Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    I see Dee wasn't at Andys court case today; she was too busy in Antrim pottering about the hosptial where the ambulances were lined up; live-streaming it all of course.......on site with no permission.......if I ever see someone live-streaming I'll go over & whip that phone out of their paw & suffer the legal consequences.
    She is a total scumbag
    Why the hell is she allowed to roam anywhere about the country?
    I am heading up north tomorrow to see my family for the first time in God knows how long, and this daft bint can just head anywhere she fancies?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Andy - 24 previous convictions? what are they for?

anyhows- tremendous video about Pfizer, by Gemma. Pfizer have maybe sixty
    convictions in the U.S. these ain't good boys.
    and Pfizer are now about to vaccinate everyone here. Now, that; - is bad.

Big Pharma Gemma who won an award from Glaxo Smithkline?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I flabbergasted that a company the size of Pfizer have only 60 convictions in the US.

I would have figured some exponentially more, given the litigious nature of that country.

They must be doing a hell of a job making sure they are above board

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

penalties, $3.1M in Pennsylvania; Parsippany,n.j.,$538k; Connecticut $625k; Michigan; $700M [and another company] in Alabama; Kalamazoo;.....and Nigeria sued them in 2001 for testing an anti-biotic on children. And here they are, in Clondalkin. clondalkin park seems to be overseeing the entire country.

What are you ****eing on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

PhoneMain wrote: »
    What are you ****eing on about?

the answer to that question has troubled philosophers through the ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

the answer to that question has troubled philosophers through the ages.

those Big Pharma people are so evil, making people live longer and healthier lives. they're so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,811 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Forsa

Total complete and utter bullshít. There is no member of Forsa in the civil service on a third of that.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Forsa

Forsa is a trade union.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

I think November Wren is quoting Forsa as the source of their information as opposed to suggesting Forsa staff earn 240k?

But even at that, I can't find where it says any that civil servant is paid 240,000.

MrsBean wrote: »
    I think November Wren is quoting Forsa as the source of their information as opposed to suggesting Forsa staff earn 240k?

But even at that, I can't find where it says any that civil servant is paid 240,000.

the highest level on the civil service pay scale is 207K for department secretaries. there are a handful of those out of 300,000 public servants.

• Advertisement

MrsBean wrote: »

The Garda commissioner gets paid more than that, but he is the only one I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Real World consequences for the Gembots, you love to see it.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/gemma-odoherty-supporter-abused-and-insulted-gardai-39877196.html
    A CAR passenger who was asked for his name after a garda traffic stop roared obscenities and told them: “I’m a Gemma O’Doherty supporter, I don’t need to tell you nothing,” a court heard.

Father-of-one Philip Daly (33) hurled abuse at the officer in a public park and asked passers-by to “record the wrongdoing of the guards” on their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Forsa

You do know that Forsa represents the lower ranks of the Civil Service, up to HEO level, right? There's no Forsa member on that salary.

You're making stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭mountain

Birneybau wrote: »

Ha fecking ha.

Delighted for him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

mountain wrote: »
    Ha fecking ha.

Delighted for him

No contract, no consent.

You do know that Forsa represents the lower ranks of the Civil Service, up to HEO level, right? There's no Forsa member on that salary.

You're making stuff up.

Just EO, salary maxes out at about 50k.

I'm sick of saying this but Civil Service salaries are published, it's no secret.

Link, ironically enough, to Forsa.

https://www.forsa.ie/about-forsa/divisions/civil-service/civil-service-pay-scales/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

PhoneMain wrote: »
    those Big Pharma people are so evil, making people live longer and healthier lives. they're so bad.

They're playing the long con. The longer they keep you alive, the more drugs and medication you need. If we all died at 40 big pharma would make less money. Evil fúckers making us live longer to feed their own greed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

They're playing the long con. The longer they keep you alive, the more drugs and medication you need. If we all died at 40 big pharma would make less money. Evil fúckers making us live longer to feed their own greed.

Jokes asides, there is in theory at least a framework to hold them accountable. It's imperfection means that it's only partially effective but I don't see how unaccountable grifters are an improvement.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    I see Dee wasn't at Andys court case today; she was too busy in Antrim pottering about the hosptial where the ambulances were lined up; live-streaming it all of course.......on site with no permission.......if I ever see someone live-streaming I'll go over & whip that phone out of their paw & suffer the legal consequences.
    https://twitter.com/NHSCTrust/status/1339906529961631745

Nice bit of shade in that tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Eamon_

El Weirdo wrote: »

Why the big deal about being over capacity now?

Our health service is over capacity every flu season and no one cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭dasdog

Looper

Dee's supporters were comparing her to Maud Gonne during the week. I'm awaiting a reply after challenging that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

dasdog wrote: »
    Dee's supporters were comparing her to Maud Gonne during the week. I'm awaiting a reply after challenging that.

Dont think she'll be inspiring any great poetry from great poets any time soon.

Down by the Remembrance Gardens
    Our heroine did stand
    And from her lived streamed ranting
    She earned herself a grand.....

No, not quite Yeats, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

In fairness to them, they've got the "-aud" part right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Dont think she'll be inspiring any great poetry from great poets any time soon.

Down by the Remembrance Gardens
    Our heroine did stand
    And from her lived streamed ranting
    She earned herself a grand.....

No, not quite Yeats, is it?

"Earned"? that is pushing poetic licence to the limit.

Grifted wouldn't fit the meter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

El Weirdo wrote: »

How is she able to travel to another jurisdiction with no consequence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

You spelt "mad" wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm trying to be romantic here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement