Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

I dont. but you seem to think it is ok for gemma to do so and seek to justify by pointing to FB rules despite most of gemmas stuff being on twitter and YT.

Don't put words in my mouth, I never stated that it was acceptable for Gemma or anyone else to incite violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I am going to take it to be true then. You haven't said otherwise.

I want a 6 bed courtesy of the taxpayer

I am sure you don't plan to work for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Don't put words in my mouth, I never stated that it was acceptable for Gemma or anyone else to incite violence.

so what are you saying? be clear.

so what are you saying? be clear.

I asked you the question, whether you thought it was acceptable to incite violence on social media against anyone.
    you said you didn't.
    We will see going forward if you are true to your word.

I asked you the question, whether you thought it was acceptable to incite violence on social media against anyone.
    you said you didn't.
    We will see going forward if you are true to your word.

so you are happy to condemn the harrassment of fiona o'leary by gemma and her associates?

• Advertisement

so you are happy to condemn the harrassment of fiona o'leary by gemma and her associates?

As I said we will will see if you are true to your word

As I said we will will see if you are true to your word

It is a pretty simple question that you somehow refuse to answer. Anybody who would condemn harrassment would answer it immediately. But not you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I am sure you don't plan to work for it.

Of course not. Isn't that the point of saying the taxpayer will cover it.

Late night?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

is fiona o'leary a dangerous individual?

Do you think its acceptable to incite violence on social media against any individual?

Simple question
    I can't speak for the other poster, but I don't.

Which is why it is good that Gemma got banned off social media for doing just that. The fact that I don't agree with the policy in the image above does not change that one bit.

Now, do you think its acceptable to incite violence on social media against any individual?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Well it seems that on Facebook at least...you are allowed to incite violence

As long as the target is "an organization or individual covered in Facebooks Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy"

Facebook updated their community standards policy.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-10-at-11-15-36-copy.png

Id love to see that list. I bet the bad list youre allowed to hate and the good list youre not allowed to hate would fall directly in line of either aisle of the US political system.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Are milkshakes halal though?

That’s the important question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Do you think its acceptable to incite violence on social media against any individual?
    Simple question

Thankfully, Facebook have quietly retracted their new rules allowing violence against certain individuals. Shockingly no left wing media reported about it, or objected to it. It was down to the likes of Breitbart to the fly the flag of sanity and reason; we are living in a scary time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

SYL given 9 months in the slammer, pity it wasn't 9 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

batgoat wrote: »
    She pushes nonsense in relation to science though. Chemtrails, vaccines etc all stem from conspiratorial stuff. There's no reasonable basis.

I have yet to see conclusive proof either way in relation to vaccine damage, chemtrails etc. I hate outright dismissal of theories, there are dissident voices in science that aren't quacks, up until they question the consensus they're cream of the crop, then all of a sudden they're kicked to the gutter.

The cry-bullies taking over social commentary, universities etc is one thing, but when they interfere with science then we're in serious trouble. All these things should be explored and not filed away in the 'settled-science' cabinet until they are actually proven demonstrably false.

When I see some smug pratt folding their arms and saying, 'Um, that's actually been settled you know', I feel like drop-kicking them off the nearest cliff.

SYL given 9 months in the slammer, pity it wasn't 9 years.

You left out that he will only be in prison for 10 weeks

Seanachai wrote: »
    I have yet to see conclusive proof either way in relation to vaccine damage, chemtrails etc. I hate outright dismissal of theories, there are dissident voices in science that aren't quacks, up until they question the consensus they're cream of the crop, then all of a sudden they're kicked to the gutter.

The cry-bullies taking over social commentary, universities etc is one thing, but when they interfere with science then we're in serious trouble. All these things should be explored and not filed away in the 'settled-science' cabinet until they are actually proven demonstrably false.

When I see some smug pratt folding their arms and saying, 'Um, that's actually been settled you know', I feel like drop-kicking them off the nearest cliff.

what evidence has gemma presented for any of her claims?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭ollkiller

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa021134

There's your proof for vaccine's anyway. I'm not even going to try to get proof for chemtrail's because if you believe in chemtrail's there's no hope for you.

You left out that he will only be in prison for 10 weeks

A lot can happen in 10 weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

batgoat wrote: »
    She pushes nonsense in relation to science though. Chemtrails, vaccines etc all stem from conspiratorial stuff. There's no reasonable basis.

The issue is, the science has been looked at and these issues (e.g. vaccines and autism) have been shown to be false. Yet their propogators (read: grifters) continue to push them and outright lie repeatedly to do so (look into Andrew Wakefields actual studies, they are beyond a farce and are literally made up).

As a result, the science community shuns them, which is only right.

I work in a prosecutions department. If I started to pretend the law doesn't say what it does (let's say I decide to pretend that murder is legal under the law), that it is what I want it to be, and doctor documents on legislature and case law materials to make it appear to be the case, I wouldn't only be shunned. I would be fired, and likely have charges pressed against me also. I don't see why doing the same in a different field should be acceptable either.

A lot can happen in 10 weeks.

What is that supposed to mean?

• Advertisement

What is that supposed to mean?

It means 10 weeks is a long time. Will probably feel like 50 if he is in solitary/segregation.

It means 10 weeks is a long time. Will probably feel like 50 if he is in solitary/segregation.

Ah it's not too bad. He will be out in no time and better than ever so watch out groomers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Ah it's not too bad. He will be out in no time and better than ever so watch out groomers

Yes, groomers, the coked up fraudster and member of the luton crew is coming for you, after a few appeals on gofundme for dosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

He will be out in no time and better than ever
    With the Koran tattooed on his ass:P:pac::pac::pac:

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

With the Koran tattooed on his ass:P:pac::pac::pac:

What do you mean?

Odhinn wrote: »
    Yes, groomers, the coked up fraudster and member of the luton crew is coming for you, after a few appeals on gofundme for dosh.

Of course. The campaign against grooming must be funded. The government should fund it in some part too. It's for the public good

What do you mean?
    He will be out in no time and better than ever with the Koran tattooed on his ass.

:P:P

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

This thread is dying. Nothing left to argue about and most of the right wing minded folks have been banned. I'm one infraction away from a 1 month ban

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

This thread is dying. Nothing left to argue about and most of the right wing minded folks have been banned. I'm one infraction away from a 1 month ban

C'est la guerre.

• Advertisement

They/you get banned for a reason...you're responsible for what you post.

If you don't get site banned , after a while you can only post in non-political forums/threads so you won't be able to sprout off your ignorant , scaremongering rubbish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement