Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

People who cannot get vaccinated because of a medical condition are also catching it because those who can get vaccinated are not doing so because of their nutjob parents. What part of that seems to cause you difficulty in understanding? Is it too complicated for you to understand?
    If only there was a vaccine for stupidity........

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

people parading around in circles reciting a chant over and over again behind a man wearing a fancy dress - and they'd be the same people calling the rest of us sheep .... the irony.

Anyway - who is this priest they are wheeling out for these events ... is he the same priest that had a part in Dee's remake of the Blair Witch Project in the Phoenix Park ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Gemma is outside the Dail talking about politicians with the mark of the Beast who are trying to turn us into transhumanists to please Satan. They've performed an exorcism on the Oireachtas and she has a truth trailer which gives out various messages such as not to wear masks etc.

This is fantastic. Really brightens up 2020.
    Leaflets cost way more than a few hundred. Shes had 10s of thousands of leaflets recently, add on delivery costs for the leaflets - substantially a lot more than a few hundred.

Oh did she do that many? Thought it was just a couple of thousand.

GT89 wrote: »
    But that is only amongst the unvaccinated population. People who are vaccinated are not getting measles.

Babies do not get vaccinated until they are 12 months old. Before that they can catch measles and it is dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

People who cannot get vaccinated because of a medical condition are also catching it because those who can get vaccinated are not doing so because of their nutjob parents. What part of that seems to cause you difficulty in understanding? Is it too complicated for you to understand?

And the children who cannot be vaccinated are often the very children that measles poses the greatest risk to. So while you're anti-vax offspring may get measles and be sick for a few weeks and recover well, they infect kids who cannot be vaccinated and are left with serious lifelong conditions or worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

whippet wrote: »
    people parading around in circles reciting a chant over and over again behind a man wearing a fancy dress - and they'd be the same people calling the rest of us sheep .... the irony.

Anyway - who is this priest they are wheeling out for these events ... is he the same priest that had a part in Dee's remake of the Blair Witch Project in the Phoenix Park ?

https://fionaolearyblog.wordpress.com/2020/08/14/sspx-resistance-cult-operating-out-of-a-farmhouse-in-west-cork/

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Sardonicat wrote: »
    And you have people here claiming we dont know enough about her to suppose she could be mentally ill. Shame on the fukkers who are egging her on. How long will this continue before the wheels finally come off?

Thanks but I know you dont know but religious beliefs are not a reason to believe someone has a mental health disorder.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Babies do not get vaccinated until they are 12 months old. Before that they can catch measles and it is dangerous.

Babies get vaccinations at 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 12 months and 13 months. The MMR vaccination is given at 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

PhoneMain wrote: »
    Babies get vaccinations at 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 12 months and 13 months. The MMR vaccination is given at 12 months.

So you're agreeing bubblypop was correct, then, as it's the measles vaccine we're talking about. Grand.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

have a read through this...
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/pubinfo/pcischedule/immschedule/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Would love to see counter protests by the Satanic Temple

Thanks but I know you dont know but religious beliefs are not a reason to believe someone has a mental health disorder.

I do know that. I dont know many people, health care professionals or otherwise, who consider someone believing that people have the 'mark of the beast on them' or that the choice of net curtains someone chooses to hang can indicate whether or not they are satanists as falling under the remit of 'religious beliefs'. And if someone brought their concern for a relative displaying that behaviour to you in your capacity as a Health Professional and your response was to shrug and say 'sorry, those are her religious beliefs, nothing for me to do here', then shame on you!

I've read it many times, I had to know it for exams.

Which is exactly what I said?

bubblypop wrote: »
    Which is exactly what I said?
    ...but as since been mentioned, does not indicate that a measels vaccine is given before 12 months.

I think there are crossed wires and you're just referring to vaccines in general before 12 months

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Well that's bodily autonomy and freedom of choice and is part and parcel of living in a free society.

Well that's bodily autonomy and freedom of choice and is part and parcel of living in a free society.

Free to choose your kid infecting another kid with a disease that kills them. Stick it the man!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nothing says genuine concerns like the good old "f*ck 'em" attitude.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

owning the libs by killing other peoples kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The same anti vaxx crew outside the Dail last night are the exact same people who were outside the Dail in 2018 protesting against bodily autonomy and freedom of choice.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I do know that. I dont know many people, health care professionals or otherwise, who consider someone believing that people have the 'mark of the beast on them' or that the choice of net curtains someone chooses to hang can indicate whether or not they are satanists as falling under the remit of 'religious beliefs'. And if someone brought their concern for a relative displaying that behaviour to you in your capacity as a Health Professional and your response was to shrug and say 'sorry, those are her religious beliefs, nothing for me to do here', then shame on you!

Well thank you for assuming that would be my response based on 1 line. I'll ask you a question, why do you deem Gemma to be mentally ill due to stating beliefs about Satan? Do you feel the members of the Westboro Baptist Church to be mentally ill? How about Pope Francis who regularly talks about the evils and God with certainty that they are physically manifest? What about preachers in Mosques who talk about everlasting life with no physical evidence of same?

This is a lot more nuanced than 1 line in a post on social media. I am in no way willing to speculate on Gemma's mental health and while anyone else can speculate about it, you shouldnt' be diagnosing people based on social media posts. It is unethical for medical professionals to diagnose someone they havent evaluated. There's specific circumstances where doctors can assess people, thats if they voluntarily present to you or whether they are brought to you involuntarily under certain circumstances via the Mental Health Act. Either way, from day 1 in medical school, we are trained in how to take a history, physically examine and assess someone and we have specific methods of evaluating someones mental health, namely via a mental health exam which involves various aspects like assessing their mood, their appearance, their speech, their thoughts in form and content, how they appear to us, whether I feel they are psychotic or suicidal amongst a lot else. This is drilled into us during our psych rotations in college and during time working in psychiatry. Either way, whats important is that there is a whole person way of evaluating someone and their religious beliefs alone isnt reason to declare someone mentally ill, no matter how strongly someone else feels about it. If that was the case, the Westboro Baptist Church family would have been locked up long ago (they possibly should have been for being horrible people anyway!)

...but as since been mentioned, does not indicate that a measels vaccine is given before 12 months.

I think there are crossed wires and you're just referring to vaccines in general before 12 months

Yeah crossed wires, I didnt realise you were on about MMR vaccine solely, I was just pointing out that other vaccines are given before 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭dasdog

whippet wrote: »
    Anyway - who is this priest they are wheeling out for these events ...

One of the comments on facebuke refers to a Fr Pat Collins and a quick google seems to confirm he performs some sort of exorcisms. I wonder what that shows up as under expenses?

It's a nice soundbite but other than that its kinds populist nonsense!
    A free society works on the basis of people working together.
    When you have someone acting selfishly and unnecessarily because of bodily autonomy and freedom of choice then it is not a free society because the choices of a selfish person increase the risks against the vulnerable person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Can't understand in such a location why no efforts were made to disperse the crowd, to arrest anyone for contravention of public health guidelines?

They didn't do it during the BLM nonsense during the Summer. Remember when we had Jedward jumping on cars in O'Connell street? The same half-witted pair were brought onto the Late Late by Tubs to excoriate people for not sticking to the guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,811 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Im surprised someone like John Waters has aligned himself so much with her, for a long time there he was a darling of official Ireland, column in the times, regular on rte etc.

But he threatened to sue the Irish Times while still a freelancer for them, and he did actually sue RTE.

Now, I wonder why is it they don't want to be his mouthpieces any more? :rolleyes:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Some looney bin put a motorised sign on wheels in Balrothery village just south of Balbriggan on the Dublin to Belfast road R132. Flashing message saying dont wear masks they cause disease, dont get a vaccine etc. I have my suspicions its Gemma and her gang as she parked her van near there several times.

Its the Truth Trailer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭hynesie08

They didn't do it during the BLM nonsense during the Summer. Remember when we had Jedward jumping on cars in O'Connell street? The same half-witted pair were brought onto the Late Late by Tubs to excoriate people for not sticking to the guidelines.

No, I remember them protesting in LA, while wearing masks and/or social distancing.......

I give it till Friday till one of her crew tries to sue the truth trailer for 5g rays or something..

LA was it? They're not the brightest pair: "Dear Dublin Anti Mask Protest! Get the fu*k inside you selfish low lives. sincerely the rest of the country"

29150036-0-image-a-115_1591145105728.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm not at crossed wires. I was talking about the measles, which is what the conversation was about. Measles vaccination is given at 12 months

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement