Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Anyone know how much it costs to advertise on Dublin bus, and how she could afford it.

Quick search so far only shows costs in the U.K.at 500+ a week back in 2016.

I heard the advertising campaign cost her something like €15k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Stephen15 wrote: »

And she still couldn't manage a respectable result... That's a reflection on her politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

If racist means loving your family and by extension to that your country and wanting to defend both as well the western way of life then I'm a racist and proud. In order to do that I believe your borders should be shut as the saying goes you don't lock your door because you hate the people outside you do because you love the people inside.

Same concept here close the borders to defend our country it's culture, heritage and values.

Mr "Save Ireland" wants to impose a hard border in Ireland and lock 1.8m Irish people out of their own country.

You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭banie01

But,
    But,
    But what about that lack of resources you said she had?
    Advertising on Dublin Bus with exposure to over a million people and still pulled in less than 1.5%?

How is that performance the fault of anyone or anything else other than Gemma being inherently unelectable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

As much as the mere existence of people such as Casey, O'Donovan, Quinn/Iona, Myers, the Sherlocks, Waters et al grieves me......I am always heartened by the Irish people's hearty cry of FCUK OFF to these malignant c*nts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Healy Raes dont have a party yet get elected no problem. Maria Walsh was a Rose of Tralee. It doesnt take much to get elected.

Now if you are only know for being a demented loon screeching conspiracy theories people will find you mildly amusing in so far as what rubbish will pour out of you next but not vote for you in a million years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Mr "Save Ireland" wants to impose a hard border in Ireland and lock 1.8m Irish people out of their own country.

You couldn't make it up.

Well I would regard the 6 counties you are referring to as a part of Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

The six counties are in the UK

You either believe in closing borders or you don't

It now seems that after all that bluster, you don't

Do you want an open border between Ireland and the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The National Party were only registered recently a few months. There is a lot involved in this country in setting up a political party from scratch. My point was why are there so many protests and people unhappy with these groups if they are such a small minority of people. Since there's only 20 people protesting at Google why is there a need for a counter demonstration.

Well, there was only one Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I take it you don't live in Blanchardstown, Lucan, Balbriggan, Longford or Ballyhaunis

You can do one about Ballyhaunis lad. It has had a large Pakistani crowd since the 1980's and here in Mayo we all get on just fine. They are lovely people who get along with everyone. Id rather them then you landing up in Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yet don’t consider Istanbul as being on Europe

You’re quite hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Overheal wrote: »
    Yet don’t consider Istanbul as being on Europe

You’re quite hilarious

Like GemGem. Never know what gem is next :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So she's chickened out. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭francois

The Nal wrote: »
    So she's chickened out. Sad.

That was going to happen all along:

from her twitter feed:

I’m advising all patriots to stay away from #Google today. The unhinged ‘Left’ and the Gardai want violence and may stage a #fakenews attack on one of their useless idiots in an attempt to blacken our #FreeSpeech peaceful protest which continues next week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

francois wrote: »

from her twitter feed:

I’m advising all patriots to stay away from #Google today. The unhinged ‘Left’ and the Gardai want violence and may stage a #fakenews attack on one of their useless idiots in an attempt to blacken our #FreeSpeech peaceful protest which continues next week

giphy.webp

Big league win for the unicorns. Bit of peace and quiet for the residents over the weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So the argument that immigration imports terrorism has been fairly conclusively debunked in a recently published study.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167268119302471
    Abstract
    The relationship between immigration and terrorism is an important public policy concern.
    Using bilateral migration data for 170 countries from 1990 to 2015, we estimate the relationship between levels of immigration and terrorism using an instrumental variables (IV) strategy based on the decades prior stocks of immigrants in destination countries.
    We specifically investigate rates of immigration from Muslim majority countries and countries involved in armed conflicts. We find no relationship between immigration and terrorism, whether measured by the number of attacks or victims, in destination countries.

I wonder if our resident racists could care to rebut this particular study?

Link to working paper
    https://www.cato.org/publications/working-paper/do-immigrants-import-terrorism

francois wrote: »

from her twitter feed:

Is she still pretending to not understand that google hasn’t violated her free speech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

pjohnson wrote: »
    The Healy Raes dont have a party yet get elected no problem. Maria Walsh was a Rose of Tralee. It doesnt take much to get elected.

Now if you are only know for being a demented loon screeching conspiracy theories people will find you mildly amusing in so far as what rubbish will pour out of you next but not vote for you in a million years.

And somehow the duo of wasters Clare Daly and Mick Wallace manage to get elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

banie01 wrote: »
    Noone ever heard of her?
    Despite her previous journalistic endeavours?
    Despite her previous efforts to gain a nomination for the Presidential election?

Same with Gilroy, actually known as a crank and had more newspaper inches than most politicians over the years his been active.

Cut the revisionist bolloxology and lies.
    She and they were a known quantity, and have been roundly rejected.

To be honest only pot heads and oddballs frequent the parts of the web that gemma and gemeroids dwell and only a percentage of those actually vote for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

A load of mostly ordinary people waving the Irish Flag being called Nazi Scum by people dressed as unicorns and waving transgender flags.. not a good look really.
    Does waving a Tricolour make a person Nazi Scum now?

• Advertisement

A load of mostly ordinary people waving the Irish Flag being called Nazi Scum by people dressed as unicorns and waving transgender flags.. not a good look really.

You seem to only be fixating on one visual cue: this is like saying someone drank water, Hitler drank water, so that person is a Nazi. Whereas I think most common sense adults can intelligently identify Gemma’s platform for what it is, not based on the flag it waves but the content.

Thing is, you're ignoring the stuff that Gemma and Co espouse. Racism, nationalism, xenophobia, conspiracy theories such as the great replacement... Then while exactly Nazis, they're complete and utter bigots...

A couple of those "patriots" were giving raised arm salutes, a pissed aul wan shouting abuse about queers, all standing behind a tricolour

Overheal wrote: »
    You seem to only be fixating on one visual cue: this is like saying someone drank water, Hitler drank water, so that person is a Nazi. Whereas I think most common sense adults can intelligently identify Gemma’s platform for what it is, not based on the flag it waves but the content.

Yeah kind of like the way I posted a govt document stating that migrants were need to replace the population and people here said I was on a par with mass murderers..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So anyone who waves an Irish flag is grand then regardless of what the say or do?

It's the optics guys.. As many of you have said, most people in Ireland don't even know who Gemma or ACI are.
    If they see this footage they will see people with Irish flags being called Nazi Scum.. Very bad optics.

Yeah kind of like the way I posted a govt document stating that migrants were need to replace the population and people here said I was on a par with mass murderers..

The conspiracy theory that you denied was a thing...(Cause replacement immigration isn't the same as The Great Replacement conspiracy) Where you also denied white supremacists exist?

batgoat wrote: »
    Thing is, you're ignoring the stuff that Gemma and Co espouse. Racism, nationalism, xenophobia, conspiracy theories such as the great replacement... Then while exactly Nazis, they're complete and utter bigots...

You must live in a bubble, there are many many ordinary people in Ireland from all walks of life with concerns about immigration. Calling them Nazi Scum is a very bad move.

It's the optics guys.. As many of you have said, most people in Ireland don't even know who Gemma or ACI are.
    If they see this footage they will see people with Irish flags being called Nazi Scum.. Very bad optics.

These optics aren't very good either, nazi salutes with a tricolour
    https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1160205487574589441

• Advertisement

You must live in a bubble, there are many many ordinary people in Ireland from all walks of life with concerns about immigration. Calling them Nazi Scum is a very bad move.

Decent people with concerns about immigration don't join those who post pictures of school children because of their race or join people who are Neo Nazis such as Justin Barrett... Pretty simple really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement