Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

Weirdly, I fall a fair bit under your classification of hard left but I'm not hard left if I'm tbh. Make a very good salary, looking at getting a house in the near future and I'll confess I don't put much thought into how I dress so I probably look like a "skint loser". Meanwhile Torino does not actually work from what I gather, he's obsessed with blaming refugees for his woes and he grifts via fundraising on his page. That's what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Weirdly, I fall a fair bit under your classification of hard left but I'm not hard left if I'm tbh. Make a very good salary, looking at getting a house in the near future and I'll confess I don't put much thought into how I dress so I probably look like a "skint loser". Meanwhile Torino does not actually work from what I gather, he's obsessed with blaming refugees for his woes and he grifts via fundraising on his page. That's what he does.

I was once told on a boards forum that I wasn’t a liberal when I said I didn’t believe that people should be just allowed stay on the dole indefinitely if they had no intention of getting work. It’s amazing what people of a conservative bent decide what liberal is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

salmocab wrote: »
    I was once told on a boards forum that I wasn’t a liberal when I said I didn’t believe that people should be just allowed stay on the dole indefinitely if they had no intention of getting work. It’s amazing what people of a conservative bent decide what liberal is.

You're not meant to resent the lad next door who lives in essentially the same house you paid 250k for because Denis O'Brien robs us far more than Anto / Deco / Martin McDonagh/ Olesegun and their 9 kids getting a grand a week.

They always seem to forget that while O'Brien may be creative with his taxes his company's and his employees contribute more to the economy than the waster next door ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Billy Mays wrote: »
    You think most people with left wing views don't or never will work?

They seem to think that their imagined full time occupation for Gran Torino leads to more earnings than their imagined occupations or lack thereof for people at BLM etc r protests.

There probably a good few unemployed and low earners at those BLM type marches, just as there very likely are plenty of dole lifers attending the pro Gemma'n'co anti mask griftathons we often see during weekday afternoons.

Any mention of Croft being a builder I can find refers to him as a former builder, e.g. not employed as one. Literally nothing referred to him as a carpenter. You're arguing with someone who appears to be creating a reality in their head.

Traditional left wing views, like that all grown adults who put in a 40 hour week deserve a decent wage relative to living costs, everyone deserves an affordable place to live, everyone should have access to free or low cost medical cover?

No. Most people who hold these views work. Myself included.

Do I think people who rant about gender identity, attend BLM marches in honour of low lifes, blindly believe any woman who claims she was raped (particularly if said alleged rapist is part of the white male establishment) and who think asylum seekers deserve superior rights to tax paying natives solely on the basis they're black or / and Muslim and therefore somehow liven up this apparently backwards dump of a country?
    ?

You don't have left wing views. Definitely not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

bubblypop wrote: »
    You don't have left wing views. Definitely not.

Thats it, the left used to represent the working class, now theyve abandoned the worker and are just about performing a cash extraction on government to fund peoples fantasies induced by mental illness or pure laziness

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What, he no longer works?

I heard before he was a carpenter. That would put him on a bare minimum of 40k per year working full time. Although possibly much more if he's good at hi

How many of Leah Doherty's friends gross even 3/4 of that? None, aside from the odd teacher or lecturer. Croft was earning more at 18 as a 2nd year apprentice than most of this lot are at 40.

I'd a look at his views there. His 2 month old views have around 2000 views. Some of his stuff up 2 years has 20k views.

Let's be generous and say hes had 100k cumulative views.

I'd be surprised if he made 50 quid off advertising.

Even if he did its 50 quid more than most of the lefties will ever earn by working.

I thought he was in the British Army at 18. He has companies sponsoring his videos as well. Plus an online shop. Hes always asking for donations.

Basically he is making a packet out of being a racist prick.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Thats it, the left used to represent the working class, now theyve abandoned the worker and are just about performing a cash extraction on government to fund peoples fantasies induced by mental illness or pure laziness

Rubbish.
    Left wing views have always been concerned with equality for less advantaged in society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Rubbish.
    Left wing views have always been concerned with equality for less advantaged in society.

But the left doesn't espouse equality. By demanding asylum seekers get own door accommodation within weeks of arrival they are advocating superior treatment, not equality. This mad idea would only resemble equal treatment if the state owned more council houses than there were people looking to rent them.

Even if we had that, asylum seekers have done nothing to deserve them.

But the left doesn't espouse equality. By demanding asylum seekers get own door accommodation within weeks of arrival they are advocating superior treatment, not equality. This mad idea would only resemble equal treatment if the state owned more council houses than there were people looking to rent them.

Where do you get the idea that the 'left' demand this? Perhaps some people have looked for humane treatment for asylum seekers. I don't see anything wrong with people being treated humanely, do you?

Edit, also what has anyone done to deserve a council house? People who deserve housing are people that cannot house themselves.

• Advertisement

I would say you're doing an incredible misrepresentation of how poor direct provision accomodation is. Anyway, Torino is an out of work grifter which should surely annoy you.

I would say you're doing an incredible misrepresentation of how poor direct provision accomodation is. Anyway, Torino is an out of work grifter which should surely annoy you.

As long as his income isnt from my taxes (welfare) im happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Mac Diarmada

Some chap this tan torino fella. Broke and living at home with his parents and simultaneously coining it through his racist grifting.

Rubbish.

Left wing views are whatever someone on the right decides it is during whatever rant they are on.

salmocab wrote: »
    Left wing views are whatever someone on the right decides it is during whatever rant they are on.

Same with anything ‘right wing’ both sides are guilty of it.

Oh that’s for sure, the thing is there are very few people that could really be described as left or right wing. It’s more left/right or liberal/conservative and in there there is massive differences between individual peoples ideas.

I can predict what you will say on a topic based on the thread title

I can predict what you will say on a topic based on the thread title

Considering this thread title and the post you quoted I find that hard to believe.

But thanks for your confidence in how consistent I am in my opinions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Yep he grifts for a living, pretty sure he isn't in actual employment. Basically does the same thing as Tommy Robinson with less success.

If Torino patched up a single shed roof in a year he'd have done something more productive than Ebun Joseph, Leah Doherty and all the quangos and NGO's who are sucking on the tax payers teat combined.

If Torino patched up a single shed roof in a year he'd have done something more productive than Ebun Joseph, Leah Doherty and all the quangos and NGO's who are sucking on the tax payers teat combined.

All those pay income tax of some form. Torino grifts and to the best of my knowledge hasn't fixed a shed roof outside of possibly his own. I also don't think pushing hate speech is a particularly good thing to be doing with one's life. Your love affair with the work of the grifter is tragic.

It's also pretty amusing for Cartman to be a fan of a person who contributes nothing to society. He'd normally be calling him a "welfare cheat"... Ah double standards...

• Advertisement

All those pay income tax of some form. Torino grifts and to the best of my knowledge hasn't fixed a shed roof outside of possibly his own.
    The 'income tax' these super grifters pay is from our money we've already given them.
    I also don't think pushing hate speech is a particularly good thing to be doing with one's life. Your love affair with the work of the grifter is tragic.
    Hate speech. Lol.

He's doing better work than the anti-Irish nutters we're forced to pay for above.
    It's also pretty amusing for Cartman to be a fan of a person who contributes nothing to society. He'd normally be calling him a "welfare cheat"... Ah double standards...

What the fook does Ebun Joeseph or Leah Doherty contribute to society???

The 'income tax' these super grifters pay is from our money we've already given them.

Hate speech. Lol.

He's doing better work than the anti-Irish nutters we're forced to pay for above.

What the fook does Ebun Joeseph or Leah Doherty contribute to society???

None of the people you cited are anti Irish, are you planning to rant about the anti white agenda next?

Have you heard one single interview from Joseph where she's not attacking Ireland/the Irish? The very people who took her in?

Have you heard one single interview from Joseph where she's not attacking Ireland/the Irish? The very people who took her in?

You're very emotional but you seem more annoyed that she's highlighted racism and such. Taking it very personally. Strange that.

Out of interest, do you think Gemma engages in racism? You seem to be under a bizarre impression that Torino doesn't so want to see extent of your views.

A woman leaves Africa and comes all the way to Ireland and gets a job to tell the Irish how racist they are?

If its so racist why did she come?

A woman leaves Africa and comes all the way to Ireland and gets a job to tell the Irish how racist they are?

If its so racist why did she come?

Blacks wuz the original gaels n sheeit.

But seriously there are Africans subscribing to such theories. Best one i heard was St Patrick ran them all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Blacks wuz the original gaels n sheeit.

But seriously there are Africans subscribing to such theories. Best one i heard was St Patrick ran them all out.

Sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Acosta

Ebun Joeseph has not always been right about some of the complaints she's come out with , but she's generally bombarded with racism and abuse from the usual pond scum racist accounts across social media nearly on a daily basis.

Fair play to her for continuing to speak out against racism. Most people that seem to have a big problem with her are the crowd that spend their days rattling on about the replacement theory, new world order, Soros, their hatred for Nigerians, NGOs, The Minister For Children, how Trump was robbed, anti gay and anti trans issues, their hatred for RTE(even though they seem to spend so much time watching it), Direct Provision, women etc etc...
    There's a few hanging around the Current Affairs forum at the moment which rattle on in much the same manner.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Sure

Snopes actually went to the trouble of fact checking it.

Claim : St. Patrick led the genocide of a contingent of Twa 'pygmies' from Central Africa, who were the original inhabitants of Ireland.

• Advertisement

All those pay income tax of some form. Torino grifts and to the best of my knowledge hasn't fixed a shed roof outside of possibly his own. I also don't think pushing hate speech is a particularly good thing to be doing with one's life. Your love affair with the work of the grifter is tragic.

I am no fan of that man, ill absolutely endorse your use of the term ‘grifter’ but as specified earlier if hes not on the social then so be it grifting money out of idiots, if he is on the welfare then its ‘put down the mic and go get a job’ from me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement