Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Hopkins doesn't take it to the streets and assault people.

Assault?

What?

Finally something we agree on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

PhoneMain wrote: »
    Assault?

the old guy with the mask.

the old guy with the mask.

I wouldnt class that as assault. If you feel it is, then its a matter for An Garda Siochana.

PhoneMain wrote: »
    I wouldnt class that as assault. If you feel it is, then its a matter for An Garda Siochana.

It is up for the man to make a complaint. whether he does or not it doesnt change the fact that it meets the criteria for assault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

by no means am I a fan of the Gardai. - sometimes though one wonders are they now, the victims of a culture that they, 'formerly', espoused.?

at Gemma's website there is a video of GPO/Gardai/protestors; something like, 'Gestapo' ........ then 'gardai'.
    - not really sure this is accurate?

seems to me, Gardai, [formerly], were? and are/can be - subtly blackmailed, by: local Fine Gael, Fianna Fail, Sinn Fein; Labour? -
    mainly to oversee what local power-needy politicians want.

The Gardai are, - workers and in a union? They have accessed a very good and interesting job;- and some of these 'local' politicians....... begrudge them that???

btw - the Gestapo in Germany were, in fact, Thugs?, that were organised. And the comparison here would be: Sinn Fein.
    I've not seen grammar and punctuation abused like this since I was tricked into reading a Ben Shapiro novel.

I've not seen grammar and punctuation abused like this since I was tricked into reading a Ben Shapiro novel.

I'd rather read ulysses.

It is up for the man to make a complaint. whether he does or not it doesnt change the fact that it meets the criteria for assault

Assault
    An assault is defined as “a person shall be guilty of the offence of assault who, without lawful excuse, intentionally or recklessly –

(A) directly or indirectly applies force to causes an impact on the body of another, or

(B) causes another to believe on reasonable grounds that here she is likely immediately to be subjected to any such force impact, without the consent of the other.

from an Irish solicitors website. Maybe there's other definitions, if there is feel free to share them but I dont think the actions in the video meet the above. Maybe they do, I'm not a Guard or a Solicitor and maybe you are.

I'd rather read ulysses.
    I'd rather listen to comedy review of Shapiro's novels more than either. :D

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/what-we-learned-from-ben-shapiros-61013395/

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

by no means am I a fan of the Gardai. - sometimes though one wonders are they now, the victims of a culture that they, 'formerly', espoused.?

at Gemma's website there is a video of GPO/Gardai/protestors; something like, 'Gestapo' ........ then 'gardai'.

seems to me, Gardai, [formerly], were? and are/can be - subtly blackmailed, by: local Fine Gael, Fianna Fail, Sinn Fein; Labour? -

The Gardai are, - workers and in a union? They have accessed a very good and interesting job;- and some of these 'local' politicians....... begrudge them that???

btw - the Gestapo in Germany were, in fact, Thugs?, that were organised. And the comparison here would be: Sinn Fein.

This might make more sense in Braille ...perhaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah - in general Gemma is really disrespectful of the Gardai; often calls them scum, paedophile protectors and she gets very aggressive and threatening towards them going right upto them - almost goading them.

I really havent a clue what the rest of your post is about to be honest. It seems like a weird ramble suggesting out of nowhere that lots of local politicians are subtly blackmailing lots of Gardai. I dont even know what "subtle" blackmail is and frankly your point seems nonsensical.

EDIT: Glad I am not the only one struggling to understand what you were saying here.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

have you been letting a bunch of lads down the pub feed an AI bot a load of theories, because thats the only conclusion I can reach on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Em-n4GWW4AAyzPz?format=jpg&name=medium

Dee Wall playing a blinder with this banner...no need to look closely at this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,764 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bedding is not an "essential item" to buy replacements for; I presume she'll be sleeping on a bare mattress by the end of the month?

L1011 wrote: »
    Bedding is not an "essential item" to buy replacements for; I presume she'll be sleeping on a bare mattress by the end of the month?

Best hope that the marker/paint wasn't toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

No crutch in sight either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

No crutch in sight either.

The crutch isn't madatory.

If only they have changed it up just a little bit and gone for 'matadory' in red. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

Make Noto madatory !!!

Is Corona Law Jude’s lesser known sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,764 ✭✭✭✭L1011

440Hertz wrote: »
    Make Noto madatory !!!

Its already used as the default font on nearly any mixed writing system website; surely that's enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

tenor.gif?itemid=17700680

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oh my word. That's really amazing knowing that Noto is a font used on Android & Linux. If the far right wingers were told that Noto is currently the name of a font being used for Google, Adobe & Linux products; the twist felt within their own underpants in not getting the butt of their joke could be quite a sight at that point. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Surely it would be best to ignore Gemma

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

tenor.gif?itemid=17700680

what :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Gintonious wrote: »

Dee Wall playing a blinder with this banner...no need to look closely at this one.

The similarities to Dougal’s efforts is astonishing. Maybe they took inspiration from his “Ted please get me loads of matador stuff” sheet and that’s where the typo came from :)

GT89 wrote: »

Suddenly not good enough for you and the NP, good to hear.

Ye might want to stop parroting the same sh1t then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

GT89 wrote: »

Should only her critics ignore her? Why don't you advise bigots, anti-vaxxers, racists and other idiots to do the same?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Gintonious wrote: »

Has anyone considered what she used to write that banner? I mean, the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,602 ✭✭✭✭walshb

what :rolleyes::pac:

Say what again. I dare ya. I double dare ya, mother****er!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

I'm aware of my pedantry here, and I know there really are bigger problems to focus on with that banner, but that lower case i really perturbs me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement