Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I am going to take it to be true then. You haven't said otherwise

I have no idea to be honest. If she is then she is there for a reason and thats perfectly fine by me. Or maybe you think we shoul start bullying and harassing every named council tenant in the country?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

batgoat wrote: »
    By reporting on the trial he risked a successful conviction.... So hardly Gallileo... He did so for his own profile and now it's royally backfired on him.

4:00 mins mark. The names were already published by the BBC. It was spiteful

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Whatever about online abuse which is less serious than physical abuse. So far only a left wing supporter of Fiona O'Leary in Leah Doherty has engaged in the physical abuse of Rowan Croft. Fairly sure Fiona has said similar about Gemma.

Leah has also accused Gemma of being involved in terrorism.

https://twitter.com/LeahNiD/status/1143256828496752641?s=19

Haha so now you're trying to change the subject and minimise Gemmas harassment and bullying.

I agree with what Leah Doherty said there.

Gemma by her actions has encouraged mass harassment and bullying of O'Leary

https://fionaolearyblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/27/meet-some-of-anti-corruption-ireland-aci-supporters/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I do agree that Fiona O'Leary has been on the end of some serious abuse online but none of that has been because of Gemma, Rowan or any other "far right" figures that are publicly on social media. They are a minority of supporters it's like blaming Manchester United for the abuse of Liverpool fans over Hillsborough by a small element of Man U supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Whatever about online abuse which is less serious than physical abuse. So far only a left wing supporter of Fiona O'Leary in Leah Doherty has engaged in the physical abuse of Rowan Croft. Fairly sure Fiona has said similar about Gemma.

Leah has also accused Gemma of being involved in terrorism.

https://twitter.com/LeahNiD/status/1143256828496752641?s=19

So the tweet you've just linked to has people threatening Fiona's life in the comments of Gemma's stream so pretty legit to accuse Gemma of encouraging nutters.

• Advertisement

I do agree that Fiona O'Leary has been on the end of some serious abuse online but none of that has been because of Gemma, Rowan or any other "far right" figures that are publicly on social media. They are a minority of supporters it's like blaming Manchester United for the abuse of Liverpool fans over Hillsborough by a small element of Man U supporters.

Bollox. Gemma abused her ffs.

Gemmas supporters have been encouraged and incited to abuse her.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Haha so now you're trying to change the subject and minimise Gemmas harassment and bullying.

I agree with what Leah Doherty said there.

Gemma by her actions has encouraged mass harassment and bullying of O'Leary

https://fionaolearyblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/27/meet-some-of-anti-corruption-ireland-aci-supporters/

Take a look at Translate Gemma (@GemmaTranslate): https://twitter.com/GemmaTranslate?s=09

It's hardly bullying and harrassment and if it is then people criticising the Grand Torino for being part of the British Army, living with his mother and calling him names like 'Tan Torino' should be deplatformed for bullying and harassing him.

Nah Gemma has abused, bullied, harassed and threarened Fiona and encouraged and incited her supporters too

Terry Pratchet

I have no idea to be honest. If she is then she is there for a reason and thats perfectly fine by me. Or maybe you think we shoul start bullying and harassing every named council tenant in the country?

Settle down with the outrage.

How can I get a six bed house on the taxpayer?

Here's an account specifically set up to mock O'Doherty.

Take a look at Translate Gemma (@GemmaTranslate): https://twitter.com/GemmaTranslate?s=09

• Advertisement

Settle down with the outrage.

Which council house tenant do you want to doxx and harass today?

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

And? Are they trying to get Gemma thrown out of her home? Any public figure tends to be subject to parody, particularly when they have such atrocious views. Ian Paisley Jnr has a highly entertaining parody twitter account. Parody does not violate twitter rules.

Which council house tenant do you want to doxx and harass today?

Can you not just answer without the ridiculousness

It's hardly bullying and harrassment and if it is then people criticising the Grand Torino for being part of the British Army, living with his mother and calling him names like 'Tan Torino' should be deplatformed for bullying and harassing him.

Whatabout whataboutery. Gemma has bullied, harassed and threatened Fiona. Gemma has openly encouraged her supporters to bully, harass and threaten Fiona.

Terry Pratchet

batgoat wrote: »
    And? Are they trying to get Gemma thrown out of her home? Any public figure tends to be subject to parody, particularly when they have such atrocious views. Ian Paisley Jnr has a highly entertaining parody twitter account. Parody does not violate twitter rules.

Yeah it's fairly clear how it works. Only if it suits.
    Ok thanks

Nah Gemma has abused, bullied, harassed and threarened Fiona and encouraged and incited her supporters too

But accusing Gemma of being an evil nazi is ok. It's been a two way argument.

Can you not just answer without the ridiculousness

Nah. Not when people are trying to change the subject and minimise that Gemma Harassed, bullied and threatened Fiona and encouraged her supporters to harass bully and threaten Fiona.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

When Gemma and co start putting up photos of this oleary ones family's house, then yes it is doxxing and something these platforms look to get rid of asap, not for ideological purposes but for legal liability. I'm not sure about Ireland, but in many parts of the world it is also point blank illegal.

If I find personal and compromising info about you, like your home, name, phone etc and post it on here, do you think I would be banned? Maybe if a mod is reading they could let us know...

Nah. Not when people are trying to change the subject and minimise that Gemma Harassed, bullied and threatened Fiona and encouraged her supporters to harass bully and threaten Fiona.

And what happened over it?

But accusing Gemma of being an evil nazi is ok. It's been a two way argument.

Ah right so now you're admitting she harassed, threatened and bullied Fiona and now you move onto try and excuse Gemmas harassing, threatening and bullying behaviour. Mad isnt it. A few minutes you tried to deny it all.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

You've still yet to confirm or deny the fact that Fiona has harrassed and abused Gemma. Look I'm not confirming or denying Gemma has abused, harrassed or bullied but Fiona O'Leary along with Izzy Kamikaze and Leah Doherty has also abused Gemma and Rowan Croft. If one if to be deplatformed or charged then so should the other and if one is to be let off then so should the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,070 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

You've still yet to confirm or deny the fact that Fiona has harrassed and abused Gemma. Look I'm not confirming or denying Gemma has abused, harrassed or bullied Gemma but Fiona O'Leary along with Izzy Kamikaze and Leah Doherty has also abused Gemma and Rowan Croft. If one if to be deplatformed or charged then so should the other and if one is to be let off then so should the other.

Do you ever think that if people like Gemma and Rowan were not stirring up unfounded hate and fear then they would not have parody accounts setup and milkshakes thrown at them?

Im not condoning either side as im neither left or right leaning.

You've still yet to confirm or deny the fact that Fiona has harrassed and abused Gemma. Look I'm not confirming or denying Gemma has abused, harrassed or bullied Gemma but Fiona O'Leary along with Izzy Kamikaze and Leah Doherty has also abused Gemma and Rowan Croft. If one if to be deplatformed or charged then so should the other and if one is to be let off then so should the other.

As I said trying to excuse it all away. Gemma is a bully who harasses and threatens people who disagree with her. Gemma wants to silence anyone who ever disagrees with her and wants to silence and control the media too.

Mad the way you tried to deny that Gemma Bullied, harassed and threatened Fiona, when the evidence was presented you then admitted it. Then you did some whataboutery. Now you are trying to backtrack on it all and say you wont confirm or deny.

The evidence is there. Gemma bullied, harassed and threatened Fiona.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

A solutely not a fan of katie hopkins or gemma but putting a mentally ill conspiracy theoriest in the same bracket as a reactionary right winger just because theyre both women seems... sexist at best and absurd at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: The personal tit-for-tat ends here. Any further breaches will be met with a card or ban, no exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Kimsang wrote: »
    I'm sure you were happy with Galileo Galilei's imprisonment then also.

Here is a Canadian litigator explaining the contempt orders issued against Robinson. He argues UK judges have a lot of power of discretion when it comes to contempt orders. Do you think its right someone can be found guilty and sentenced for 13months in a matter of 5 hours? Also do you think its right that the judge issues a gag order on this verdict?

it wasn't right procedurally hence the retrial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Well it seems that on Facebook at least...you are allowed to incite violence

As long as the target is "an organization or individual covered in Facebooks Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy"

Facebook updated their community standards policy.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-10-at-11-15-36-copy.png

Well it seems that on Facebook at least...you are allowed to incite violence

As long as the target is "an organization or individual covered in Facebooks Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy"

Facebook updated their community standards policy.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-10-at-11-15-36-copy.png

is fiona o'leary a dangerous individual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

is fiona o'leary a dangerous individual?

Do you think its acceptable to incite violence on social media against any individual?

Simple question

• Advertisement

Do you think its acceptable to incite violence on social media against any individual?

Simple question

I dont. but you seem to think it is ok for gemma to do so and seek to justify by pointing to FB rules despite most of gemmas stuff being on twitter and YT.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement