Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

To those who support Gemma (even if not all of what she says) are you cool with the idea that she gets her directive from god? She said last week (or so) that god talks to her and tells her what to do. She apparently is a mere conduit for God's message.

I'm far from what people would consider a "leftie" but I think anyone hiding behind the coat tails of God to reinforce their message is a lier, a coward, a charlatan.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I don't think they're actually security staff. Wouldn't they have to display their licence number of they were? Looks like a bunch of summer interns who drew the short straw.

Am I right in thinking that her main residence is Ranelagh? And she's renting in Barrow St to avoid the exhausting commute from Ranelagh?

No. She lives somewhere else in South Dublin.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

humberklog wrote: »
    To those who support Gemma (even if not all of what she says) are you cool with the idea that she gets her directive from god? She said last week (or so) that god talks to her and tells her what to do. She apparently is a mere conduit for God's message.

I'm far from what people would consider a "leftie" but I think anyone hiding behind the coat tails of God to reinforce their message is a lier, a coward, a charlatan.

I don't really give a sh1t to be honest, is she is rediscovering her religion that's fine with me. The issue of religion is only really brought up as a negative when it suits. Back in the day Obama was quite forthright about his belief in God and the inspiration he drew from God. Because he was a Liberal nobody had a problem with it.
    And as had been said time and time again the very people who would castigate our own people due to religion are quite happy, indeed very enthusiastic about importing people with religious ideas that are regressive to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

And you're sitting there fapping of to a possibly mentally ill racist:rolleyes:

Carry on. You and klaaaz look great. Classy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

splinter65 wrote: »
    You’re drooling there klaaaz.
    Get yourself a little tissue to dab away the froth.G OD is the answer to the Lefts wet dream of a prayer. She’s everything you could wish for in your craving for a hate figure so you can have someone to pour your never ending fury onto.
    You’ve no problem ignoring the obvious signs of serious psychosis, her distress and mania, as long as she satisfies your desire to have someone to hate.
    You really should be ashamed.

Amen preacher, Gemma is from your flock a strong believer in the Catholic religion, will you be joining her at Barrow St in her crusade against Google?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Just had to explain to my dad who she was, and show him some of the posts on here.

When I said that she is supposed to have hundreds of followers, his reply was, she could have but it's a bit too sunny out to be leaving the house to protest with your tinfoil hat on.

To be fair she even admitted herself most of her online followers are American

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't really give a sh1t to be honest, is she is rediscovering her religion that's fine with me. The issue of religion is only really brought up as a negative when it suits. Back in the day Obama was quite forthright about his belief in God and the inspiration he drew from God. Because he was a Liberal nobody had a problem with it.
    And as had been said time and time again the very people who would castigate our own people due to religion are quite happy, indeed very enthusiastic about importing people with religious ideas that are regressive to say the least.

False equivalence there between Obama’s belief in and inspiration in God, and a loon who believes God speaks through her as a conduit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

klaaaz wrote: »
    Gemma is from your flock a strong believer in the Catholic religion
    Ah didn't know we were dealing with a zombie worshipper...

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Overheal wrote: »
    False equivalence there between Obama’s belief in and inspiration in God, and a loon who believes God speaks through her as a conduit.

Ah yes the old false equivalence routine. You will rationalise anything. How about Muslims and their relationship with Allah? Totally different yes? Thought so.
    What Gemma is great at doing is exposing your own hypocrisy, your lawyer like ability to twist reality to suit your own position. Your endless mental and semantic gymnastics.
    People can see it but you're so un self aware you cannot.
    You can see it on this site, plenty who don't agree with Gemna at all but are sick to the back teeth of your bullsh1t and double standards.

Ah yes the old false equivalence routine. You will rationalise anything. How about Muslims and their relationship with Allah? Totally different yes? Thought so.
    What Gemma is great at doing is exposing your own hypocrisy, your lawyer like ability to twist reality to suit your own position. Your endless mental and semantic gymnastics.
    You can see it on this site, plenty who don't agree with Gemna at all but are sick to the back teeth of your bullsh1t and double standards.
    lol:rolleyes:

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You've got a lot of pent up anger... Don't take it out on Overheal. :o

Dude are you okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I miss my Gemma batshyte crazy thread :(

Lifted this from somewhere else but a great summation of the reality of the ACI protest at Google and the counter protest by 'leftists'

"I can think of no better representation of the modern West than these images, a protest is organised outside Google headquarters in Dublin, to protest the silencing of dissident voices by the tech giants. Most of these protestors are Nationalists, concerned with the erosion of sovereignty of the Irish people in the face of increasing monopolisation of the control of discourse by the tech giants.
    But a counter protest is also happening, by a group of radical leftists waving Lgbt and Transgender flags.
    These people are organised only to aid in silencing the protests of the concerned nationalists, and to support their ongoing silencing by the tech giants.

This is the modern political order, a hodgepodge of radical leftists waving multicoloured flags and silencing genuine peoples movements, against the backdrop of the cold steely building in which the most powerful corporation in the world wields its power.

The movement that traditionally existed to serve working class interests now organises to demonstrate its ongoing support for the oppression of the very same working class, by the forces of international capital.

It seems irony is not a concept useful idiots understand.
    The contradictions of the modern left are multifarious,

They claim to support the working class but rally in support of the capitalists.

They claim to be fighting oppression but are most passionate and organised when demanding oppression.

They claim to be a movement of the people yet live in fear of the dangers of populism.

They want the best for ordinary people but in their minds ordinary people don't know what's best for their own interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lifted this from somewhere else but a great summation of the reality of the ACI protest at Google and the counter protest by 'leftists'

"I can think of no better representation of the modern West than these images, a protest is organised outside Google headquarters in Dublin, to protest the silencing of dissident voices by the tech giants. Most of these protestors are Nationalists, concerned with the erosion of sovereignty of the Irish people in the face of increasing monopolisation of the control of discourse by the tech giants.
    But a counter protest is also happening, by a group of radical leftists waving Lgbt and Transgender flags.
    These people are organised only to aid in silencing the protests of the concerned nationalists, and to support their ongoing silencing by the tech giants.

This is the modern political order, a hodgepodge of radical leftists waving multicoloured flags and silencing genuine peoples movements, against the backdrop of the cold steely building in which the most powerful corporation in the world yields its power.

The movement that traditionally existed to serve working class interests now organises to demonstrate its ongoing support for the oppression of the very same working class, by the forces of international capital.

They claim to support the working class but rally in support of the capitalists.

They claim to be fighting oppression but most passionate and organised when demanding oppression.

They claim to be a movement of the people yet live in fear of the dangers of populism.

They want the best for ordinary people but in their minds ordinary people don't know what's best for their own interests.

Help-Im-being-repressed-jingle1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Gemma is protesting because she wants to use YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,623 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

This is the modern political order, a hodgepodge of radical leftists waving multicoloured flags and silencing genuine peoples movements, against the backdrop of the cold steely building in which the most powerful corporation in the world wields its power.

They claim to be fighting oppression but are most passionate and organised when demanding oppression.

You win ALLLLL the buzzword bingo Harvey.

The only people gemma and her ilk represent are the mentally ill and sad twisted little minded pricks.

Help-Im-being-repressed-jingle1.gif

There's a very clear pattern of when you don't have an answer you resort to humor,.
    I find it Ironic that with all the frothing at the mouth in this thread you then accuse me of having pent up anger.

But as the saying goes.. Sjws always project

There's a very clear pattern of when you don't have an answer you resort to humor
    Yes we're laughing at you and not in a good way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Couldn't she set up an AlTube?

What bathroom stall did you plagiarize this from because it doesn’t come up on search

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

They're not nationalists and that's an insult to our left wing heroes of 1916 who espoused equality for all and they do not represent the nationalist population in NI. They're ultra religious conservatives poisoning our flag as a convenience to hate anyone who is not devout Catholic. Special mention to the hate directed at the LGBT community yet again only because LGBT are a minority to be bullied by them as they don't fit into the strict Catholic teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There's a very clear pattern of when you don't have an answer you resort to humor,.
    I find it Ironic that with all the frothing at the mouth in this thread you then accuse me of having pent up anger.

Its very difficult to respond in any way to crazy except with humour. To be clear I am not laughing with you.

Gemma is protesting because she wants to use YouTube.

Hey it's where the money is, along with Facebook etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

It's just a rant, what she is protesting has nothing to do with evil capitalism or whatever. It's to do with an angry bigot and her bigot friends such as Justin Barrett(nazi wannabe, no less) protesting that they lack the freedom to put whatever they want onto youtube. More often than not it's hate speech which against the terms of service she agreed to when signing up. So of course, no right thinking person is gonna back her nonsense. Hence the fact she has a handful of morons with her rather than an actual movement.

You clearly do have pent up rage btw, based on your post directed at overheal.
    Overheal wrote: »
    What bathroom stall did you plagiarize this from because it doesn’t come up on search

Wondering same thing, guessing it's some angry facebook group or something.

Is this meant to be deliberately ironic or was that just an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jay1988

DubInMeath wrote: »
    The only people gemma and her ilk represent are the mentally ill and sad twisted little minded pricks.

Bit harsh on the mentally ill TBH.

Lots of triggered people here tonight.

Take a look at the protests guys, a bunch of very ordinary looking people, some young, some old, on one side.
    And an absolute rabble of freaks on the other, dressed up in unicorn t shirts, leather outfits. Transgender flags etc

Not great optics.. Not great optics at all..

• Advertisement

Gemma has proven you can be as crazy as you want on the inside, as evidenced by the nonsense that has been spewing from her on the sidewalk :pac: “she called me a wacist! This is incitement of violence! Awwest her! This is unpreeceedented! Ireland should be up in arms! GET OFF GOOGLE PROPERTY HOW DARE YOU DRINK TEA! DO YOUR JOBS AND INVESTIGATE THIS WOMAN FOR CALLING ME THE THING THAT I AM!”

Wouldn’t go judging people across the street for looking a bit more colorful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement