Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭francois

Yeah it would be good to know the proportion of them that are on a payment. I'd wager a guess that it's above 90% on a payment of some kind. Perhaps one third of them on disability.

I'd bet that harpy Wall is on disablility, hence the crutch prop, though I wonder if Social Welfare know she's soliciting cash on paypal etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I father had an intense hatred for people who know everything but are too lazy to work or educate themselves and I’m happy to have that trait. Looking at useless ****ers in their cars recording vids spouting sh1te about stuff they saw on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I father had an intense hatred for people who know everything but are too lazy to work or educate themselves and I’m happy to have that trait. Looking at useless ****ers in their cars recording vids spouting sh1te about stuff they saw on YouTube

Yer man Graham J Carey does one every morning. Tan Torino requests his followers to 'fill up the tank' with a link for donations, every second post. Sh!tehawks

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Browsing Twitter for any updates on Gems, this advert was nicely placed after the first result :D...

https://twitter.com/TFIupdates/status/1323231558619324418

Unbelievable to see this directed towards Dublin's Lord Mayor, Hazel Chu from Rebecca Barrett, wife of nationalsit party (spit!) leader Justin.

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1323982866167013377

Given the amount of racist crap directed towards Hazel, I admire her continued ability to stand up to it and (as it seems) not let it get to her. Kudos Hazel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Unbelievable to see this directed towards Dublin's Lord Mayor, Hazel Chu from Rebecca Barrett, wife of nationalsit party (spit!) leader Justin.

Given the amount of racist crap directed towards Hazel, I admire her continued ability to stand up to it and (as it seems) not let it get to her. Kudos Hazel!
    Yeah was posted in the th NP thread earlier......not nice but a great put down by Hazel.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Bored angry & stupid is the common denominator of all these folk, with a healthy mix of completely useless.

how different is this country to the USA? Would you say the exact same about the Dems. voters in USA?

The massive Big Government Bureaucratic Democrats party, whose main pre-occupation is working in the administration to the poor - would you then castigate the American poor, [as you do the poor here] - for putting focus on their own indigenous industry?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

If this happened in the UK, charges would be brought for that comment. They have the crime and disorder act which criminalises racist acts and then the criminal justice act which imposes a duty on the court to actually increase the sentence for any racism crime. I think similar laws should be introduced in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

If this happened in the UK, charges would be brought for that comment. They have the crime and disorder act which criminalises racist acts and then the criminal justice act which imposes a duty on the court to actually increase the sentence for any racism crime. I think similar laws should be introduced in ireland.

i'm not defending that lady Rebecca barrett - but, [and btw that seems a soo stoopid comment]. But - in making it, stoopid as it is - is she just showing that here that people can exercise 'free speech'. i.e. we are not 'totalitarian', - yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i'm not defending that lady Rebecca barrett - but, [and btw that seems a soo stoopid comment]. But - in making it, stoopid as it is - is she just showing that here that people can exercise 'free speech'. i.e. we are not 'totalitarian', - yet?

Rebecca is free to make herself look an absolute tool any time she wants. She thought she was smarter than hazel and was put in her place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Yeah was posted in the th NP thread earlier......not nice but a great put down by Hazel.

Hazel wasn't the only one with a nice put down.

https://twitter.com/IStruckTheBoard/status/1323976358779867140

There's no such thing as "free speech". People dont have a right to insult others despite what they may incorrectly think.

There's no such thing as "free speech". People dont have a right to insult others despite what they may incorrectly think.

Just to put it in perspective, you are responding to someone who hails Dee Wall as a venerable guru.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

Freedom of speech does equal freedom from consequences. Must look more closely at my teaching council standards of conduct and see if this kind of stuff is a breach of them.

Freedom of speech does equal freedom from consequences. Must look more closely at my teaching council standards of conduct and see if this kind of stuff is a breach of them.

Is she a teacher?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

The same UK that has a major problem with stabbings?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Is she a teacher?

She used to be a primary school teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

GT89 wrote: »
    She used to be a primary school teacher

Shes home schooling her kids. Surely the department should be looking at that after these comments.

Shes home schooling her kids. Surely the department should be looking at that after these comments.

More a Tusla issue than Dept Ed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There is no such thing as absolute 'free speech' here in Europe. We have the right to freedom of expression which can be limited where necessary. And rightfully so. If "free speech" threatens other human rights such as the rights to be safe, to equality and to be free from torture then it should absolutely be restricted.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

The Nal wrote: »

Indeed. Dangerous stuff that shouldnt be laughed at. Her supporters here went very quiet but they still come in supporting her friends and still say - oh but I agree with Gemma on..... Gemma was a brilliant journalist. They still come in from time to time to mock those who highlight Gemmas extremism

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

the scary thing is that she probably believes this

Who is the strange sounding dude who seems to be cropping up with Dee .... mild mannered but odd as a box of frogs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The Nal wrote: »

Just what.... is she saying the virus is being used to install communism ? Whats the deal with this building site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭This is it

Just what.... is she saying the virus is being used to install communism ? Whats the deal with this building site

That's where the bodies are being buried don't ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I thought the tweet that Dee replied to was sarcasm but it seems like they are serious

GT89 wrote: »
    The same UK that has a major problem with stabbings?

And that has WHAT to do with WHAT?

I thought the tweet that Dee replied to was sarcasm but it seems like they are serious

And Dee inadvertently supporting Biden then?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement