Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

No, ive never heard of the Kalergi plan. Whats that?

smiley-face-thumbs-up-thank-you-clipart-panda-free-clipart-images-4eZHzt-clipart.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I suggest you give the Camp of the Saints a read as I've said before. Harrowing that a work of fiction is coming true. Pity some seem intent on using it as a how to guide not a warning.

batgoat wrote: »
    You're referencing 'The Great Replacement', so I'm doubtful that you're oblivious to other such conspiracies.

As I've said before google Savile Town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I suggest you give the Camp of the Saints a read as I've said before. Harrowing that a work of fiction is coming true. Pity some seem intent on using it as a how to guide not a warning.

Erm, so now you're citing a book that has gained renewed interest as a result of white supremacists...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

The Nal wrote: »
    Looks a bit, err, off, too. Bruise under her eye and her face is losing mobility on the same side side.

Just wondering if her GP has seen that video, She needs some help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,623 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Erm, so now you're citing a book that has gained renewed interest as a result of white supremacists...

He wanted Germans to vote for a party that denies the holocaust. Are you actually suprised he likes the book?

Look to be honest with you I'm sorry to say it but throughout history Europe has always been overwhelmingly predominantly white in the same Africa is predominantly black. I don't have a problem with non white people but I would prefer it would remain. I don't care about America as I'm not from there mass shootings in America have been happening for long time before Trump was elected. I don't think they're really relevant to the discussion.

That being said I don't support any sort of violence as I believe peaceful means should be used to achieve change. I don't have a problem with a small degree of immigration through an Australian style points system however I would give first preference to the Irish disapora, second priority to the citizens of other first world countries and third preference to the rest of the world.

Ok I understand some immigrants came to Europe during slavery but that was only in a few cases and a few countries but why are they coming to Ireland we owe them nothing and nor does Italy, Sweden, Germany or Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,796 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Look to be honest with you I'm sorry to say it but throughout history Europe has always been overwhelmingly predominantly white in the same Africa is predominantly black. I don't have a problem with non white people but I would prefer it would remain. I don't care about America as I'm not from there mass shootings in America have been happening for long time before Trump was elected. I don't think they're really relevant to the discussion.

That being said I don't support any sort of violence as I believe peaceful means should be used to achieve change. I don't have a problem with a small degree of immigration through an Australian style points system however I would give first preference to the Ieish disapora, second priority to the citizens of other first world countries and third preference to the rest of the world.

Ok I understand some immigrants came to Europe during slavery but that was only in a few cases and a few countries but why are they coming to Ireland we owe them nothing and nor does Italy, Sweden, Germany or Spain.

What is Leish diaspora? And why is preference given to first world countries? And, why in your definition of an immigrant does your definition seem to imply, you know, colored? “Immigrants came to Europe during slavery..”

“Why are they coming to Ireland?” Why do Irish emigrate? Why do they emigrate to the places they do (which is, well, about everywhere)?

Also “first world” ie. NATO countries includes Turkey I don’t know if you wanted to exclude them or what

Overheal wrote: »
    What is Leish diaspora? And why is preference given to first world countries? And, why in your definition of an immigrant does your definition seem to imply, you know, colored? “Immigrants came to Europe during slavery..”

Typo Irish disapora. Because they can assimulate easier into our culture. The way of life in third world countries is very different and very backward compared to our own. Unfortunately it's a fact that third world migrants are more likely to commit crime than people from the first world. Tbh the cost both social and finacial of getting immigrants from third world countries to our culture is a lot higher than immigrants from first world countries who already have similar values to our own. Quite frankly it's not worth the hassle.
    “Why are they coming to Ireland?” Why do Irish emigrate? Why do they emigrate to the places they do (which is, well, about everywhere)?

Because other countries let in just like we are letting immigrants with ease. If other countries want to stop letting Irish immigrants in and deport them I wouldn't have a problem with that
    Also “first world” ie. NATO countries includes Turkey I don’t know if you wanted to exclude them or what

My definition of first world would be Europe, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

That being said I don't support any sort of violence as I believe peaceful means should be used to achieve change. I don't have a problem with a small degree of immigration through an Australian style points system however I would give first preference to the Irish disapora, second priority to the citizens of other first world countries and third preference to the rest of the world.

You possibly don't support violence but you support the theories and beliefs of mass murderers like Anders Behring Breivik, the Christchurch and El Paso murderers.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

You possibly don't support violence but you support the theories and beliefs of mass murderers like Anders Behring Breivik, the Christchurch and El Paso murderers.

That's like saying to an Irish nationalist you don't support violence but you support theories and beliefs of the IRA terrorists or saying a lefty that they support the theories and beliefs of Antifa or the Red Brigade

That's like saying to an Irish nationalist you don't support violence but you support theories and beliefs of the IRA terrorists or saying a lefty that they support the theories and beliefs of Antifa or the Red Brigade

The theories and beliefs you support and repeat are those of far right mass murderers who are white christian supremacists.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Whatever your views on immigration there is no excuse for the insanity of Gemma O'Doherty.

Whatever your views on immigration there is no excuse for the insanity of Gemma O'Doherty.

The great replacement theory isnt just a "view on immigration" - it is being used by numerous white christian supremacist mass murderers in the last 8 - 10 years and Gemma O'Doherty is part of the radicalisation that is going on too.

Terry Pratchet

The theories and beliefs you support and repeat are those of far right mass murderers who are white christian supremacists.

Well I'm able to think critically and agree with and find flaws with certain things. Comparing anti immigration views with mass murderers is like comparing all Muslims with ISIS. The Quran has been used by literally every Islamic terrorist. You can't deny there is replacement migration when Savile Town in England has a 98% Muslim population.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,796 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The way of life in third world countries is very different and very backward compared to our own.
    Can you expand on this?

Like how is Sweden so culturally backward in comparison to Ireland? Sweden is by definition a 3rd World Country.
    . Unfortunately it's a fact that third world migrants are more likely to commit crime than people from the first world.
    this is a grand statement and I hope you have grand evidence to support it?
    Tbh the cost both social and finacial of getting immigrants from third world countries to our culture is a lot higher than immigrants from first world countries who already have similar values to our own. Quite frankly it's not worth the hassle.
    what cost or process of cultural assimilation are you implying?
    My definition of first world would be Europe, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and Japan.
    So, that’s not what First World Countries are. Though again, Turkey has territory in Europe, and that includes many Eastern European countries which quite frankly would be culturally dissimilar to Ireland though I wouldn’t say “backward” (Romania, Poland, Latvia, Ukraine, Belarus) - what would make them easier to assimilate than say, Mexicans, or Brazilians? Heck what makes Korean and Japanese easier to assimilate than South Africans? I went to school in Ennis with a large handful of SA folks I mistook for Brits. I’m just puzzled by your thought process here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,143 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Typo Irish disapora. Because they can assimulate easier into our culture. The way of life in third world countries is very different and very backward compared to our own. Unfortunately it's a fact that third world migrants are more likely to commit crime than people from the first world. Tbh the cost both social and finacial of getting immigrants from third world countries to our culture is a lot higher than immigrants from first world countries who already have similar values to our own. Quite frankly it's not worth the hassle.

Because other countries let in just like we are letting immigrants with ease. If other countries want to stop letting Irish immigrants in and deport them I wouldn't have a problem with that

Can I ask again Stephen based on your further comments about first world countries etc. How would you feel for example an Indian doctor in a hospital treating you or a family member?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

By your own account. You haven't read the book stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Let me take a page out of your playbook.

I'm not saying your racist BUT you seem to define first world countries based on skin colour.

I see none of the first world Arab nations here. It wasnt so long ago Ireland would not have been considered "first world" you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭francois

She's gone all out attacking Hazel Chu now, for being a globalist, not to mention thinly disguised attacks on her ethnicity.
    Anyhow, there is a counter demo Saturday against the crazy one, if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

francois wrote: »
    She's gone all out attacking Hazel Chu now, for being a globalist, not to mention thinly disguised attacks on her ethnicity.
    Anyhow, there is a counter demo Saturday against the crazy one, if anyone is interested.

Thinly? No disguise at all here.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1159585640767459328?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭circadian

Can't wait for the inevitable twitter ban hammer. Split between two sites would be pretty funny.

Well I'm able to think critically and agree with and find flaws with certain things. Comparing anti immigration views with mass murderers is like comparing all Muslims with ISIS. The Quran has been used by literally every Islamic terrorist. You can't deny there is replacement migration when Savile Town in England has a 98% Muslim population.

Thats just silly. Savile Town in England is a tiny fraction of the EU population and it proves nothing that one town has a large Muslim population. Your thinking on issues doesnt come across as critical thinking at all given you refuse to accept your own views are very close to those of extreme far right racists.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Thats just silly. Savile Town in England is a tiny fraction of the EU population and it proves nothing that one town has a large Muslim population. Your thinking on issues doesnt come across as critical thinking at all given you refuse to accept your own views are very close to those of extreme far right racists.

In fairness, he has prided himself on being racist previously. So not hiding at this stage.

Overheal wrote: »
    Can you expand on this?

Like how is Sweden so culturally backward in comparison to Ireland? Sweden is by definition a 3rd World Country.

In some ways Sweden would be more socially advanced than Ireland. I never said Sweden was a third world country but parts of it are ghettos with large third world immigrant populations and high crime rates. Malmo for example.
    this is a grand statement and I hope you have grand evidence to support it?

Look at the countries with the highest crimes what do they all have in common they are all third world countries
    what cost or process of cultural assimilation are you implying?

Well countries such as Sweden have had to invest in intergration programs and language classes for third world immigrants in order for immigrants to culturally assimilate. I also don't like the idea of Irish girls getting raped by immigrants like what has happened in Germany, Sweden and the UK
    So, that’s not what First World Countries are. Though again, Turkey has territory in Europe, and that includes many Eastern European countries which quite frankly would be culturally dissimilar to Ireland though I wouldn’t say “backward” (Romania, Poland, Latvia, Ukraine, Belarus) - what would make them easier to assimilate than say, Mexicans, or Brazilians? Heck what makes Korean and Japanese easier to assimilate than South Africans? I went to school in Ennis with a large handful of SA folks I mistook for Brits. I’m just puzzled by your thought process here.

Only a tiny bit of Turkey is in Europe it's mostly an Asian country. I would personally restrict the definition to first world Europe which would be the present day EU countries plus Switzerland and Norway. While the European countries you outline are as you mention culturally dissimilar to Ireland they are still closer than India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh, China etc. I would not regard South Africa as a first world country at all

john4321 wrote: »
    Can I ask again Stephen based on your further comments about first world countries etc. How would you feel for example an Indian doctor in a hospital treating you or a family member?

I don't have a problem with a small degree of immigration but only where deemed nessecary

It's an example of replacement migration in action. White Brits simply will not live in the area and most that have lived there in the past have now left the area

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I don't have a problem with a small degree of immigration but only where deemed nessecary

Which it is. And has been in every civilisation since the dawn on mankind.

What has this got to do with Gems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

You're referencing 'The Great Replacement', so I'm doubtful that you're oblivious to other such conspiracies.

New document on Apartment size guidelines by housing minister Murphy

2.10 With natural growth in the population now at less than replacement level and a growing dependency rate, whereby the proportion of older people and children combined is increasing relative to the size of the labour force, it is clear that Ireland is now dependent on net in-migration to sustain population and employment growth and this is projected to continue.

So our housing minister states that we need immigration to replace the population. Is Eoghan Murphy a Nazi conspiracy theorist now?

Perhaps you should retract your statement that 'the great replacement' is a far right conspiracy theory seeing as it is acknowledged by our own govt as a necessary strategy to offset declining birthrates.

https://www.housing.gov.ie/sites/default/files/publications/files/design_standards_for_new_apartments_-_guidelines_for_planning_authorities_2018.pdf

I await your attempt at mental gymnastics and twisting of the truth in order to maintain your position

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Wow just when you thought it couldn't get any stupider.. Harvey you really knock it out of the park.

You believe what mass murderers believe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement