Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sardonicat wrote: »
    They do? What do they do differently during those hours?

Dimmed lights. No announcements or music on the shop intercom

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Dimmed lights. No announcements or music on the shop intercom

My local one is my least favourite place to shop and I do find it very meltdown inducing. I actually think it's the lay out and the smells on top of the sounds. I must try during spectrum friendly hours to see if that makes it easier to shop in (I have sensory processing issues)

eviltwin wrote: »
    Most supermarkets do it. Lights are dimmed, no music and less people in store.

I really need to look into this, thanks. I wish clothing stores would do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

eviltwin wrote: »
    Most supermarkets do it. Lights are dimmed, no music and less people in store.

its actually the best time to go shopping, all the aul biddies who love a chat at the checkout and mothers with screaming kids aren't in there. Its pretty peaceful in my local supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

My local one is my least favourite place to shop and I do find it very meltdown inducing. I actually think it's the lay out and the smells on top of the sounds. I must try during spectrum friendly hours to see if that makes it easier to shop in (I have sensory processing issues)

Their website has sensory maps for their stores too

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,810 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No announcements or music on the shop intercom

They should do that all the time.

At my local Dunnes they roar into the feckin' microphone "SUPERVISOR TO AISLE FOUR" or whatever at the top of their voice, it's actually painful sometimes.

I really need to look into this, thanks. I wish clothing stores would do the same.

The really loud crap music is their way of telling people they're too old to shop there :eek:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Just drove past the criminal courts of justice a group of what I assume were Gemma's clowns outside waving tricolours about. What ridiculous thing are they getting worked up about today I wonder?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

its actually the best time to go shopping, all the aul biddies who love a chat at the checkout and mothers with screaming kids aren't in there. Its pretty peaceful in my local supervalu.

I came home once and my Mum stopped off at SuperValu on the way home and it was just horrifying. Nobody was shopping and everybody was just talking.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Just drove past the criminal courts of justice a group of what I assume were Gemma's clowns outside waving tricolours about. What ridiculous thing are they getting worked up about today I wonder?

Just...

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1329763274158694402

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Sparko

Foxhound38 wrote: »

The guy who got booted from Super Valu in Ballymun was up in court today.

Videos here of crazy Dee trying to barge into the court to share her vast legal knowledge.
    https://twitter.com/aciquestion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There was a time these loons were literally locked up.

Unfortunately not any more.

Wouldn't be surprised if she was on some "disability" payment herself.

There was a time these loons were literally locked up.

Unfortunately not any more.

I am completely sick of aggressive stupidity.

Birneybau wrote: »
    I am completely sick of aggressive stupidity.

Does she work? (genuine question)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Seriously, would you employ the likes of her?

Think shes's on disablity, hence the constant prop crutch.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Think shes's on disablity, hence the constant prop crutch.

lol, thought so.

And does the dept not find it interesting how she is getting around and harassing actual fcuking workers in the country on what seems like a daily basis?

Got nothing better to do than verbally assault store workers?

You'd think the welfare dept would call her in for a chat.

What a specimen for so much of what is wrong with our crazy system that allows this.

That man is just doing his job and this spanner has nothing better to do, only harass him and others.

Seriously, would you employ the likes of her?

Negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

jesus wept. she isn't well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

How wasn't she arrested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

"She's a human being, that's belonging to this country"
    (to a Garda), "I'm not under you, you have no control over me"

Jesus H. Christ she does some amount of contradicting herself....
    What a horrible despicable human being.

Seriously, its for people like her I wish we had an underground secret police type force that could simply 'disappear' people, never to be seen again...

How wasn't she arrested?

Seemingly acting like a total lunatic (and being known for it) gets you some sort of sympathy and immunity.

She claims to be Irish to the core but doesn't respect the laws and citizens of this country. As for that man who appeared in court, could he not wear a visor instead??

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Surely she should be arrested on some Public Order offence?
    I just looked up what that covers on the Citizens information website and she looks to me to be breaking a number of them.

The guards seem afraid of her for some reason though.

As for that man who appeared in court, could he not wear a visor instead??
    How would he manage to get attention then? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

They would sicken you with all the ****e that they're coming out with. I look forward to the day Gemma and Dee have a major falling out.....which will happen.

What sad lives they lead if this is how they get their kicks..

So let me get this straight: homeless people are being kidnapped and held against their will in a warm, dry cell underneath the criminal court and not allowed back out to sleep on the streets till they submit to the brutal horror of a nasal swab? Is that what she was screaming about?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,768 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The same 10 or 12 weirdos with flags and banners this morning then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The Nal wrote: »
    The same 10 or 12 weirdos with flags and banners this morning then.
    The 99% icon14.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement