Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I have a feeling she is trying to bet banned off twitter so she can martyr heeself for more publicity

Well shes doing her best. Look at this nonsense.

Thats the thing about xenophobes/racists. They'll always expose themselves at some stage and shes opened Pandoras box for herself here.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1159796556247314432

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

ollkiller wrote: »
    That Stefan Molyneux is some thick. If you employ the same reasoning that he and Gemma take in insinuating that Hazel Chu is not Irish then Paul McGrath, Phil Lynott and Ruth Negga are not Irish either.

The mind really does boggle how people can be so insanely stupid. It's 101 racism and thankfully the overwhelming majority of Irish people see this minority of people for what they are. Bottom feeders.

His issue was that Hazel was claiming to be a part of the historical tradgey of the famine when clearly her ancestors had nothing to do with it.
    QUOTE from Hazel "we also exported that culture when we mass emigrated to US during the famine.

Hazel has also written articles bemoaning the loss of Chinese identity in the Chinese immigrant community of Ireland. And called for a retaining of that culture.. While she regards anyone bemoaning the loss of Irish culture as racist.
    Also its the height of cultural appropriation for her to be a part of famine history when her ancestors did not arrive for more than 100 years after.

The Nal wrote: »
    The two mainstays outside google are that toxic looking oul one and the oul fella going on about kids genitals.

Heres the mad oul one. She calls herself "Dee Wall" but her real name is Dolores Webster from Ballyfermot.

Capture.png
    His issue was that Hazel was claiming to be a part of the historical tradgey of the famine when clearly her ancestors had nothing to do with it.
    QUOTE from Hazel "we also exported that culture when we mass emigrated to US during the famine.

So Trump can't use "we" about the Civil War or the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution?

His grandparents didnt arrive in the US until years after the war and were 4 or 5 generations behind when the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were signed.

Clearly his ancestors had nothing to do with it.

Would you agree?

Heres the mad oul one. She calls herself "Dee Wall" but her real name is Dolores Webster from Ballyfermot.

Capture.png

So Trump can't use "we" about the Civil War or the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution?

His grandparents didnt arrive in the US until years after the war and were 4 or 5 generations behind when the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were signed.

Clearly his ancestors had nothing to do with it.

Would you agree?

Yes I would, and I would agree that the majority of immigrants to the US can't either.

Yes I would, and I would agree that the majority of immigrants to the US can't either.

Errr, they're all immigrants. Or descendants of immigrants.

As are you.

• Advertisement

Errr, they're all immigrants. Or descendants of immigrants.

As are you.
    try that logic out in China or Saudi Arabia or any non Western country and see how its received.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Wikipedia? Give me a break.

The concern is that indeginous people's are being replaced with non indeginous peoples.. This is happening and not only is it happening it is clearly stated as a strategy by this Govt.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/replace
    to take the place of something, or to put something or someone in the place of something or someone else:

They are not replacing anyone.
    But you are so unconscionably dishonest that you engage in such a deep level of denial and refusal to acknowledge facts.. Its pathetic

And why are you so dishonest? Because you have a dog in this fight.. You are involved. But again you're so dishonest you will not reveal the fact that you are a member of a political party or ngo with their hands in the greasy till.

Ah that old gemmaroid nugget, if you disagree with me then you are a paid shill, soros stooge etc :rolleyes:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/replace

They are not replacing anyone.

I beg to differ take a look a the Govt document which states that out population needs to be replaced by migrants due to the dwindling population. You can't really argue against this.. Its clearly stated in the document.. The document written by a govt minister which say that our population numbers are not at replacement levels and thus we need more immigration.

try that logic out in China or Saudi Arabia or any non Western country and see how its received.

In a debate, thats called a "drop". An unrefuted point.

Just for giggles though, when the Declaration of Independence was signed the population of America was about 2.5 million. Not much bigger than the greater Dublin area is today.

So you're saying anyone born after that, over half a billion people, can't refer to themselves as "we" when discussing American history?

In a debate, thats called a "drop". An unrefuted point.

Just for giggles though, when the Declaration of Independence was signed the population of America was about 2.5 million. Not much bigger than the greater Dublin area is today.

So you're saying anyone born after that, over half a billion people, can't refer to themselves as "we" when discussing American history?

What Hazel was doing, was inferring that she had a historical claim to the famine.. She doesnt.
    Just like any Irish American for example who's parents arrived in the 20th century cannot make a historical claim to the war of independence.
    I'm not saying Hazel is not Irish, I'm saying she cannot make a claim to distant Irish history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What Hazel was doing, was inferring that she had a historical claim to the famine.. She doesnt.
    Just like any Irish American for example who's parents arrived in the 20th century cannot make a historical claim to the war of independence.
    I'm not saying Hazel is not Irish, I'm saying she cannot make a claim to distant Irish history.

does that mean i cant either? given that none of my great-grandparents were born in ireland? where do you draw the line? can she not use "we" when referring to irish people despite being irish herself? do we have to show genealogy reports before we can use "we"?

does that mean i cant either? given that none of my great-grandparents were born in ireland? where do you draw the line? can she not use "we" when referring to irish people despite being irish herself? do we have to show genealogy reports before we can use "we"?

Assuming you're white, you're ok. Doesn't matter where your great-grandparents came from as long as they looked like everyone else here at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Well shes doing her best. Look at this nonsense.

Thats the thing about xenophobes/racists. They'll always expose themselves at some stage and shes opened Pandoras box for herself here.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1159796556247314432

But according to Jimmy Rabbite...
    And by extension Roddy Doyle!

The Irish are the blacks of Europe, the Dubs are the blacks of Ireland, and the Northside Dubs are the Blacks of Dublin?

I thought that's why we could all do Soul?!?!

Gemma's not gonna take Wilson Pickett and Otis Redding away from us is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Assuming you're white, you're ok. Doesn't matter where your great-grandparents came from as long as they looked like everyone else here at the time.

Phew, thats good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Ah Stefan Molyneaux. Very Irish name right there. He can certainly be considered an extremist who pushes the great replacement conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

She can march down O'Connell st in full Gaelic garb banging on a war drum if she likes it doesn't mean that she has a connection to those people. If you were an American without NA blood claiming connection to a tribe, you would be called out for cultural appropriation. But shur let her on, she can identify as anything she wants, she shouldn't be surprised if others don't feel obliged to acknowledge it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Football fans say "we" all the time, none born in manchester/liverpool/London etc but they feel they have a connection so they use the term we when describing thier team. You're putting too much effort into her use of the word we.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Acosta

Above all else these hardcore Gemma bots are just bloody miserable. They hate themselves more than any lefties, liberals or foreigners. They just don't have the dignity to own their own misery without trying to spread it on to others or actually sort out their lives and get on with living without being total assholes.

Acosta wrote: »
    Above all else these hardcore Gemma bots are just bloody miserable. They hate themselves more than any lefties, liberals or foreigners. They just don't have the dignity to own their own misery without trying to spread it on to others or actually sort out their lives and get on with living without being total assholes.

Whilst I wouldn't consider myself a Gemmabot. I certainly don't hate myself, liberals or foreigners, I've up until recently always voted for the Labour Party firstly and Greens when possible.. Never again.

I love Ireland and its people (including liberals and foreigners) I happen to think we had a great country, flawed yes but pretty damn good in the last couple of decades. Now I see it all being thrown away because people have bought in to the cult of multiculturalism and anti nation state globalism. I firmly believe the future is incredibly bleak for Ireland due to the path we are taking.

As for immigration, believe it or not I was for a long time very enthusiastic about it until I realised it was never going to end, ultimately leading to the Irish becoming a minority in their own country.
    There are enough people here as it stands and its in everyone's interests, foreigners included, to curtail it severly before our society atomises and fractures into multiple, competing interest groups with their only connection to each other being consumer units.

You believe in hateful conspiracy theories that mass murderers also believe in.

Of course the real issue with your severe hateful ignorance is you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Whilst I wouldn't consider myself a Gemmabot. I certainly don't hate myself, liberals or foreigners, I've up until recently always voted for the Labour Party firstly and Greens when possible.. Never again.

I love Ireland and its people (including liberals and foreigners) I happen to think we had a great country, flawed yes but pretty damn good in the last couple of decades. Now I see it all being thrown away because people have bought in to the cult of multiculturalism and anti nation state globalism. I firmly believe the future is incredibly bleak for Ireland due to the path we are taking.

As for immigration, believe it or not I was for a long time very enthusiastic about it until I realised it was never going to end, ultimately leading to the Irish becoming a minority in their own country.
    There are enough people here as it stands and its in everyone's interests, foreigners included, to curtail it severly before our society atomises and fractures into multiple, competing interest groups with their only connection to each other being consumer units.

Irish people will never be a minority in their own country. You're deluded if you think that will ever happen.

That's quite an irrational, overly emotional and dare I say it extremist interpretation.

Are you aware that this idea stems in large part from a United Nations document called Replacement Migration

That's quite an irrational, overly emotional and dare I say it extremist interpretation.

Nope the conspiracy theories you believe in are irrational based on emotions are most certainly extremist.

You believe in the same conspiracy used to justify mass murder. That's on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Based on 2016 census data Ireland is 86% native or there about. And the progeny of the other 14% would be Irish nationals. Your fear seems misplaced.

The idea that your culture might fracture or atomize - but you’re worried about it taking on a homogeneity - seem conflicting. Sure isn’t actual Irish heritage a scattered tribalism of various clans and micro kingdoms?

Is your culture contingent on genetics? Like, if some Irish kid is born from polish parents, and is raised in Ireland, walks Irish, speaks the language, plays rugby or hurling, attends the pub, contributes to society, etc etc etc is the culture not served?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Are you aware that this idea stems in large part from a United Nations document called Replacement Migration

It really isn't since replacement migration and the great replacement refer to two different things.. The latter is a europe wide plot to replace populations with non European and non white people. It's pushed by white supremacists to foster paranoia. Are you gonna accuse me of being a member of an NGO or being a politician again?

Can you point me to one credible source for the great replacement being real? Not a misrepresentation please.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The followers of the great replacement theories that you espouse are taking pretty extremist interpretations. This is a problem. You cannot see the logical conclusion of the theories you espose and support is mass murder and terrorism based on far right white christian supremacism

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

batgoat wrote: »
    It really isn't since replacement migration and the great replacement refer to two different things.. The latter is a europe wide plot to replace populations with non European and non white people. It's pushed by white supremacists to foster paranoia. Are you gonna accuse me of being a member of an NGO or being a politician again?

Can you point me to one credible source for the great replacement being real? Not a misrepresentation please.

The problem here Bat is that you have your own highly biased and exclusively defined by leftists definition of what exactly the great replacement is.
    I dont care what wiki or the nyt or anyone else calls it.
    The general idea (which is what I'm concerned with) that indigenous Europeans are being gradually replaced by outsiders is the issue.. And it's happening. And not only as I have said is it happening but it is actual Govt and EU and UN policy. You can't get away from that, you simply can't.

So whether it fits into the new York Times idea of a conspiracy is totally irrelevant. I have to hand it to you guys, you're extremely slippery and expert goalpost shifters and semantic manipulators.

The followers of the great replacement theories that you espouse are taking pretty extremist interpretations. This is a problem. You cannot see the logical conclusion of the theories you espose and support is mass murder and terrorism based on far right white christian supremacism

Actually what is happening is that ordinary people who notice the mass immigration happening in their countries are now being categorised as conspiracy theorists. This is highly reminiscint of the Soviet Union where masses of people who has issues with the system were placed into various categories of enemies of the state. Very worrying.

I genuinely wonder how far you guys are from advocating imprisonment for those who criticise immigration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The problem here Bat is that you have your own highly biased and exclusively defined by leftists definition of what exactly the great replacement is.
    I dont care what wiki or the nyt or anyone else calls it.
    The general idea (which is what I'm concerned with) that indigenous Europeans are being gradually replaced by outsiders is the issue.. And it's happening. And not only as I have said is it happening but it is actual Govt and EU and UN policy. You can't get away from that, you simply can't.

So whether it fits into the new York Times idea of a conspiracy is totally irrelevant. I have to hand it to you guys, you're extremely slippery and expert goalpost shifters and semantic manipulators.

Slippery? I was following the definition of the conspiracy. A conspiracy that is actively espoused by white supremacists although the more I read of what you post, it seems the closer it is to that of the conspiracy theory than actual replacement migration. If you think governments across Europe are engaging in some sort of nefarious conspiracy to get rid of white people, then I would say you believe in a conspiracy theory rather than replacement migration.

Do you also rant about George Soros a lot?

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »
    Slippery? I was following the definition of the conspiracy. A conspiracy that is actively espoused by white supremacists although the more I read of what you post, it seems the closer it is to that of the conspiracy theory than actual replacement migration. If you think governments across Europe are engaging in some sort of nefarious conspiracy to get rid of white people, then I would say you believe in a conspiracy theory rather than replacement migration.

Do you also rant about George Soros a lot?

There's no such thing as White Supremacy. White Nationalism, White separatism is more accurate.
    But this is more of it, anyone who doesn't toe the line is categorised as an extremist.
    You should really ask yourselves how far you're willing to go, are you willing to imprison those whom you oppose?
    Are you far from advocating 'wrong' opinions to be made illegal?
    It seems to me that you're only one step away. Like I said very worrying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement