Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

Soup and a sandwich. What is wrong here?

Deshawn wrote: »

Nothing, but you have to nit pick for faux outrage sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Our ancestors got a better meal in Castle Clinton 170 years ago.

Actually, some of our ancestors would have gotten a better meal in Van Diemen's Land 170 years ago.

The Nal wrote: »

Actually, some of our ancestors would have gotten a better meal in Van Diemen's Land 170 years ago.

I had soup and a sandwich for my lunch today. I have it most days especially in winter

What did you have? Wild guinea fowl or perhaps duck à l'òrange?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Blatantly misrepresenting the reality there.

For a change

• Advertisement

Jaysus some people really are stuck up snobs. Imagine being outraged that folk were given soup & a sandwich.

Do you even realise the numbers of people who would actually kill someone to eat that?

Really shows how privileged someone is that they’d turn their nose up at it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I had soup and a sandwich for my lunch today. I have it most days especially in winter

Did you have more than a single slice of tomato in your sandwich? What size was your soup serving?

Did you have more than a single slice of tomato in your sandwich? What size was your soup serving?

I just had buttered bread for dipping.
    Twas about a mug size of soup.

For all you know that person may be a Muslim and didn't want the on offer ham or may have been a vegan and didn't want the on offer cheese or maybe a vegetarian and didn't want any of the on offer meat.

If it's bothering you that much why not make up some meals and drop it into them. The outrage about nothing is beyond ridiculous at this stage. Go and do something about it instead of whining on line.

Il donate a smoked Atlantic salmon if that's acceptable. If not il try locate some wild pheasant.

Bore off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

You didn't have a cup-a-soup and a sandwich for your Christmas Day lunch, though, did you.

You didn't have a cup-a-soup and a sandwich for your Christmas Day lunch, though, did you.

I'm not waiting for an asylum application decision either.

• Advertisement

I'm not waiting for an asylum application decision either.

Good for you. Doesn't change the fact that people who can't cook for themselves (whether in DP, hospitals, nursing homes, prisons, barracks, etc.) deserve a decent meal - especially when companies are contracted and paid to provide them with one.

Good for you. Doesn't change the fact that people who can't cook for themselves (whether in DP, hospitals, nursing homes, prisons, barracks, etc.) deserve a decent meal - especially when companies are contracted and paid to provide them with one.

Soup and sandwiches is a decent lunch. People eat it every day. Myself included.

Remember bringing sandwiches to school when I was young. I didn't die of malnutrition.

Not to worry as they will all be receiving their own apartments with subsidised food vouchers in the new year.

Presumably you chose to have that for lunch, and if you wanted something after, you could make it yourself, in your kitchen?

Presume you also decided what to have for breakfast and dinner, and could make whatever you wanted yourself?

Soup and sandwiches is a decent lunch. People eat it every day. Myself included.

Remember bringing sandwiches to school when I was young. I didn't die of malnutrition.

Not to worry as they will all be receiving their own apartments with subsidised food vouchers in the new year.

Grand. Hopefully it doesn't stick in your craw that your taxes will be paying for whatever systems replaces DP, but given your evident empathy-ectomy, I fear the worst. Happy Christmas!

Grand. Hopefully it doesn't stick in your craw that your taxes will be paying for whatever systems replaces DP, but given your evident empathy-ectomy, I fear the worst. Happy Christmas!

Not at all. The tax payers money is there as is the housing.
    In fact I hope own door accommodation and full welfare rights actually become a draw and tens of thousands begin to arrive here.
    We can help everyone.

Many happy returns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭dasdog

Every single asylum seeker will be receiving apartments with subsidised food vouchers in the New Year. Okay, report back in a couple of weeks with details.

Not at all. The tax payers money is there as is the housing.
    In fact I hope own door accommodation and full welfare rights actually become a draw and tens of thousands begin to arrive here.
    We can help everyone.

Many happy returns

The former asylum seekers now working in our hospitals already have helped loads, you'll be delighted to hear!

The former asylum seekers now working in our hospitals already have helped loads, you'll be delighted to hear!

That's the spirit

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Since when does she believe in masks? I was saying months ago I bet all these Anti's talking heads have their cupboards full up with masks and sanitizer!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

The thing I still can’t understand, well the main thing, is the defence of your man Aaron Brady. Why were they outside court abusing the media and the victims family? I’ve never really gotten that to be honest.

I can understand, not condone, the rest of the sh*t as it’s all standard loon-ball playbook stuff.

Anti vax, anti Semitic, George Soros is backing everything, anti immigrant- it’s all the same crap by every similar group in every western country.

However I just can’t grasp the Brady stuff

That wonderful Garda that died. Only him and another garda at that credit union.
    Seemingly previously there were mootings that he might declare about some problems or irregularities in the Garda force? And this may be why Gem is looking into the full background of this case.

In this country being a Garda and being Irish, may be at odds. The first is based on law and stricture and the second on warmth, help, and forebearance. But politicians, whatever you allow them, like to be top of the heap and tend to turn on any help.

That poor Garda who died, the case may be more complex than 'just' one person who went to jail. Were there more? Maybe Gem + co. were not 'abusing', but maybe more it was their' drawing the public's attention to the complexities of this case.

• Advertisement

I just had buttered bread for dipping.
    Twas about a mug size of soup.

For all you know that person may be a Muslim and didn't want the on offer ham or may have been a vegan and didn't want the on offer cheese or maybe a vegetarian and didn't want any of the on offer meat.

If it's bothering you that much why not make up some meals and drop it into them. The outrage about nothing is beyond ridiculous at this stage. Go and do something about it instead of whining on line.

Il donate a smoked Atlantic salmon if that's acceptable. If not il try locate some wild pheasant.

Bore off

I thought you said you had a sandwich? Your story seems to be evolving.

Here's a mad idea - if you're contracted to provide meals for an audience that includes Muslims and vegetarians, you should design your menus accordingly and not leave people with a single slice of tomato.

That wonderful Garda that died. Only him and another garda at that credit union.
    Seemingly previously there were mootings that he might declare about some problems or irregularities in the Garda force? And this may be why Gem is looking into the full background of this case.

In this country being a Garda and being Irish, may be at odds. The first is based on law and stricture and the second on warmth, help, and forebearance. But politicians, whatever you allow them, like to be top of the heap and tend to turn on any help.

That poor Garda who died, the case may be more complex than 'just' one person who went to jail. Were there more? Maybe Gem + co. were not 'abusing', but maybe more it was their' drawing the public's attention to the complexities of this case.

4e 6f 70 65

• Registered Users Posts: 32,775 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Theres a lot of question marks and seemingly baseless rumours in that.

If they were attempting to "draw attention to the complexities of this case"? As you put it...
    they did a poor job by just shouting that Aaron Brady who was convicted of murder is innocent....it was scumbag behaviour imo but I would expect no less given the people involved

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Friday Prayers at my local Mosques
    That alone should ring an alarm bell.
    You referring to the Croke Park Eid? The Cleric Sheykh (sp?) Al Qadri who is the medias Muslim go-to, reached out to the GAA as their national stadium was suffidiently large to hold such a gathering albeit of a miniscule amount of people, 200; it was or had nothing to do with Govt. as such;
    If that's why you think they chose Croke Park then okay...
    No. They didnt.It was an outdoors event

Yes they did. It was above the allowed numbers. I remember Al Qadri writing to the Minister for dispensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,883 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There were no such mootings at all.
    That’s just rubbish invented to try to colour scumbag behaviour.

I thought you said you had a sandwich? Your story seems to be evolving.

Here's a mad idea - if you're contracted to provide meals for an audience that includes Muslims and vegetarians, you should design your menus accordingly and not leave people with a single slice of tomato.

A single slice of tomato for dinner.
    Evolving stories indeed

Our ancestors got a better meal in Castle Clinton 170 years ago. Actually, some of our ancestors would have gotten a better meal in Van Diemen's Land 170 years ago.

The gullibility is strong in this one.

You really think that's all they were allowed? How can you lads be so easily taken in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

That alone should ring an alarm bell.

If that's why you think they chose Croke Park then okay...

Yes they did. It was above the allowed numbers. I remember Al Qadri writing to the Minister for dispensation.

Your head'd probably explode if I told you the Croke Pk. Eid Festivities were celebrated elsewhere too; my local Youth Centre (Outside of it obviously!), Synge St./Templeogue GAA Grounds and other GAA Grounds natioanlly incl. Dublin too.

You make out like Muslims can't even go into Croke Pk.; sure what would they know about GAA; same approach is taken to British Forces/PSNI having a team or players individually involved with clubs.....

Your head'd probably explode if I told you the Croke Pk. Eid Festivities were celebrated elsewhere too; my local Youth Centre (Outside of it obviously!), Synge St./Templeogue GAA Grounds and other GAA Grounds natioanlly incl. Dublin too.

You make out like Muslims can't even go into Croke Pk.; sure what would they know about GAA; same approach is taken to British Forces/PSNI having a team or players individually involved with clubs.....

I don't know how you got that from what I said. Of course Muslims and anyone can go to Croke Park...to watch Gaelic games. They're the only group though that go there to put on a demonstration on the pitch that has nothing to do with GAA.

Btw you're happy with the way this is going, that we now have Muslims celebrating Eid all over GAA grounds? How exactly is this a positive development for the Country?

The normal prayers can be, and are, conducted anywhere - you certainly don't need to go to a mosque to pray. I've had colleagues in the past (pre-Covid) who'd use a meeting room if one was free.
    This is what so-called progressives think is progressive...

Well there is only one system to replace it and that's housing them ahead of Irish people. I think we can safely say you've not been stuck on a housing list for 7 years.

• Advertisement

The gullibility is strong in this one.

You really think that's all they were allowed? How can you lads be so easily taken in?

Why don't you elaborate on what they were allowed so?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement