Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Penn wrote: »
    How is what you've said different?

She used an image of African children (children of African heritage who have black skin, and are therefore black children) to highlight (using their skin colour) the demographic changes occurring in this country (by using the skin colour of black children and saying the demographic changes are a bad thing, therefore scare-mongering).

"She hit someone in the head with a brick"
    "No, she just used the brick to highlight that being hit in the head with a brick would cause an injury to the person's head. Totally different scenario".

Harvey is denying
    A She was racist
    B She targeted the children
    C The children were highlighted because they were black

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

She must be costing Google a small fortune 5-6 security standing at the entrances. That is assuming it's related to her but they have only been there over the last week or 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    She must be costing Google a small fortune 5-6 security standing at the entrances. That is assuming it's related to her but they have only been there over the last week or 10 days.

I think they can afford it :pac:

Most likely their normal number but maybe one or two additional staff due to the crazies.

A friend who still works in the security industry is head of a contacted team for a much smaller international company with offices in the city centre. They have a team of ten, excluding him, for 24x7 coverage. There isn't anyone in the place from six in the evening to eight in the morning apart from cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Most likely their normal number but maybe one or two additional staff due to the crazies.

A friend who still works in the security industry is head of a contacted team for a much smaller international company with offices in the city centre and they have a team of ten, excluding him, for 24x7 coverage. Even then the place is empty from six in the evening to eight in the morning apart from cleaners.

I walk by there everyday to work. They never had 4-5 staff standing outside the doors before and a cordon up t the main entrance. One or two might be inside before now I don't know.

• Advertisement

I walk by there everyday to work. They never had 4-5 staff standing outside the doors before and a cordon up t the main entrance. One or two might be inside before now I don't know.

Possible but tech companies tend to have more security staff onsite than your average company especially U.S. companies from personal experience of being both sides of the security desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hey now those are good paying jobs for the economy. Not unlike the security she has retained herself. Or the rent she is paying to live around the corner.

Have to wonder who's backing all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Possible but tech companies tend to have more security staff onsite than your average company especially U.S. companies from personal experience of being both sides of the security desk.

Have a direct acquaintance who works security for one of their server farms. They don't second guess the line item vs. a data breach or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

batgoat wrote: »
    No. She used an image of African children to highlight the demographic changes occurring in this country. A picture tells a thousand words.

The reason you are freaking out about it is because it can't be denied or explained away.

Literal white supremacists were sharing images of children in an Irish school as a result of her ****e. She's a racist arsehole and most tend to view her as such.

We dont agree on a lot but this was absolutely what was happening, publishing pictures of children to further her conspiracy theory loving racist agenda. Gemma is seriously mentally ill, her own family released statements during the election campaign saying they were concerned for her and its not the Gemma they used to know, I hope she gets the treatment she needs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

We dont agree on a lot but this was absolutely what was happening, publishing pictures of children to further her conspiracy theory loving racist agenda. Gemma is seriously mentally ill, her own family released statements during the election campaign saying they were concerned for her and its not the Gemma they used to know, I hope she gets the treatment she needs

I'm speculating here but it seems like somebody from the liberal side of things, possibly in her old workplace, really got under her skin. I would say once she expressed certain views on immigration or religious views she would have been ostracised in that environment. She seems to be driven by something more than ideology, like it's personal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Seanachai wrote: »
    I'm speculating here but it seems like somebody from the liberal side of things, possibly in her old workplace, really got under her skin. I would say once she expressed certain views on immigration or religious views she would have been in ostracised in that environment. She seems to be driven by something more than ideology, like it's personal.

That's a pretty inventive conclusion.

batgoat wrote: »
    That's a pretty inventive conclusion.

I've been around women on the warpath before and I recognise the signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm speculating here but it seems like somebody from the liberal side of things, possibly in her old workplace, really got under her skin. I would say once she expressed certain views on immigration or religious views she would have been ostracised in that environment. She seems to be driven by something more than ideology, like it's personal.

You think everything she's done over the last two years is just to spite one liberal person she used to work with?

I can oersonally guarantee that her former workplace was not some ‘liberal environment’ and I think this scenario is very unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Instances of pretty nasty and bat**** behavior from her stretch back ten years or so. Well before the husband died etc. She may have reframed her narrative into more racist and reactionary territory of late, but the vindictiveness and conspiracy-mongering is not new, just amplified.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

I've been around women on the warpath before and I recognise the signs.

'Women on the warpath'

What is that supposed to mean?

I can oersonally guarantee that her former workplace was not some ‘liberal environment’ and I think this scenario is very unlikely.

You're saying that the culture in there would not be mostly pro-EU, globalist, anti-Trump and generally for the recent social changes in Ireland? Besides a few of the contributors it seems to be pretty socially liberal to me.

Penn wrote: »
    You think everything she's done over the last two years is just to spite one liberal person she used to work with?

Not necessarily one person and not necessarily her only motivation, I'm playing devil's advocate here, but it seems like she's really p***ed off. If she got flak in work or on the small Dublin social scene among journalists for having certain views, it would be pretty nerve-wracking. I know a lot of you basically think she's Rachele Mussolini at this stage but she did good work in uncovering corruption and abuse.

'Women on the warpath'

What is that supposed to mean?

Oh jaysus, I've just triggered somebody. Generally when women are committed to a purpose they have been known to be especially intense and driven. But that's probably 'mansplaining'.

You're saying that the culture in there would not be mostly pro-EU, globalist, anti-Trump and generally for the recent social changes in Ireland? Besides a few of the contributors it seems to be pretty socially liberal to me.

There was a day i was in a news room and a story came on the television about a spate of thefts in rural galway overnight and an elderly man injured , they were looking for a transit van in connection , a journalist shouted ‘its always the bloody knack**s’ while editing a piece where john connocrs was asked for comment that came out rather sympathetic, papers have style guides dictated by editors, peoples actual views and whats alright to say in a newsroom are completely different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not necessarily one person and not necessarily her only motivation, I'm playing devil's advocate here, but it seems like she's really p***ed off. If she got flak in work or on the small Dublin social scene among journalists for having certain views, it would be pretty nerve-wracking. I know a lot of you basically think she's Rachele Mussolini at this stage but she did good work in uncovering corruption and abuse.

she was fired from the indo 5 years ago. the lunacy has only ramped up in the last year or two. your timeline doesn't work at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Oh jaysus, I've just triggered somebody. Generally when women are committed to a purpose they have been known to be especially intense and driven. But that's probably 'mansplaining'.

I bet you were delighted that you could use the terms 'triggered' and 'mansplaining.' :D

Made your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

alastair wrote: »
    How’s that then? Because of her firing? There’s more than one person who was subject to her craziness saying it was evident long before she was fired.

Somebody said she developed her current frame of mind while she worked for the Indo. her time in the indo was a long time ago. and her level of craziness has ramped up in the last year or two.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Somebody said she developed her current frame of mind while she worked for the Indo. her time in the indo was a long time ago. and her level of craziness has ramped up in the last year or two.
    I would have thought that it was more as a result of the Indo and their less than amicable separation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Her craziness goes back far further than 2 years just became more public in last 2 years..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Anytime I feel like a laugh I go on to Gemmas twitter page, she loves retweeting this loon who believes any mass killings in the world are false flags and the people killed are actually actors playing a role and hired by the government.

https://twitter.com/99freemind

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Some people are just wired badly. Shes scared of life. Scared of the world.

Shes on a religious buzz too, claiming God is telling her to do stuff.

She's claiming El Paso is a false flag

The Nal wrote: »
    Some people are just wired badly. Shes scared of life. Scared of the world.

Shes on a religious buzz too, claiming God is telling her to do stuff.

She's claiming El Paso is a false flag

She should do the evangelical t.v. tour in the U.S. she would make a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

She should do the evangelical t.v. tour in the U.S. she would make a fortune.

That's probably the long term plan.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

gandalf wrote: »
    That's probably the long term plan.....

Which will never happen. She basically spends her days on twitter and when shes not doing that shes hanging out with those losers outside Google. A time waster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement