Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

About Paye/Prsi/usc; on Dee Wall's website the excellent video Dee has made at the absolutely vacant Antrim Hospital (that Leo Varadkar had said was packed with cases) was most informative and illuminating.

Dee Wall has just accomplished an important piece of journalism and it is presented there on the website for all to see.

You mean the empty OUT PATIENTS department when it was closed for the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭francois

About Paye/Prsi/usc; on Dee Wall's website the excellent video Dee has made at the absolutely vacant Antrim Hospital (that Leo Varadkar had said was packed with cases) was most informative and illuminating.

Dee Wall has just accomplished an important piece of journalism and it is presented there on the website for all to see.

No doubt Paye/Prsi/usc is paid by Newspaper Journalists and RTE Presenters.
    If only they actually were such - and actually presented the actual news.

Morto for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

You mean the empty OUT PATIENTS department when it was closed for the evening?

No matter how often this is pointed out to her on & off line (Periscope TV Broadcasts, Twitter) & to her fellow em, "woke" followers they refuse to believe this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Well said Madam.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,328 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You mean the video that promoted this statement from the Northern Health Trust?

(Sorry, can't embed that as I'm on the phone)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Why would Leo be commenting on the capacity of a hospital in a different country?
    One that isn't part of the HSE?
    Surely that's a matter for Robin Swann and the Northern Health Trusts to comment on?

Also, wasn't it the OutPatient department that was empty/closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

banie01 wrote: »
    Why would Leo be commenting on the capacity of a hospital in a different country?
    One that isn't part of the HSE?

Probably because we have an "invisible" border with that "country" and what happens in the North inevitably ends us.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

It only takes a semi-competent person to identify the fallacies presented in your post.....

banie01 wrote: »

"Country" :pac:

In her Christmas Eve Rivers of Blood speech Deranged Dee was on about a Mass being conducted Christmas Day morning @ 11 in Morean Hall in (though she repeatedly stuggled with both spelling & pronunciation.....as usual) in Walkinstown (not to mention not actually knowing where it is or was & only being told on Periscope the broad directions to it.

Wanted a "Ring of steel" around the Padre afterwards as apparently "An Tea Fa" were going to throw eggs at him/his car afterwards; one wonders does she ever actually engage her brain before speakiing?

She's making so much of this stuff up & yet her followers, like Gemmas, lap it up without question.

Don't know if it went ahead; nothing on her feed about it; she did say she'd be live-streaming it; look it Dee, you live-stream EVERYTHING to be fair.

She also made repeated accusations about how a woman wearing a Burqa went into a Mosque to prove they were having their religious rituals; so she had a f*****g plant do this? Bizarre.

Nosques, like Catholic Churches here, are & have been open for worship using same 50 people per service until now, today as I type it, St. Stephens Day Saturday the 26th of December 2020.

They too will go online & indeed Private Prayer in Churches was permitted once Daily Masses were over; where I live that meant the Church was open to public between 2pm & Teatime as there was a 10am & 1pm Mass; this time the 1pm Mass is gone til New Year so it'll be 11 O'Clock to 6pm.

She's trying to do what Mr. Sherlock of the Liberal does; create a religious war; she's in her 60s & is old enough to remember the Troubles surely?

What she won't acknowledge is (I class her as homophobic; I think those pics with Paul Murphy were an aberation by her in hindsight) the Muslims she hates are well matched with her in terms of her Catholic faiths belief system on issues such as LGBT ones, Marriage Equality, Repealing of the Eighth Referendum too not to mention that Islam sees Jesus as **A*** Prophet too & reveres him; I think it's pointless trying to explain it to her & her like though?

• Advertisement

The Government did bend the rules earlier in the year for Muslims Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

As much as I despise afreeing with dee or gemma, this did happen and was a cultural abomination that should never have been allowed.

As much as I despise afreeing with dee or gemma, this did happen and was a cultural abomination that should never have been allowed.

Friday Prayers at my local Mosques (2) are limited to 50 People; same as Cathedrals/Churches; indeed my local Mosques have had to introduce 2 Sessions since there's normally be more than 50.

Normal Prayers (5 Times Daily) are conducted at home; to my knowledge but I can chase this up with a local Imam if needs be?

But Private Prayer is permitted in Catholic Church so why shouldn't it also proceed in a Mosque?

You referring to the Croke Park Eid? The Cleric Sheykh (sp?) Al Qadri who is the medias Muslim go-to, reached out to the GAA as their national stadium was suffidiently large to hold such a gathering albeit of a miniscule amount of people, 200; it was or had nothing to do with Govt. as such; however the stadium is taxpayer funded but then Muslims are taxpayers too you know...if you want to spin it that way? Socially distanced event it was too. Out on the pitch. Which wasn't in use....and, unlike the Liberals take on it, no animals were slaughtered on the pitch either....sorry about that.

There's nothing similar in Christianity, specificly Catholicism since it seems to be Catholics v Muslims (despite Islam, like Christianity having a number of divisions within their community too) is there? Christmas isn't the same thing in my mind but, again, in my Parish, there were rolling Masses on Christmas Eve both day & night; I think 5 & in a neighbouring Parish there was 7 incl. Polish Mass at 11pm.

A/B Martin & Rev. Jackson & Rabbi Lent were present by the way; they're up for inclusion & diversity; we don't need another Holy War on this island please.....so stop indulging Dee & Gemmas histrionics.

Catholics aren't being stopped from having Masses with Muslims let proceed; ALL Services will be online from today, St. Stephens Day Saturday the 26th of December 2020

Private Prayers will be allowed; you can do this in Church or at home by the way if you're Catholic.

I'm legit not sure if Private Prayers are done in the Mosque outside of Friday Prayers (which, to repeat, although they happened on Christmas Day where I live as it was a Friday...obviously like) unlike in my local Catholic Church; my local Mosques aren't buildings that lend themselves to being available unlike say, a Cathedral or Church; they're much smaller and so would need a Covid officer on site to ensure social distancing is practiced and numbers inside're limited.

Mosques I know of're in commercial or industrial buildings; we only have maybe 2-3, maybe 4 or 5 in specificly build establishments as actual Mosques, the 1 in Galway, Clonskeagh, Ballyhaunis and 1-2 others maybe?

But again, unlike Catholic Churches they don't strike me as being as open to the public as CCs are.

So Dolores/Dee & Gemma're simply trying to create religious divide & hatred; they want a return to a Catholic Ethno State where those of us, including our Protestant Brethern, are excluded & treated as second class.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No. They didnt.

It was an outdoors event

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭banie01

"Country" :pac:

Our politicians don't dictate policy in the 6 counties, as much as Mary Lou would like to.

Leo has no political or legislative standing to comment on the running of the N.I health trusts or NHS.
    It's numbers, it's beds and its strategy are currently outside the remit of Dublin.

But yeah, great contribution and insightful political commentary.

Blatantly misrepresenting the reality there.

Spewing rubbish like that, the username is fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Normal Prayers (5 Times Daily) are conducted at home; to my knowledge but I can chase this up with a local Imam if needs be?

The normal prayers can be, and are, conducted anywhere - you certainly don't need to go to a mosque to pray. I've had colleagues in the past (pre-Covid) who'd use a meeting room if one was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

The thing I still can’t understand, well the main thing, is the defence of your man Aaron Brady. Why were they outside court abusing the media and the victims family? I’ve never really gotten that to be honest.

I can understand, not condone, the rest of the sh*t as it’s all standard loon-ball playbook stuff.

Anti vax, anti Semitic, George Soros is backing everything, anti immigrant- it’s all the same crap by every similar group in every western country.

However I just can’t grasp the Brady stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The thing I still can’t understand, well the main thing, is the defence of your man Aaron Brady. Why were they outside court abusing the media and the victims family? I’ve never really gotten that to be honest.

I can understand, not condone, the rest of the sh*t as it’s all standard loon-ball playbook stuff.

Anti vax, anti Semitic, George Soros is backing everything, anti immigrant- it’s all the same crap by every similar group in every western country.

However I just can’t grasp the Brady stuff

Anti anything decent. These are not nice human beings.

• Advertisement

Anti anything decent. These are not nice human beings.

I know that but why him?
    Just seems like such a random thing to be defending/arguing.

Usually these right wing loon balls are pro law enforcement

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I know that but why him?

they are pro enforcing the laws they agree with. they have no problem giving abuse to gardai.

they are pro enforcing the laws they agree with. they have no problem giving abuse to gardai.

But why Aaron Brady? What differentiates him from any other murdering scumbag?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

trying to understand their reasoning is a little beyond me today.

I know that but why him?

Gemma is very anti -garda

Here's the thing about Gemma & her lot; they're mouthy when in company, like @ GPO, Bray Courthouse, RTE etc.

But on their own? Not a peep out of them.

Perfect example is one of her proteges Flange in Carlow; she doesn't go round doing anything like what Dee or Gemma or Graham etc. do.

The anti-maskers haven't reached here (where I live) in any great numbers thankfully; few bits of anti Covid graffiti, bit of anti Semitic, anti LGBT & anti black people graffiti has appeared in last few months but has been nipped in the bud very quickly.

So it appears to be very a much a travelling s***t show; together they mouth off, alone the don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    So it appears to be very a much a travelling s***t show; together they mouth off, alone the don't.

They're cowards. Not one of them would do a 1 on 1 interview with anyone who doesn't share their "beliefs" because they would be torn apart.

They just like echo chambers and attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭dasdog

A poster on p dot ie summed it up.
    I made a mistake and looked into why she thinks this.

Basically she doesn't know why Drew Harris murdered Aidan O'Donoghue (5 years before he took the Garda commissioner job no less) but he did because he must have done 'because AOD had to die' and a completely innocent man was framed

And that seems to be the case. I also learnt from Gemma and Uisce today the people of Ireland are embracing the Covid lockdown as they need a sense of belonging for passing the abortion referendum. I stopped there, slightly angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,962 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Imagine actually believing this is commonplace. Let me guess, you're one of these people who blindly believes they get a single potato and some sauce for dinner because an anonymous Twitter photo claimed they did.

These people are treated like royalty. If they don't like it they should have went to a country that treats them even more royally like Sweden or Germany.

Royalty indeed

https://twitter.com/GrainneClose/status/1342822865276727297?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement