Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Why don't you investigate instead of believing one picture someone took?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Why don't you investigate instead of believing one picture someone took?

So you don't know that they were allowed anything more then. That's what I thought.

Deshawn wrote: »
    A single slice of tomato for dinner.
    Evolving stories indeed

Did you miss that point first time round? Because you actually quoted it at one stage.

So no evolution from me - just your changing lunch menu stories.

So you don't know that they were allowed anything more then. That's what I thought.

If you think that's all they were allowed then as the old saying goes, I've got a bridge to sell you.

I don't know how you got that from what I said. Of course Muslims and anyone can go to Croke Park...to watch Gaelic games. They're the only group though that go there to put on a demonstration on the pitch that has nothing to do with GAA.

Btw you're happy with the way this is going, that we now have Muslims celebrating Eid all over GAA grounds? How exactly is this a positive development for the Country?

This is what so-called progressives think is progressive...

Well there is only one system to replace it and that's housing them ahead of Irish people. I think we can safely say you've not been stuck on a housing list for 7 years.

We also have, American football, compromised rules and concerts in croke park, also rugby while Lansdowne was being redeveloped beingas well as the pope for the
    Festival of Families in 2018.

As for people praying in offices, we've Jewish and Muslims who do so in the last place I worked as well as some Baptists. Don't believe in any of it myself, but don't get my knickers in a twist about it either.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    We also have, American football, compromised rules and concerts in croke park, also rugby while Lansdowne was being redeveloped beingas well as the pope for the
    Festival of Families in 2018.
    Ah now come on!
    As for people praying in offices, we've Jewish and Muslims who do so in the last place I worked as well as some Baptists. Don't believe in any of it myself, but don't get my knickers in a twist about it either.

No knicker twisting but isn't it a bizarre desire of the so called progressive left that they like to see the growth of Islam, of all things, in Ireland?

If you think that's all they were allowed then as the old saying goes, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Strange though how you have no actual information yourself on what they were allowed.

Would you care to take a guess on what extra they were allowed?

Well here's a wild one. How about a refill of soup and another sandwich when they're finished?

Well here's a wild one. How about a refill of soup and another sandwich when they're finished?

Oh my - you mean they'll get a total of two slices of tomato?

They'll eat like kings tonight for sure.

Ah now come on!

No knicker twisting but isn't it a bizarre desire of the so called progressive left that they like to see the growth of Islam, of all things, in Ireland?

Whats to come on about nothing incorrect about anything that I posted, and yet they are nothing to do with galic games, so assume that your not happy about the non Gaelic games and concerts taking place in croke park.

As for religion, most of the np shills on here have a lot in common with radical Muslims, ye just want the Catholic version and have an issue with skin colour. In short ame type of c*nt just a different way to pray.

Don't know about the progressive left as wouldn't be one of them or know anyone who is. Bit silly to assume that just because someone doesn't judge a person solely on their religion, sexual orientation or skin colour that they are, it just means they are not a c*nt.

As for religious people, personally for work purposes they can be very handy, as a lot of them are as gullible as most conspiracy theory believers and as such are very easy to hack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

I don't know how you got that from what I said. Of course Muslims and anyone can go to Croke Park...to watch Gaelic games. They're the only group though that go there to put on a demonstration on the pitch that has nothing to do with GAA.

Remind me how the World Meeting of Families was related to GAA?

If it was, who was Pope Francis marking?

Whats to come on about nothing incorrect about anything that I posted, and yet they are nothing to do with galic games, so assume that your not happy about the non Gaelic games and concerts taking place in croke park.
    A little bit different than an Eid celebration don't you think?
    As for religion, most of the np shills on here have a lot in common with radical Muslims, ye just want the Catholic version and have an issue with skin colour. In short ame type of c*nt just a different way to pray.
    I'm an NP shill?!

I'm not religious, same as you.
    Don't know about the progressive left as wouldn't be one of them or know anyone who is. Bit silly to assume that just because someone doesn't judge a person solely on their religion, sexual orientation or skin colour that they are, it just means they are not a c*nt.
    You assumed I was an NP shill and a Catholic :rolleyes:
    As for religious people, personally for work purposes they can be very handy, as a lot of them are as gullible as most conspiracy theory believers and as such are very easy to hack.

Great argument as to the benefits of the rise of Islam in Ireland.

We're surely onto a winner :)

A little bit different than an Eid celebration don't you think?

I'm an NP shill?!

I'm not religious, same as you.

You assumed I was an NP shill and a Catholic :rolleyes:

Great argument as to the benefits of the rise of Islam in Ireland.

We're surely onto a winner :)

Never assumed anything.

As for religion, most of the np shills on here have a lot in common with radical Muslims, ye just want the Catholic version.

Anyway no harm. Time for the leaba.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭dasdog

Many of the last few posts are Trumpism which is a dying breed. They do however speak their own warped truth. Remedial is some respects.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Btw you're happy with the way this is going, that we now have Muslims celebrating Eid all over GAA grounds? How exactly is this a positive development for the Country?

It’s better than the pope celebrating a mass in the Phoenix park, and we all know how the Catholic Church treated people in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

There was a bit of upset here when I made the outrageous claim that Gemma supporters and the hard left are essentially two cheeks of the same arse. Two sets of largely unemployable, bitter, and mostly deeply, deeply unhappy people. Indeed there is a large cross over between people who would once have voted for PBP etc in the water charges days who joined the Gembots when they read about Murphy et al's attitudes to immigration.

On a meme group on Facebook of which I'm a member a user shared a FB post from an Irish left head the ball on Christmas (he leads a rather wacky group of nerds called the Connolly Youth Movement and frequently uses his FB to threaten assassinations and executions of establishment figures all the way down to civil servants)
    Santa is a class enemy who raises the expectation of children by temporarily enriching them. This focuses on philanthropy instead of solidarity, this focuses on charity instead of the redistribution of wealth. A false prophet dressed in the colours of his sponsor, Coca Cola.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I saw another post by this lad where he ordered his acolytes to use Tinder solely for spreading Marxist propaganda.

It is frankly hilarious that the left here take a moral high ground, or that they believe that their mob are any more a part of mainstream Irish society than the Anti Corruption Ireland crowd. Ranting about aspects of popular culture, threatening to execute members of the establishment and seize their homes, claiming that their movement is popular enough to see through a violent people's rebellion......it all reminds me of somebody else.

About the only distinction between the two is that a far larger amount of the hard left side have 3rd level qualifications.

Completely useless 3rd level qualifications that nobody respects, but 3rd level nonetheless :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I had soup and a sandwich for my lunch today. I have it most days especially in winter

What did you have? Wild guinea fowl or perhaps duck à l'òrange?

I had turkey and ham like I do every Christmas Day. Its nearly 2021. We should be better. Half bowl of soup and a slice of tomato on bread is unacceptable.

Not to worry as they will all be receiving their own apartments with subsidised food vouchers in the new year.

They'll be behind all of these patriots in the queue though for welfare. Your money. My money. Our money. These people have taken countless millions from the state.

0_JS210846020.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

The Nal wrote: »
    I had turkey and ham like I do every Christmas Day. Its nearly 2021. We should be better. Half bowl of soup and a slice of tomato on bread is unacceptable.

They'll be behind all of these patriots in the queue though for welfare. Your money. My money. Our money. These people have taken countless millions from the state.

0_JS210846020.jpg

Come one come all I say.
    Aren't we a rich country? All metrics say we are.
    A statue of Minister O'Gorman will be commissioned once he finally puts an end to dp and starts handing over the own door accommodation with full welfare rights as promised.

As a kicker let's overturn the 27th amendment to really sweeten the deal

Roll up roll up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

a- You seem to for some reason believe a Twitter post, by some randomer who by her name does not live in a DP centre and by her attitude probably doesn't work in one either (probably doesn't work anywhere TBH but anyway)

b- Let's assume it is real. Are you aware that in the Anglosphere there are different meals per day?

Brekkie in the morning. Lunch perhaps around 1pm if the cooked dinner isn't due til 5 or 6.

Grainne seems to be suggesting that the residents were given a small sandwich and a soup for their Christmas dinner.

Do you have proof that this is the case, or that this wasn't merely to tide them over between brekkie and dinner, or that Grainne even has a mole inside the DP centre?

You remind me of the type of person who believes the Pakistani security guard in work who tells him he is only in the job because racist Ireland refuses to recognise his heart surgery qualifications. :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

It’s better than the pope celebrating a mass in the Phoenix park, and we all know how the Catholic Church treated people in Ireland.

“We know how the catholic church treated people in the past” is your justification for allowing the promotion and celebration of a religion in which :

Their main prophet married a 9 year old
    People who drew cartoons of that prophet were massacred in france.
    Women are treated with as much agency and autonomy as a lamp
    Lgbt teachings in uk schools are firmly protested
    Gay people are thrown off buildings in some countries
    Childrens concerts are bombed in the name of islam.

This “but the catholic church” is the most bad faith argument in favour of islam that could possibly be conceived.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭slipperyox

“We know how the catholic church treated people in the past” is your justification for allowing the promotion and celebration of a religion in which :

This “but the catholic church” is the most bad faith argument in favour of islam that could possibly be conceived.

Didn't the radical left in Trinity, recently stop this discussion (deplatform) Richard Dawkins?

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

a- You seem to for some reason believe a Twitter post, by some randomer who by her name does not live in a DP centre and by her attitude probably doesn't work in one either (probably doesn't work anywhere TBH but anyway)

b- Let's assume it is real. Are you aware that in the Anglosphere there are different meals per day?

Brekkie in the morning. Lunch perhaps around 1pm if the cooked dinner isn't due til 5 or 6.

Grainne seems to be suggesting that the residents were given a small sandwich and a soup for their Christmas dinner.

Do you have proof that this is the case, or that this wasn't merely to tide them over between brekkie and dinner, or that Grainne even has a mole inside the DP centre?

You remind me of the type of person who believes the Pakistani security guard in work who tells him he is only in the job because racist Ireland refuses to recognise his heart surgery qualifications. :pac::pac::pac:

The thing is the issues of conditions in direct provision are well established, you simply ignore them. You've been offered plenty of accounts and investigations into the conditions of direct provision.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

The thing is the issues of conditions in direct provision are well established, you simply ignore them. You've been offered plenty of accounts and investigations into the conditions of direct provision.

Yep. These kinds of posters simply can't be objective. They have an agenda and will push it to the nth degree until they slip up and get banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

FFS. If they won't give some bread and a glass of milk to the mother of a sick child, they're certainly not giving you seconds for your Christmas Day lunch of a tomato sandwich and a cup-a-soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There was a bit of upset here when I made the outrageous claim that Gemma supporters and the hard left are essentially two cheeks of the same arse. Two sets of largely unemployable, bitter, and mostly deeply, deeply unhappy people. Indeed there is a large cross over between people who would once have voted for PBP etc in the water charges days who joined the Gembots when they read about Murphy et al's attitudes to immigration.

On a meme group on Facebook of which I'm a member a user shared a FB post from an Irish left head the ball on Christmas (he leads a rather wacky group of nerds called the Connolly Youth Movement and frequently uses his FB to threaten assassinations and executions of establishment figures all the way down to civil servants)

I saw another post by this lad where he ordered his acolytes to use Tinder solely for spreading Marxist propaganda.

It is frankly hilarious that the left here take a moral high ground, or that they believe that their mob are any more a part of mainstream Irish society than the Anti Corruption Ireland crowd. Ranting about aspects of popular culture, threatening to execute members of the establishment and seize their homes, claiming that their movement is popular enough to see through a violent people's rebellion......it all reminds me of somebody else.

About the only distinction between the two is that a far larger amount of the hard left side have 3rd level qualifications.

Completely useless 3rd level qualifications that nobody respects, but 3rd level nonetheless :pac:

does he go around harassing members of the public and the gardai and broadcasting it on the web?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

FFS. If they won't give some bread and a glass of milk to the mother of a sick child, they're certainly not giving you seconds for your Christmas Day lunch of a tomato sandwich and a cup-a-soup.

Cup of soup.
    Cup-a-soup.

Different

The mother of Jesus was a child when she decided yeah, becoming pregnant by an invisible spirit was grand. Was it Lot who let his children be raped rather than show poor hospitality to guests who were, apparently, angels? Mad, disgraceful stuff altogether in most of those "holy" books.

People working in hospitals and clinics have been shot at and bombed by Christians - hell, patients in hospitals have been shot by Christians - on this island! Kids playing football on a beach have been bombed by Jews.

Remind me, who ran the Magdalene Laundries - where you could be imprisoned and made work for no pay (I believe there's a word for that?) because you were "in danger of becoming a fallen woman", or were "too pretty."

I believe you call that free speech. Don't agree with it (protesting teaching children in an age-appropriate fashion about human sexuality) myself, but there you go. In Ireland, the same thing is protested by the (Christian) religious right, so...

And some of our asylum seekers are here because they're LGBT and are persecuted - by Christians - in their own countries.Happened in Ireland, too. Still does.

"You ain't no Muslim, bruv." Like, seriously? All Muslims are deranged fanatics, because a tiny, tiny minority are? Are all Christians dangerous fanatics too, because the Westboro Church exists, or because a member of the Army of God bombed an Olympic stadium?!

And if we're talking children, well, there's 796 of them buried in a septic tank in tune, that we'll be reading about shortly.

Yeah, but nobody is actually making that argument, though. That's just in your head.

As far as I'm concerned, worship whatever sky-fairy you want, I don't care, as long as it doesn't impact on me or mine. If that means the Christian World Meeting of Families or an Eid celebration in Croke Park, grand, let them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Just looked up the CYM, they don't even veil it with 'socialism' theyre full blown communists and Facebook is full of posts alleging every soviet failure is a CIA conspiracy.

These people are actually just as, if not more nuts than Gemma etc..

• Advertisement

Just looked up the CYM, they don't even veil it with 'socialism' theyre full blown communists and Facebook is full of posts alleging every soviet failure is a CIA conspiracy.

These people are actually just as, if not more nuts than Gemma etc..

All four or five of them can have a meeting in a phonebox, and spout extreme left wing ****e, but no, no they're not anywhere near as nuts as Gemma and Dee. They don't (to my knowledge) spread bull**** about 5G, chemtrails, vaccines, "Covid is a conspiracy to get us all to just obey the government."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement