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭This is it

She's as mad as a box of frogs :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,709 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Weird one for the aul windbag alright. On one hand you have the Poles, people from a country that's been staunchly Catholic since the Reformation with a right-wing populist government the likes of which the Gemmaroids could only dream of but then of course they're foreigners.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

Weird one for the aul windbag alright. On one hand you have the Poles, people from a country that's been staunchly Catholic since the Reformation with a right-wing populist government the likes of which the Gemmaroids could only dream of but then of course they're foreigners.

Bit like the np who constantly go on about the men of 1916, while getting tips from English anti Irish groups, and also ignoring the fact that a few of the 1916 leaders were foreigners.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement