Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Looooooooool!!

Is there a far left presence in Ireland?

@DubInMeath. You say "under the constitution you have a right to assemble...." and "this right is limited by legislation to protect public order and morality. The law prevents or controls meetings that are calculated or designed to cause a riot or breach of the peace."

Dee at the Phoenix Park [and Gardai were present]. The video was interesting. Even more so - some masked 'crustys' [I assume Sinn Fein] arrived, clearly - with the 'calculated' intent/design, to cause a riot or breach of the peace'. Gardaí stood by.

The Gardai breached this? are they political in this? And, eerily, in many other instances? and areas of Garda work. This may be a really serious fault line in the justice system?

Bunreacht say it not me. Polis not politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Deshawn wrote: »
    There is no far right in Ireland.

You must be joking.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The Gardai breached this? are they political in this? And, eerily, in many other instances? and areas of Garda work. This may be a really serious fault line in the justice system?

Never mind that gibberish - you're back!

Remember this?
    It's that 'up to 50 billion euros' that chimes well with Fine Gael - who will be very happy to cater to immigrants; and the Fianna Fail investors will seep down State money for their investor houses, that is the roof for immigrants.
    What are you talking about?

Still waiting. After all this is three times the "Apple money" you're talking about - you wouldn't have pulled this story out of your rear end, now would you?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Is there a far left presence in Ireland?

Now sure what this has to do with your comment saying there's no far right in Ireland. Frankly ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I think this GOD thread is an overflow one for theTrump thread.

Get ready for a sudden influx of idiots when President Turd loses in Nov.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

scary thing is... he won't.

They'll vote him back in

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

scary thing is... he won't.

They'll vote him back in
    I actually can't see it this time.
    Biden a lot more likeable and palatable to middle America than Hillary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

gmisk wrote: »
    I actually can't see it this time.
    Biden a lot more likeable and palatable to middle America than Hillary.

i really do hope i'm wrong.

i really do hope i'm wrong.
    So do I!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Bravo, you opened the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Get back on topic.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Now sure what this has to do with your comment saying there's no far right in Ireland. Frankly ridiculous!

Not sure why none of you will answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Not sure why none of you will answer the question.

You are deflecting from your comment that states that there's no far right in Ireland.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Penfailed wrote: »
    You must be joking.

On RTE history programme; in Dublin, there was a 'Swastika' laundry company. Run by a Fine Gael company?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

On RTE history programme; in Dublin, there was a 'Swastika' laundry company. Run by a Fine Gael company?

1) nothing to do with FG
    2) was there before and after the nazi's
    3) what relevance.

That laundry was established in 1912. 2 years before even WW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

clearly you didnt pay much attention to the history aspect of the programme.

Penfailed wrote: »
    You are deflecting from your comment that states that there's no far right in Ireland.

I'm not deflecting anything. I'm said that there is no far right presence in Ireland. Posters disagreed. Life moved on.

I then asked if people thought that there is a far left presence in Ireland. People either didn't answer or deflected back to my original comment.

There's deflecting going on for sure but it isn't from me.

I'm not deflecting anything. I'm said that there is no far right presence in Ireland. Posters disagreed. Life moved on.

I then asked if people thought that there is a far left presence in Ireland. People either didn't answer or deflected back to my original comment.

There's deflecting going on for sure but it isn't from me.

there is a much larger far left than any kind of right in Ireland, let alone a far right. I would consider Gemma, Dee and a lot of friends an A-political reactionary group of conspiracy theorists. If you asked most of these people where they stood on the economy, markets, social welfare, social housing, government service provision etc.. id bet most of them would be fans of SF/PbP plans in those regards.

• Advertisement

there is a much larger far left than any kind of right in Ireland, let alone a far right. I would consider Gemma, Dee and a lot of friends an A-political reactionary group of conspiracy theorists. If you asked most of these people where they stood on the economy, markets, social welfare, social housing, government service provision etc.. id bet most of them would be fans of SF/PbP plans in those regards.

I could ask the question but none seem to want to talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

gmisk wrote: »

Let's see if that scum bag Dee gets some comeuppance for her threats fingers crossed!

Dee in the last few days, made that point that:- on Friday, 30th Oct. - it will be made 'mandatory'? that now there will be Fines for all /every breach of the new 'legislated 'rules', including Vaccination. People will be put in new 'Mental Hostels' for any non-compliance and cannot be released by their family, or doctor; unless - they comply.

People like Dee don't arrive at the juncture Dee is at now;- without prob.having experienced decades of the almost sub-sonic Oppressive bearing down of State massively paid 'professionals' and bureaucracy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

People like Dee don't arrive at the juncture Dee is at now;- without prob.having experienced decades of the almost sub-sonic Oppressive bearing down of State massively paid 'professionals' and bureaucracy here.

Dee has likely spent decades taking every advantage of the bureaucracy of our social welfare system.

Unlikely to have been "Oppressive", it's more likely the staff of the welfare offices were the ones oppressed.

Dee in the last few days, made that point that:- on Friday, 30th Oct. - it will be made 'mandatory'? that now there will be Fines for all /every breach of the new 'legislated 'rules', including Vaccination. People will be put in new 'Mental Hostels' for any non-compliance and cannot be released by their family, or doctor; unless - they comply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg-jtYXvI7M

You don't honestly believe that come on... you know she is talking through her hole like everything else she says...

You mean the state that have supported her for a large portion of her life, paid her "disability" etc?
    Oh how oppressed she has been!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

there is a much larger far left than any kind of right in Ireland, let alone a far right.
    Nope. It's not the "far left" out beating people at rallies, forming lynch mobs over gay politicians, firebombing cars, and torching prospective DP centres. Ireland has an active and growing far right presence and the fact that some people are keen on trying to downplay their existence is... not surprising, frankly.

I'm sure they're delighted of useful idiots to spread the lie that they don't exist and it's really the "far left" that people need to be worried about. :pac:

Nope. It's not the "far left" out beating people at rallies, forming lynch mobs over gay politicians, firebombing cars, and torching prospective DP centres. Ireland has an active and growing far right presence and the fact that some people are keen on trying to downplay their existence is... not surprising, frankly.

I'm sure they're delighted of useful idiots to spread the lie that they don't exist and it's really the "far left" that people need to be worried about. :pac:

the far left brick Garda cars, trap politicians in cars, throw smoothies at politicians, siege buildings, damage property, overhold rent, blockade companies from retrieving property. its not sunshine and rainbows.

"Siege" buildings (don't you think you're being just a bit melodramatic)? And blockade companies from retrieving property, okay, you're referring to the Debenhams workers. Which is a little ****ing different from firebombing the cars of TDs that dare criticise the far right or hotels that are earmarked to hold asylum seekers, or gathering lynch mobs against a gay politician for no other reason than he's gay. To say nothing of the fact that workers agitating for fair treatment is hardly "far left". Unless you're going to say literally every union and every instance of worker agitation for fair treatment is "far left".

I'm not going to address the smoothie because much like Nigel Farage, it's an absolute storm in a teacup. Politicians have been egged and had all other manner of food thrown at them for donkey's years. But now, suddenly, the right has latched onto it and presented it as the ultimate evil above all else. The Jobstown incident was in 2014 (as opposed to the far right operating as long and into the last few weeks) and part of broader anti-water charge protests. It's stretching things considerably to label that as "far left" when you had every group out protesting them.

I never said anything about "sunshine and rainbows", I'm saying the far right is the real threat, which their actions bear out. That some people insist on denying that is... curious.

But there's still far more Far- Left than Far Right in Ireland. You've only got to look at the representation in the Dail for example. To my knowledge there hasn't been anyone voted into office who were openly running on a Far- Right manifesto, there is and was plenty of Far Left voted in.

Gemma has tried tap into the Far Right vote and it's just not there.

• Advertisement

But the far right is an actual threat, that's my point. Realistically, what is the threat we face from the "far left", in this country?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement