Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

If she wasn't implying it was their dinner what was the problem with it being a lunch option?

I do wonder what they are afraid of. As much as some of you think otherwise a DP centre is not akin to a magdalene laundry in 1952.

I have not to date seen verifiable evidence of long standing abuse or mistreatment of DP residents. Like any organ of the state there may be a failure of service for a short period, but inferences that residents regularly face days, weeks, months of substandard food and accommodation are as of yet unsubstantiated no matter how much you wish it were not the case.
    According to Who ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Don't know what's more pathetic, the people in the video or that accounts obsession with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Don't know what's more pathetic, the people in the video or that accounts obsession with them.

Indeed. Like, it is gas to get the Best of Gemma highlights, but WTF are you doing with your life if you watch every single broadcast so you can splice this stuff together in the blooper reel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

jelem wrote: »
    According to Who ?.

There has never been any evidence provided of long standing failures of basic care throughout the DP system. At best there have been temporary instinces of supply issues and things that could have been done better.

No matter how much weirdos cry about it on Twitter that fact doesn't change.

Well no she didn't actually.

She put out a photo showing the alarming shrinkage of Irish children in many Irish schools. And the Lidl Ad was a farce from start to finish. The notion that bloody Gemma drove that couple out of Ireland is as ridiculous as the DP center giving a half cup of soup and a piece of bread for Christmas dinner.

Ya posting up photos of children to make a comment on race is scummy and it says a lot about you that you think it's okay...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Deshawn wrote: »
    Post of the thread. Bualadh bos

Definitely post of the thread from Bualadh Bos.

I recall another gem of an article from Rosaleen Dee in the Sindo.

She described how her and her daughter went into the City and saw a homeless lad, bought him a sandwich and asked his story. He was from St Petersburg and had ended up here for some reason even though he had his own house back there (dodgy already). She then exclaimed how disgusting it was that little Ireland wasn't housing homeless Russians, reminded the reader how virtuous her and her daughter were in buying him a sandwich and then retreated back to the leafy surrounds of Foxrock satisfied with their humanitarian deed for the year.

I'd love for some of these deranged muppets to be dropped into a one bed flat in Mulhuddart for 6 months with a pittance to live on and scant social services to be shared with thousands. A hefty dose of reality is what they need.

There has never been any evidence provided of long standing failures of basic care throughout the DP system. At best there have been temporary instinces of supply issues and things that could have been done better.

No matter how much weirdos cry about it on Twitter that fact doesn't change.
    ah FACT -- yes like dont see garda arresting and charging government ministers for breaking eu legislation and law
    along with acting in seditious manner to irish State legislation and law, FACT and you like garda do not want the evidence
    to support as it will "crash" you

Ya posting up photos of children to make a comment on race is scummy and it says a lot about you that you think it's okay...
    Politicians use the same act to highlight what they are promoting -

jelem wrote: »
    YOU are what some call british as "little englanders".amazing how people not realise when joining common "callings" they are of the same ilk

What was wrong with anything Stephen said?
    Indeed. Like, it is gas to get the Best of Gemma highlights, but WTF are you doing with your life if you watch every single broadcast so you can splice this stuff together in the blooper reel.

Gemma's living rent free in their heads.

Could you expand on that Sir?

So because the RCC was bad your solution is to import another religion/way of life that is even worse???

That is either very selfish or extremely short sighted.

Islam might not be impinging on you now but it will eventually if it keeps growing. Or it could be the case that you live in an area that will never be affected by this type of immigration.

I don't know how these kinds of posts keep garnering so many "likes". Joey made a false statement about the Muslims not getting dispensation for Eid and it got a whole host of "likes". But when corrected, that post didn't get any and Joey never acknowledged his error.

There's an alarming amount of ignorance about Islam and its impact in the west on this Board. Especially so considering the same people rightly criticise the role of the RCC in the past but for some reason are blind to the threat of another more regressive cult emerging in this Country.

What is it with you and Muslims? Sure so what if they used Croke Park for Eid, it wasn’t being used at the time for literally anything and it’s a huge, open space where the Muslims can celebrate safely.

Are you one of those who thinks Muslim = terrorist or something? I mean religion is religion (and in general it’s all a bit mad to me) and as far as I’m concerned you can worship a street lamp if it makes your life more enriched.

Like I can’t see what the purpose of your argument is, should we have a new law for immigrants that says you can only be catholic or you’re not allowed in the country?

Jesus save me.

• Advertisement

Beau Rich Luck I've seen the encroaching and negative influence Islam has had in other western nations and I can't see it being any different in Ireland. Its important to differentiate between the ideology/culture and individual people though. People should be respected as people.

Sometimes a picture says a thousand words Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,421 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Beau Rich Luck I've seen the encroaching and negative influence Islam has had in other western nations and I can't see it being any different in Ireland. Its important to differentiate between the ideology/culture and individual people though. People should be respected as people.

Sometimes a picture says a thousand words Mike.

would those thousands words include stuff like "black people are not really irish"? because those are the words that gemma and her hate-filled followers seen in that picture. you dont seem to have a problem with that. In fact I'd say you quite agree with that sentiment.

Oh have you yeah? Such as?

would those thousands words include stuff like "black people are not really irish"? because those are the words that gemma and her hate-filled followers seen in that picture. you dont seem to have a problem with that. In fact I'd say you quite agree with that sentiment.
    No but its a numbers game isn't it?

If an African Country said we've no problem taking in European settlers but then when they seen some of their schools with more European children than Africans wouldn't they have the right to say okay I think that's enough now.

Would those Africans be racist?
    Oh have you yeah? Such as?

Seriously?

No but its a numbers game isn't it?

If an African Country said we've no problem taking in European settlers but then when they seen some of their schools with more European children than Africans wouldn't they have the right to say okay I think that's enough now.

Would those Africans be racist?

at least you are being honest about it. that is something i suppose.

Do you think its an unreasonable position to take Sir?

Seriously?

I’m as serious as a heart attack.

Do you think its an unreasonable position to take Sir?

Its a racist position so yes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I had a scroll earlier and while I couldn't find a Pol Pot endorsement, I really wouldn't be surprised.
    I had a scroll through your posts earlier, and while I couldn't find a Hitler endorsement, I wouldn't be surprised.

If she wasn't implying it was their dinner what was the problem with it being a lunch option?
    There is no 'If' as you well know, though you seem determined to try to build some kind of strawman point out of a non-existent scenario. She never said it was their Xmas dinner.

The problem with it being a 'lunch option' is that it is not an 'option'. They don't get a menu with options. They get lunch, or in this case, they get some kind of bread with a slice of tomato on it.

You were the one that claimed they were 'treated like royalty' there. Could you see that lunch being presented to any royalty?
    I do wonder what they are afraid of. As much as some of you think otherwise a DP centre is not akin to a magdalene laundry in 1952.

I have not to date seen verifiable evidence of long standing abuse or mistreatment of DP residents. Like any organ of the state there may be a failure of service for a short period, but inferences that residents regularly face days, weeks, months of substandard food and accommodation are as of yet unsubstantiated no matter how much you wish it were not the case.

The whole setup is wrong. Having adults sharing rooms with other adults not of their choosing is wrong. Being fed with the cheapest of low-budget canteen food, worse than you'd get in a prison is wrong, when there is no option for families to cook their own food of their own choosing. Having kids living their whole lives in a hotel bedroom is wrong.

That's even before you look at restrictive rules treating people like children in a borstal, or examples like the 'slice of tomato' Xmas lunch is wrong.

I’m as serious as a heart attack.

:eek:

• Advertisement

Wasn't it a photo with the all Ireland winning Dublin team?

Hardly telescopic lenses in the bushes type stuff.

I originally thought the team had gone overseas working with goal. It was a bit of a shock tbh.

She took it off the school's website I assume but this doesn't negate the fact that she used it on her Twitter to promote a racist agenda. It is scummy and pretty vile behaviour.

She took it off the school's website.

She took it from a Mullingar newspaper.
    Its a racist position so yes

So the Africans in my scenario would be racists?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

So because the RCC was bad your solution is to import another religion/way of life that is even worse???

Is there that many Muslims in the country that they could be worse than the RCC???

Tbh, I’d prefer not to have any religion, but a few Muslims doesn’t worry me. I wouldn’t be racist or anything.

So the Africans in my scenario would be racists?

we are not talking hypotheticals. we are talking about a racist like gemma and somebody like you who supports her doing what she does.

That's fair Tao. But their numbers are increasing at an alarming rate. Small numbers and you'll get some integration and probably few problems. Large numbers and the problems will arise.

Everything is a numbers game at the end of the day, crude as it may sound.

She took it from a Mullingar newspaper.

And still not making it remotely better...

we are not talking hypotheticals. we are talking about a racist like gemma and somebody like you who supports her doing what she does.

I gave you honest answers and you acknowledged that. The least you could do is return the courtesy.

Would those Africans be racists?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

She took it off the school's website I assume but this doesn't negate the fact that she used it on her Twitter to promote a racist agenda. It is scummy and pretty vile behaviour.

If someone is trying make a point what better way to back it up than with a photo. A photo that is in the press..

What kind of alternative to direct provision to you envisage.
    An honest answer would be nice

I gave you honest answers and you acknowledged that. The least you could do is return the courtesy.

Would those Africans be racists?

i dont care about hypotheticals. I prefer to confront what people are actually doing in the country I live in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If someone is trying make a point what better way to back it up than with a photo. A photo that is in the press..
    A school website isn't 'in the press'. She took a photo off a school website and used it to promote her racist agenda.

Are you seriously defending this action?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement