Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

He's an absolute moron. Even gets O'Connell Street Bridge wrong.

Now his followers are pushing for a protest outside Rathfarham Garda Station. Some say they are traveling from Wexford, Cavan. Hope they're all arrested and fined.

https://m.facebook.com/grahamj.carey.5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Birneybau wrote: »

Now his followers are pushing for a protest outside Rathfarham Garda Station. Some say they are traveling from Wexford, Cavan. Hope they're all arrested and fined.

So you want people arrested for protesting now? You sound like you'd fit in well in Stalin's Russia or Mao's China

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

Weird one for the aul windbag alright. On one hand you have the Poles, people from a country that's been staunchly Catholic since the Reformation with a right-wing populist government the likes of which the Gemmaroids could only dream of but then of course they're foreigners.
    corrupt government now burdened the poles with bill for buying usa missiles.
    as if poland in any danger except for backing a false flag usa scream.
    chocolate and biscuit factories (and Dell) in , polish citizens out of poland lol

GT89 wrote: »
    So you want people arrested for protesting now? You sound like you'd fit in well in Stalin's Russia or Mao's China

He was arrested for having an outstanding bench warrant. Did you even watch it?

• Advertisement

He was arrested for having an outstanding bench warrant. Did you even watch it?

I know I saw it and I'm not defending him either. I think people should have the right to protest whether they are right or wrong? Do you? For example I don't agree with blm but they still have the right to protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Jog on

dan1895 wrote: »
    Jog on

So you support people being arrested for protesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Do you really think people should protest because someone got arrested due to an outstanding bench warrant?

there are some irish whom "stand up" away from the political "shout fire in theatre" for kudos
    with governmental sound bytes.
    varadk__ when with ship in background stating "lack of crew" due to "Near full employment"
    is the most sickening and retarded thing ive seen in years.
    Not just the "near full employment" bleat but the wages for navy not really entice new recruits.
    abuse of media nothing less -- so go on gemma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

jelem wrote: »
    there are some irish whom "stand up" away from the political "shout fire in theatre" for kudos
    varadk__ when with ship in background stating "lack of crew" due to "Near full employment"
    Not just the "near full employment" bleat but the wages for navy not really entice new recruits.

Well there are words in your post. And they’re all in English so it should be possible to make out what your point is.

The only bit that makes linguistic sense (even if it makes no sense to a normally functioning brain) is the bit that says “go on gemma”

In short, to paraphrase Mr Spock from that classic hit from The Firm, Star Trekking

They’re words, Jim, but not as we know them

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The sheer volume of FB comments are just slightly scary. There really are quite a large number of absolute fúckwits out there.

Well there are words in your post. And they’re all in English so it should be possible to make out what your point is.

The only bit that makes linguistic sense (even if it makes no sense to a normally functioning brain) is the bit that says “go on gemma”

In short, to paraphrase Mr Spock from that classic hit from The Firm, Star Trekking

Or, Eric Morecambe. They're the right words, not necessarily in the right order.

ah lingus__ sense,
    the post by me, a statement that one can utter male bovine excrement
    whilst in government office and paid by citizen whilst another countering the political crafted
    forced "norm" is harrassed.
    too much for you whom may be busy watching for mispellling.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The sheer volume of FB comments are just slightly scary. There really are quite a large number of absolute fúckwits out there.

Bear in mind that a number of those commenting aren't even Irish, even if they appear they are.

As for the guy, I watched the video he knew he was going to be done when he said "I've never done anything wrong..." and most people I'd know wouldn't be demanding that the Guards arrest them. I reckon this isn't his first rodeo with that regard.

As someone else said if these goons protest outside Rathfarnham Gardai station they should be queried where they have travelled from and dealt with if it's beyond 5kms. Pandering to these covidiots when we are at the height of a surge is something the authorities can no longer allow to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

ah lingus__ sense,
    whilst in government office and paid by citizen whilst another countering the political crafted

Is this meant to be read aloud, as performance art; or is it perhaps something created by a bot that's had its AI trained by scanning Joyce?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

ah lingus__ sense,

“Sokath, his eyes uncovered!”

Unfortunately Gem gems and her followers are more along the lines of “Kiteo, his eyes closed” when it comes to wearing masks.

Qué?

ah lingus__ sense,

Ah get it now, you're talking bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Advertisement

Do you really think people should protest because someone got arrested due to an outstanding bench warrant?

Do you know the full story? People are entitled to protest for whatever reason they like as long as it's peaceful. You don't have to support them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Is this meant to be read aloud, as performance art; or is it perhaps something created by a bot that's had its AI trained by scanning Joyce?

Scanning Joyce in an audio book format narrated by Shane McGowan and bob Dylan recorded at 7am in an early house.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Do you know the full story? People are entitled to protest for whatever reason they like as long as it's peaceful. You don't have to support them.
    In the middle of a global pandemic, they should not be protesting and certainly not travelling more than 5km from home.
    Their stupidity and paranoia is not reason enough to help the spread of the virus onto others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Full story?
    He had a active bench warrant which means he didn't show up at court without a valid excuse (not knowing about it is not a valid excuse as he'd of been in court either because of a charge sheet or a summons, both of which he would of been aware of)
    The Gardai are obliged to arrest someone who has a bench warrant if they discover same and bring them before a judge at the next possible opportunity.
    They do not have discretion in this.

He knew he had a warrant before the Garda came back to him, that's why he said he probably wouldn't make it to the protest he was heading to, and why he started saying hes never done anything wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Yeap I do , in the midst of a global pandemic

each and every one of those people should be arrested charged and brought before the courts in the morning.

they should then be remanded in custody until the pandemic is over as they have displayed a level of stupidity and disregard for the safety of me you and every other person in Ireland

in an ideal world

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Yeap I do , in the midst of a global pandemic

each and every one of those people should be arrested charged and brought before the courts in the morning.

they should then be remanded in custody until the pandemic is over as they have displayed a level of stupidity and disregard for the safety of me you and every other person in Ireland

in an ideal world

Absolutely agree.
    the anti mask protestors, the BLM protestors, Debenhams workers, the far left 'counter protestors' at these rallies. All of them treated equally and fairly regardless of their agenda or viewpoint.

In the middle of a global pandemic, they should not be protesting and certainly not travelling more than 5km from home.
    Their stupidity and paranoia is not reason enough to help the spread of the virus onto others.

So your another who supports the stripping of constitutional rights under the guise of public health.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

So your another who supports the stripping of constitutional rights under the guise of public health.

You are taking this the wrong way entirely. No ones rights are being revoked. A fake health crisis was not orchestrated globally in an effort to prevent these people from protesting.

Killinator wrote: »
    Full story?
    He had a active bench warrant which means he didn't show up at court without a valid excuse (not knowing about it is not a valid excuse as he'd of been in court either because of a charge sheet or a summons, both of which he would of been aware of)
    The Gardai are obliged to arrest someone who has a bench warrant if they discover same and bring them before a judge at the next possible opportunity.
    They do not have discretion in this.

He knew he had a warrant before the Garda came back to him, that's why he said he probably wouldn't make it to the protest he was heading to, and why he started saying hes never done anything wrong.

That's all you've heard so far. He has not been charged with anything as of yet and could be totally innocent for all you know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What constitutional rights have I advocated being stripped?
    I never said people couldn't protest. They just don't need to be dicks about it and should have some consideration for others by following the guidelines.
    Just because they're paranoid doesn't mean that they can do what they want. It's a society and we should be considerate to others.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement