Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Whether Tommy Robinson is guilty or not of contempt of court is completely irrelevant. They are tumped up charges he is being convicted of and he has already served his time last year why is he going back to jail I've never hear of anyone going back to jail after already serving a sentence for the same crime unless release conditions were breached which they weren't.

Tommy is a political prisoner simple as. If it wasn't for activism he would have probably got a slap on the wrist and nothing more. I also believe if he was middle class he wouldn't get the same treatment either. Look at George Galloway's ex advisor whom it took 26 breaches of a court order before she was jailed.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/16171212.george-galloways-former-parliamentary-assistant-aisha-ali-khan-jailed-for-contempt/

he didnt serve his full sentence last time. he appealed so was released pending a retrial.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

DubInMeath wrote: »
    In short I would be closer to the Scandinavian and continental models, rather than the U.S. and U.K. models which we have been following since the 80s.

Can you expand on that. In what way?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Whether Tommy Robinson is guilty or not of contempt of court is completely irrelevant.
    So basically, you don't want the laws applying to those you consider "on your side". That's not very healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

batgoat wrote: »
    No they aren't, he risked collapsing a trial.

Sorry but I don't see how standing outside a court house shouting abuse at the defendants was risking collapsing the trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

At the risk of getting the thread back on topic:

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1149407763740733440

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

So basically, you don't want the laws applying to those you consider "on your side". That's not very healthy.

No I believe they should apply equally to both sides which they are not. It took George Galloway's ex advisor to breach a court order 26 times before she was jailed and she only got 12 weeks not 13 months so why not the same treatment for Tommy or the same treatment for her.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/16171212.george-galloways-former-parliamentary-assistant-aisha-ali-khan-jailed-for-contempt/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Blueshoe wrote: »
    You are easily entertained
    Sweet dreams princess xxx
    Yeah do what your told Stevie boi...hows the research on chemtrails going ?

Mod: I'm going to start carding low level spatting like this from here on in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

For me, this is a prime example of what happens when liberal media go too far. Their bias reporting, removing of facts, not covering of stories.. etc.. all leads to people like Gemma only being more suspicious and conspiratorial.

It looks like she believes what she says, would anyone question her integrity? (the reason she does what she does)

If you believe shes a far-right racist, crazy conspiratorial outrage merchant, what do you believe is her motivation for doing what she does? Is she making money somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Kimsang wrote: »
    For me, this is a prime example of what happens when liberal media go too far. Their bias reporting, removing of facts, not covering of stories.. etc.. all leads to people like Gemma only being more suspicious and conspiratorial.

It looks like she believes what she says, would anyone question her integrity? (the reason she does what she does)

If you believe shes a far-right racist, crazy conspiratorial outrage merchant, what do you believe is her motivation for doing what she does? Is she making money somehow?

The answer to that is in the question. She’s got mental issues, presumably triggered by her husband’s death, given that she’s subsequently ramped up the paranoia on multiple fronts, and now seemingly welcomes all and any conspiracy fodder - irregardless of it’s plausibility. She’s far too fond of the attention-seeking and martyrdom complex - that’s clearly the appeal/motivation for her.

the reason she does what she does is irrelevant. what is relevant is that she continually spouts absolute crap that has no basis in fact.

• Advertisement

the reason she does what she does is irrelevant. what is relevant is that she continually spouts absolute crap that has no basis in fact.

Why is that relevant? Not being cheeky, serious question. I've never been worried about chemtrailists before.

It seems most people agree with her for her views on immigration.
    I'm happy there are people out there like Gemma having a different opinion to the rest of us, it allows us to sharpen our arguments.

Lets say we made it illegal to talk about the things Gemma talks about.. what happens then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

If most people shared Gemmas views on immigration, our governing party would be Identity Ireland or Justin Barrett's National Party.

Instead, the latter didn't even bother to compete in the last general election from what I can see, while the former picked up a total of 183 first preference votes, which is 00.008% of the total.

We would also have more than 20 people showing up to highly publicized "Irexit" launches.

What I wrote should have read "Most of the people who agree with her, agree with her because of immigration" , apologies I didn't mean most people agree with her view on immigration.

Why is that relevant? Not being cheeky, serious question. I've never been worried about chemtrailists before.

I'm happy there are people out there like Gemma having a different opinion to the rest of us, it allows us to sharpen our arguments.

Gemma herself didn’t agree with her own views on immigration. She married an immigrant - not a care for the whole ‘population replacement’ nonsense at the time. There’s no point in trying to ascribe any considered perspective to the woman - she’s as flakey as they come. As long as there’s hyperbole involved - it’s enough for her. Witness her latest shift to willingness to entertain straightforward anti-semitism, on the back of her YouTube commentators. She’s ridiculously pliable, and happy enough to take any old guff from the reactionary playbook.

Most people agree that we are being replaced by foreigners?
    Lets say we made it illegal to talk about the things Gemma talks about.. what happens then?

Nobody has suggested that but while she continues i will continue to mock her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Most people are waking up to this, perhaps you live in a city and rarely venture to towns but anyone with a pair of eyes in any Irish town can notice a massive increase of Non Eu Nationals in the last two years.

You haven't got long left in terms of denial, people have eyes and they can see. Its happening everywhere in Ireland and it actually looks very bad for you (in terms of your trustworthiness) when you tell people that what they can see themselves is not actually happening.

This is how I feel about that argument.
    When I debate Christians, Jews, Creationists, climate deniers etc. they are unfailingly polite, respectful, thoughtful, discerning, & listen to my arguments. Far Left SJWs do not. They simply look for fault & pounce.- Michael Shermer

Most people are waking up to this, perhaps you live in a city and rarely venture to towns but anyone with a pair of eyes in any Irish town can notice a massive increase of Non Eu Nationals in the last two years.

You haven't got long left in terms of denial, people have eyes and they can see. Its happening everywhere in Ireland and it actually looks very bad for you (in terms of your trustworthiness) when you tell people that what they can see themselves is not actually happening.

I live in one of the most densely immigrant populated areas in the country. I’m quite clear that there’s no ‘replacement by foreigners’ going on. There’s been net immigration by Irish emigrants for a number of years now - and, excluding immigrant births, the Irish population continues to grow; 1.1% last year. In order to ‘replace’ something, you need to remove it. That’s not actually happening.

This is how I feel about that argument.

You haven't made any arguments to respond to

alastair wrote: »

I live in one of the most densely immigrant populated areas in the country. I’m quite clear that there’s no ‘replacement by foreigners’ going on. There’s been net immigration by Irish emigrants for a number of years now - and, excluding immigrant births, the Irish population continues to grow; 1.1% last year. In order to ‘replace’ something, you need to remove it. That’s not actually happening.

The population of Ireland is over 17% foreign born. Per capitawe have one of the highest foreign born populations in Europe.
    How you can deny whats happening is beyond me

• Advertisement

The population of Ireland is over 17% foreign born. Per capitawe have one of the highest foreign born populations in Europe.

most of that number are eu citizens

most of that number are eu citizens

Yeah, and in the last few years there's a wave of immigration from Non Eu regions. This is quite obvious and It will continue and will most likely escalate and continue for decades.
    They are also having more children than Irish people.

In any case my issue is with immigration in general
    So I'm against Ireland's demographics changing to a degree where any group outnumbers the native Irish.
    We have had enough immigration at this stage. The pragmatic and socially responsible thing to do is curtail it now and let integration happen.
    The only way to achieve a harmonious and balanced society is to start severely restricting immigration, otherwise a continuous stream of never ending immigration from all parts of the world will inevitably lead to a total fracturing of society. There is no other outcome.
    In the early 2000's the Irish Times ran an article which stated that the Native Irish will be a minority by the year 2050.
    Everything tells us that this may happen a lot sooner.

Yeah, and in the last few years there's a wave of immigration from Non Eu regions. This is quite obvious and It will continue and will most likely escalate and continue for decades.
    They are also having more children than Irish people.

In any case my issue is with immigration in general
    So I'm against Ireland's demographics changing to a degree where any group outnumbers the native Irish.
    We have had enough immigration at this stage. The pragmatic and socially responsible thing to do is curtail it now and let integration happen.
    The only way to achieve a harmonious and balanced society is to start severely restricting immigration, otherwise a continuous stream of never ending immigration from all parts of the world will inevitably lead to a total fracturing of society. There is no other outcome.
    In the early 2000's the Irish Times ran an article which stated that the Native Irish will be a minority by the year 2050.
    Everything tells us that this may happen a lot sooner.

if they did write such an article they are idiot. The number of non-irish residents dropped between 2011 and 2016. the number of non-eu living here is tiny. The majority of non-irish here are either polish, english and lithuanian. basically you and gemma are talking ****,

if they did write such an article they are idiot. The number of non-irish residents dropped between 2011 and 2016. the number of non-eu living here is tiny. The majority of non-irish here are either polish, english and lithuanian. basically you and gemma are talking ****,

Not talking **** and you know it. You know its true.

Why can't you just come out and say that you wish to see Irelands demographics permanently altered?
    Why do you have to be so dishonest about your goals?

Not talking **** and you know it. You know its true.

Why can't you just come out and say that you wish to see Irelands demographics permanently altered?
    Why do you have to be so dishonest about your goals?

goals? am i georg soros in disguise? i see why are back to the paranoid conspiracy theory nonsense. that didnt take long.

goals? am i georg soros in disguise? i see why are back to the paranoid conspiracy theory nonsense. that didnt take long.

yeah right...deflection as usual.

I wonder if theres a financial element here. Like maybe a salary depends on a particular ideological position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

If most people shared Gemmas views on immigration, our governing party would be Identity Ireland or Justin Barrett's National Party.

Instead, the latter didn't even bother to compete in the last general election from what I can see, while the former picked up a total of 183 first preference votes, which is 00.008% of the total.

We would also have more than 20 people showing up to highly publicized "Irexit" launches.

One of those parties didn’t even exist at the time of the last general election.

yeah right...deflection as usual.

I wonder if theres a financial element here. Like maybe a salary depends on a particular ideological position.

i wish.

12.2% (not 17%) of the population are foreign born. That includes all kids of returned Irish emigrants, NI born U.K. people, etc. We’ve a proportionally much bigger diaspora than the rest of European countries. None of the above removes from the fact that we have a growing population regardless of immigration, and that we have net Irish immigration. Which means that the ‘replacement’ trope is simply at odds with reality.

The fact of the matter is that we aren’t being ‘replaced’, we don’t have ‘open borders’, save EU freedom of movement, which is a popular and economically beneficial policy supported by the vast majority here. The ‘immigration control platform’ and ‘Irish patriot’ enthusiasts should really just come clean about their core racism, and spare the embarrassment of looking like idiots. Save us all a bunch of time.

• Advertisement

12.2% (not 17%) of the population are foreign born. That includes all kids of returned Irish emigrants, NI born U.K. people, etc. We’ve a proportionally much bigger diaspora than the rest of European countries. None of the above removes from the fact that we have a growing population regardless of immigration, and that we have net Irish immigration. Which means that the ‘replacement’ trope is simply at odds with reality.

The fact of the matter is that we aren’t being ‘replaced’, we don’t have ‘open borders’, save EU freedom of movement, which is a popular and economically beneficial policy supported by the vast majority here. The ‘immigration control platform’ and ‘Irish patriot’ enthusiasts should really just come clean about their core racism, and spare the embarrassment of looking like idiots. Save us all a bunch of time.

You can engage in all the mental gymnastics and semantic bullsh1t you like.

The number of Foreign Born people in Ireland is over 17%
    The fact that tens of thousands have been granted Irish nationality is neither here nor there. They're still foreign.
    Like I said earlier. The fact that you guys lie makes you look extremely dishonest.
    Anyone with a pair of eyes can see whats happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement