Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

humberklog wrote: »
    I don't think that was Gemma's bunch. Gemma doesn't really have any bunch as such. No one (or very few) want to play with her.

I think she's described the lad who was arrested as an infiltrator. She burns her bridges quite often, normally when the other person starts to get too much attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The feelings of a certain cohort of people having their constitutional rights to be trumped over things like public health guidelines is only applied to those who are ignorant & self-centred. They are in a mind of their own as to how they can damage society through their own will & ignorance. They go out & willfully neglect public health guidelines while going to a protest that could cause some major regret in future while spreading Covid onto another innocent person on the street when they don't want it on them or others.

One of these days; these guys should really feel the wrath of their punishment now with the state coming down on their necks with full force very soon. I don't even care if these scumbags pay the price for spreading their misery onto others in the short term or even in the long term. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. It's probably their own fault for causing the untold amount of misery here in spreading Covid to others while within their own private households without knowing the full consequences of their actions.

They probably don't even care from within the fibres of their own bodies if people who are knowingly that close to them could potentially die from this thing. And that is probably the biggest danger where a certain minority are not getting that message straight into their heads. These people don't care about spreading Covid-19 to other people even if they don't want it spread to them under any circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

It’s quite simple. Fine them

And if they haven’t got the cash ready then take it from them in income tax (yes, I did laugh when typing that... as if any of this lot have jobs) or reduced state payments.

Hit the sods in their pockets and they’ll be quare quick about towing the line

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

So Gemma's bunch are flouting "Guidelines" with their protests, and just as it looks like this C19 is not just going to be a '1 yr wonder' , and though they're within their Lawful rights to protest atm, I got to wonder is the poll above just for 'academic' purposes, or will this thread be shut down in the short to medium term to censor discussion. As from now on; as long as Gemma is being discussed here - so too will the rights of the Irish Citizen to move freely within their Country be discussed also (as she's unlikely to quit protesting at this stage of the game) - and that is what a discussion board is for.

Of course there are many threads on the pandemic, but most or all are staying "on message" , with everything else in the CT forum.

For a month or more there it was nip and tuck. There was a time even when "No" held a marginal sway. In the last 10 days or so "Yes" has pulled ahead leaving No in its wake.

Has anyone looked into this? Are numerous accounts being opened to vote Yes?

The patterns are very unusual to say the least. For all that most posters don't agree with her, there are some who agree with her constitutional right to protest esp re "Guidelines" and "Restrictions" , as they currently are; and not yet framed into Law thankfully. As well as those posters who agree with the protests, there are probably many more who are not buying in to the hysteria, and the "figures" that are issued on a daily basis.

Point being as long as her shenanigans are talked about here; for the foreseeable (hopefully at least), the level of intrusion and erosion of our Civil Liberties can also be talked about, and we won't have to just "Trust RTE as a reliable News Source" . I think the opinions of many folks site-wide from all and varied social / political / economic stripes are beginning to believe that it is a biased, redundant, joke of an organisation and not interested in serving or behaving in the "Public Interest".

Very sinister imo; and the poll up top looking all innocent and just for a lark may well be utilised to close this thread down

TLDR Those poll numbers have seen a sudden and unusual upsurge in favour of the "Yes" ( yes = All posts of Gemma O'Doherty should be banned on Boards) side.

All very sinister imo.

Sorry I was waiting for my cheque from Soros to clear before I voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

you really need to ease yourself into stuff like that.

A half at first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

So a poll on boards which apart from requiring the odd bit of mod intervention when one of the posters on either side gets a little bit rowdy but other than that has no bearing in anything and isn’t even a mod supported poll and is just users expressing an opinion is very sinister cos chief whacky lady is getting outvoted?

Riiiiiiight

Also, the poll didn't even exist on this thread for the first few months of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

gandalf wrote: »
    I think she's described the lad who was arrested as an infiltrator. She burns her bridges quite often, normally when the other person starts to get too much attention.

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1320470577715490817

Also, the poll didn't even exist on this thread for the first few months of it...

I think it happened around the time when reddit or someplace banned talk of her?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Birneybau wrote: »
    A half at first
    Just the tip... I swear...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

A lot of folks getting worried on here - they know the jig is up, so are using comedy to deflect from the
    fact they're rumbled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A lot of folks getting worried on here - they know the jig is up, so are using comedy to deflect from the
    fact they're rumbled.

rumbled for what, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭This is it

fact they're rumbled.

It's hard not to laugh in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

I watch Dee Walls Periscope TV Broadcast; it's my indulgence, my car-crash TV, Jeremy Kyle, Ricki Lake etc.

The Far Right turn on themselves; they think the guy arrested today on an outstanding/old bench warrant was an informant, has a handler, is off to Holland next week etc.; the stories she & her followers put out, well it's hard to keep up with them ha ha!

GT89 wrote: »
    I know what it is again I do not know the full story regarding tbis man's bench warrant. Maybe there was a mix up in the post and he never received we do not know. You may not support their right to protest but last I checked consttitutional rights trumped public health guidelines.

Summonses are delivered either in person or by registered post. If a person fails to turn up in court the judge can either, go ahead with the hearing in their absence, or decide to adjourn the matter.

If the matter is adjourned, the defendant is notified either in person or by registered post of the new date for the hearing.
    If they don’t turn up in court on the adjourned date, the judge can issue a warrant for their arrest to bring them to court, or go ahead with the hearing in their absence.

In relation to public health guidelines trumping conditional rights. The legislation for covid is under the health act of 1947.
    Under the constitution you have a right to assemble or meet peacefully and without weapons (Article 40.6.1.ii).
    This right is limited by legislation to protect public order and morality. The law prevents or controls meetings that are calculated or designed to cause a riot or breach of the peace.

The likes of the np only attract the mentally challenged and scrotes of the country. They are doing their best to try and gain political traction during a pandemic, and their shills are quite busy online including on here, but the majority of people wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Given the amount of trouble the usual np ****e caused during the last few protests, they have pretty much given plenty of grounds for any restriction against them protesting.
    But again this actually hasn't occurred and especially not in this case because the person was arrested on foot of a bench warrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    I watch Dee Walls Periscope TV Broadcast; it's my indulgence, my car-crash TV, Jeremy Kyle, Ricki Lake etc.

Same. I dipped in to a video she put up tonight, at around the 7.20 mark she starts ranting about how "the little ******* in the park signed our lives away today" and that said person should have their head danced on until there is nothing left of it. I can only assume she's talking about the president of Ireland here. Arguably not the most patriotic of sentiments.

After a couple of Academy Award winning outbursts of crocodile tears it descends into vitriolic name calling, accusing people of drug use and alcoholism and singling out some people with threats of physical violence. The level of bickering amongst these inter-related groups is staggering.

I don't want to link to it here but it's called 'part 2' on her twitter if anyone fancies a bit of late night melodrama.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Point being as long as her shenanigans are talked about here; for the foreseeable (hopefully at least), the level of intrusion and erosion of our Civil Liberties can also be talked about, and we won't have to just "Trust RTE as a reliable News Source" .
    What utter crap!
    Your civil liberties aren't being eroded no matter what your paranoid mates tell you!
    Very sinister imo; and the poll up top looking all innocent and just for a lark may well be utilised to close this thread down

TLDR Those poll numbers have seen a sudden and unusual upsurge in favour of the "Yes" ( yes = All posts of Gemma O'Doherty should be banned on Boards) side.

All very sinister imo.
    Nothing sinister and to be honest nobody cares about a small poll on boards which means nothing.
    The truth is that most people see Gem and her nutjob mates as a bunch of just that, nutjobs, most of whom are professional work-shy protesters!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Well there are words in your post. And they’re all in English so it should be possible to make out what your point is.

The only bit that makes linguistic sense (even if it makes no sense to a normally functioning brain) is the bit that says “go on gemma”

In short, to paraphrase Mr Spock from that classic hit from The Firm, Star Trekking

They’re words, Jim, but not as we know them

Just want to say this is one of the finest posts I've seen on Boards in a while.
    It, and the post it responded to should be on the Leaving Cert English syllabus.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Just the tip... I swear...

Start with a Seiko...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

MrsBean wrote: »
    Same. I dipped in to a video she put up tonight, at around the 7.20 mark she starts ranting about how "the little ******* in the park signed our lives away today" and that said person should have their head danced on until there is nothing left of it. I can only assume she's talking about the president of Ireland here. Arguably not the most patriotic of sentiments.

After a couple of Academy Award winning outbursts of crocodile tears it descends into vitriolic name calling, accusing people of drug use and alcoholism and singling out some people with threats of physical violence. The level of bickering amongst these inter-related groups is staggering.

I don't want to link to it here but it's called 'part 2' on her twitter if anyone fancies a bit of late night melodrama.

She says in it she can't take a few days off? She has a holiday home or option on something like that in Co. Wexford this week from a previous video; I know we shouldn't watch this things to an extent but I do think they're important viewing for other reasons.

She calls the arrest today of a GC a false flag; thinks he was a plant & it was staged as per a GOD video early.

These people big up Ml. McNamara Ind. TD & Mattie McGrath Ind. TD (Ind.-FF?)

Says about the McCanns being evicted; they weren't, they frustrated KBC at every turn, they refused to engage, they agreed to leave to purge their contempt & in fairness there's not too many have much sympathy for their leaving behind of €400k of debt to KBC; ultimately other KBC customers will carry that can; she's from the Ben Gilroy School of Economics clearly! She compares it to McNamara debt write-off; I'm as p****d off by that too + found it perplexing but when reading the judgment in the papers it's logical in terms of an argument; it won't stop you head-scratching or being angry mind.

But they're not the same thing but to try push for one family to remain on & then be okay for another family not to be staying on and leaving a debt behind; that doesn't make sense surely? Be consistent in your arguments.

Just to say I'm watching Part 2 r/n; she absolutely loses it ha ha!

It's absolutely epic; she turns it on big time & so funny; cue more money coming in the PayPal for the website.....

Bout 22 mins. in she says compliers (mask wearers) are now our (their) enemies; yikes, is this a declaration of war? Told to tell us this is a Nazi State etc.? I look forward to meeting such individuals ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭francois

fact they're rumbled.

What class of gibberish does this fall under?

• Advertisement

Just want to say this is one of the finest posts I've seen on Boards in a while.
    It, and the post it responded to should be on the Leaving Cert English syllabus.

Awwww stoppit. You’re making me blush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

francois wrote: »
    What class of gibberish does this fall under?

It must be the season for gibberish, some sh1te flying about alright

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Just had a quick flick through some of Dee's twitter feed and a few of the videos/'broadcasts' she uploads...

It's quite sad to see the mental implosion of someone in public for all to see. I guess that's one of the tragedies of modern day social media in that people have always had mental breakdowns, but with the addition of social media, these breakdowns are in full view of the public, and worse still, are encouraged and legitimised by so called 'followers'.

I do hope that these people might someday realise that they need help, but sadly I don't think they ever will. For every 100 people that tell them they need help, they'll only ever listen to the 1 or 2 people like them that tell them they are right in what they are doing/saying..

Having said all that, sympathy, pity & empathy for these people and particularly Dee wears extremely thin when she calls me (as someone who wears a mask to protect others) the enemy. Also, that video of Gemma being extremely condescending to that elderly man wearing a mask a few days ago made my blood boil.

Some day one of these people will cross the wrong person, in the wrong mood, who's just lost their job, or who's just been told they cannot see their child who lives in England for another few weeks/months because of the pandemic, or who's just simply at the end of their tether....and god/jehova/buddah only knows what will happen to them....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Just had a quick flick through some of Dee's twitter feed and a few of the videos/'broadcasts' she uploads...

bloody hell , fair play to you I couldn't watch more than a few seconds of that nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

mynamejeff wrote: »
    bloody hell , fair play to you I couldn't watch more than a few seconds of that nonsense

well, I skipped through 1 video, where one of the previous posters recommended going to the 22 minute mark when she calls 'mask wearers' the enemy

She seemed to be crying a lot too. Perhaps she's calling for help already, but just nobody is listening??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Nokia6230i wrote: »

What is the background on this loon exactly? What was she before all this? I did see a photo of her with Paul Murphy at a Pride march, which really goes to show the extreme left and the extreme right truly are two cheeks of the same arse, attracting the unemployable indignents of society.

Help me hole. She's a rabble rousing scumbag.

https://mobile.twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1320670566576173056

It's hilarious to watch them implode with infighting over a speaker :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Birneybau wrote: »
    Help me hole. She's a rabble rousing scumbag.

https://mobile.twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1320670566576173056
    Christ she really is as rough as a bears arse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement