Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Surprised to see Gemma taking this tack on this topic.
    The government and previous ones have dragged their heels and possibly even blocked any proper investigation into this.
    So many people and orginisatjons involved including gardai clergy and TDs

You’d think she’d be going for this angle

i thought it would have fitted in very well with her corruption angle. Though of course there really isn't anything new for her to say from this angle so she takes the opposite tack to generate clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

knipex wrote: »
    Well............... I would need to see a picture..

Take my word for it, I'm an ugly cvnt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

jackboy wrote: »
    Well if the story is true it is horrific and those nuns were appalling human beings with no empathy. That is why we need the full story, before we label them as such.

The full story is that they regarded the illegitmate children, and the women who produced them as sinful. Therefore they were never going to give them treatment equal to that of other members of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Odhinn wrote: »
    The full story is that they regarded the illegitmate children, and the women who produced them as sinful. Therefore they were never going to give them treatment equal to that of other members of society.

There was a guy I worked with who has now retired but his wife told him a story from her schooldays (he was English and she's Irish). In the wife's school the parish priest would call in regularly and when he did, he would go her class and call the same boy up to the top of the class for a thrashing. His crime? Being born illegitimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The remains of 800 babies were not dumped in a septic or sewage tank simple as that.

Please explain what you think happened in Tuam?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭jackboy

Odhinn wrote: »

Yes in general. However, it is important to find out exactly why these nuns buried those babies in that place and in that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Yes in general. However, it is important to find out exactly why these nuns buried those babies in that place and in that way.

Is there a justifiable reason for parents to not know where their children were buried?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The remains of 800 babies were not dumped in a septic or sewage tank simple as that.

They certainly were. Read the reports. The bodies were contained in a waste-water/sewage treatment tank. They were not in the second septic tank structure on the property.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

They were illegitimate. So they wouldn’t have been christened. And following that babies that aren’t christened can’t be buried in consecrated ground.
    And outside that you’ll find they wanted to stinge on the money.
    Why buy a little coffin for each one?

And wouldn’t someone notice the abnormally high amount of babies coffins they’d been ordering?

batgoat wrote: »
    Is there a justifiable reason for parents to not know where their children were buried?

No but there are some reports that where these babies were buried was marked with headstones which shows at least some small level of care. The full story is needed. It’s highly likely that there were poor practices in the home, as in most of the other homes. However, no lessons will be learned without the full facts. Nuns are evil is not enough.

• Advertisement

No but there are some reports that where these babies were buried was marked with headstones which shows at least some small level of care. The full story is needed. It’s highly likely that there were poor practices in the home, as in most of the other homes. However, no lessons will be learned without the full facts. Nuns are evil is not enough.

But its all a hoax anyway according to GO'D and the Gemmaroids.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

But its all a hoax anyway according to GO'D and the Gemmaroids.

Well Gemma and the priest were just speculating also. The only way to find out exactly what happened is to interview eye witnesses. As there is no Gardaí investigation they must not suspect any illegal activities. Therefore, eye witnesses are unlikely to talk. They probably would have talked by now if they intended to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Well Gemma and the priest were just speculating also. The only way to find out exactly what happened is to interview eye witnesses. As there is no Gardaí investigation they must not suspect any illegal activities. Therefore, eye witnesses are unlikely to talk. They probably would have talked by now if they intended to.

The vast majority of eye witnesses are more than likely dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You’d think she’d be going for this angle
    Nah, god forbid she loses a cushy number heading HalsShïteshart's Irish Abteilung.

You think it's legal to bury human remains in any old place? You think it's humane to bury bodies in unknown locations so family members will have no idea where the remains of their children are?

Fascinating that Gemma fans rant about Muslims on a regular basis and how they can't coexist in our culture. But then the very same people will attempt to defend/deny what occurred as a result of religious extremism in our own country...

batgoat wrote: »
    You think it's legal to bury human remains in any old place? You think it's humane to bury bodies in unknown locations so family members will have no idea where the remains of their children are?

What happened was clearly wrong. But as the guards are not investigating they must have no evidence of illegal activities. This is the problem, without Gardaí investigation people will not talk. Most are likely dead but there are probably a handful still alive.

What happened was clearly wrong. But as the guards are not investigating they must have no evidence of illegal activities. This is the problem, without Gardaí investigation people will not talk. Most are likely dead but there are probably a handful still alive.

You've concluded nothing illegal happened, the length of time since any offenses were committed. Any right to convict etc has likely expired. Here's our burial laws btw. Even our legislation in 1848 covered designation of burial grounds. So yes, it was illegal to bury people in random locations.

https://www.gov.ie/en/policy-information/c206d2-burial-regulations/?referrer=/burial-regulations

Well Gemma and the priest were just speculating also. The only way to find out exactly what happened is to interview eye witnesses. As there is no Gardanvestigation they must not suspect any illegal activities. Therefore, eye witnesses are unlikely to talk. They probably would have talked by now if they intended to.
    So on the one hand you say people are speculating. On the other hand you speculate. Hmmmmm.

Terry Pratchet

So on the one hand you say people are speculating. On the other hand you speculate. Hmmmmm.

Didn’t say there was any issue with speculating just that there are many gaps in the story. I think it would be useful to find out exactly what happened.

Didn’t say there was any issue with speculating just that there are many gaps in the story. I think it would be useful to find out exactly what happened.

It was covered up by clergy and many gardai and TDs involved.

We won’t ever find out what happened most likely.

*which is why it’s weird Gemma isn’t taking her usual conspiracy angle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

It was covered up by clergy and many gardai and TDs involved.

We won’t ever find out what happened most likely.

*which is why it’s weird Gemma isn’t taking her usual conspiracy angle

Perhaps she’s reacting badly to the recent heavy chemtrailing? South County Dublin has been particularly effected. Or have the transgender staff in Shankill Lidl got to her? 🤔

alastair wrote: »
    Perhaps she’s reacting badly to the recent heavy chemtrailing? South County Dublin has been particularly effected. Or have the transgender staff in Shankill Lidl got to her? 🀔

I’d say the fluoride in the water.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

He went from ‘never happened! hoax’ to ‘sewer not a septic tank!’
    Quite quickly
    Almost as if he's just posting something, anything contrarian he can think of in a desperate cry for attention from anyone that will listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Looks like the Air Corps are in on the chemtrails thing aswell. Maybe Gemma's right after all.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/former-air-corps-mechanic-alleges-exposure-to-dangerous-chemicals-38317726.html

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Looks like the Air Corps are in on the chemtrails thing aswell. Maybe Gemma's right after all.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/former-air-corps-mechanic-alleges-exposure-to-dangerous-chemicals-38317726.html

i'm going to assume you are taking the piss posting that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

i'm going to assume you are taking the piss posting that.

Lordy, but it gets hard to know these days.

Lordy, but it gets hard to know these days.

Indeed. she is really quite diffilcult to parody.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Deplatforming is never good news. Not only does it fundamentally go against the spirit of democratic freedom, it'll also give her and her conspiracy minded followers a huge amount of fuel for their conspiracy mindedness.

The internet is being totally ruined by the editorialisation of communication platforms. Sure, they have the right to do it, but they're still scumbags for choosing to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Irish times article was up mere minutes after Gemmas channel was deleted...hmmmmm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement