Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

tigger123 wrote: »
    What's that based on?!

Probably because she called for greater action against racism. Some people are angry that she doesn't like being racially abused and they want free speech to racially abuse her.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,977 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Hazel Chu is a facist and an idiot . Ryan tubridy is a bubble dwelling tax dodging coward.
    Neither are worth paying any attention to.

Never thought I'd be defending tubridy but are you calling him a tax Dodger because he's a contractor?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Probably because she called for greater action against racism. Some people are angry that she doesn't like being racially abused and they want free speech to racially abuse her.

It's so incredibly sad that this is the truth.

But here we are...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

FTA69 wrote: »
    I think the likes of O’Doherty and Croft etc are 100% manifestations of a global upsurge in far right or quasi-fascist politics; however they’re also politically insignificant, mired in conspiracy and would be viewed as off the wall by nearly everyone. Contrast the muppets outside Google with the numbers and sorts of people the far right in England have pulled off (Tommy Robinson and the DFLA etc) and you’ll have an idea of the scale of the problem.

I think a far more worrying development in real terms will be the emergence of a new populist right that will gain traction amongst swathes of middle Ireland who are annoyed with long commutes, crap services, high taxes etc; there could well be mass scapegoating of Travellers, migrants, unemployed etc and you could see the rise of someone like Peter Casey on steroids.

If I was concerned about the right and far-right I don’t think the biggest problem is Black and Tan Torino or some shrill idiot banging on about 5G.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/National-Populism-Against-Liberal-Democracy/dp/0241312000/ref=sr_1_1?adgrpid=65611339913&gclid=CjwKCAjwnMTqBRAzEiwAEF3nduCAvlUMnGxuT99KB9Bhgfjuy6PrOYC-xGZ-45czXv9zrY0_OE_A2RoCc-cQAvD_BwE&hvadid=320653031269&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1007850&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=14065138668341908554&hvtargid=kwd-555571695259&hydadcr=24629_1795953&keywords=national+populism+book&qid=1565620647&s=gateway&sr=8-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I didn't see much diversity in the counter protest

Ah, be fair now. It had a great variety of cat ladies, lesbians and bug men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you're pro or anti the link but I wouldn't be interested in reading anything from someone who's so confident in himself he had to eat a page of his own book after previous stupid statements:
    https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/june2017/2017/06/watch-politics-expert-matthew-goodwin-eats-his-own-book-live-tv-after

So he was wrong about a result, he doesn't claim to be psychic. I think his read on what's happening now is pretty succinct though. He's basically affirming what you said about the opening for populism here.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It's so incredibly sad that this is the truth.

But here we are...

I don't accept it as merely sad. It's fascist hate that should be resisted at every opportunity.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Seanachai wrote: »
    So he was wrong about a result, he doesn't claim to be psychic. I think his read on what's happening now is pretty succinct though. He's basically affirming what you said about the opening for populism here.
    We can all be wrong, that's a given, but I'm always wary of people (on any side) who have absolute confidence in their opinion such that they'd happily say they'll eat their book if they were wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Hazel Chu is a facist and an idiot . Ryan tubridy is a bubble dwelling tax dodging coward.

I'll bite. How is Hazel a facist?............this should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Desperate damage control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

ollkiller wrote: »
    I'll bite. How is Hazel a facist?............this should be good.

She hates faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

Seems
    Like the guards have had enough of her nonsense !! Check out her screeching and whataboutery on Facebook now !!!

She's on with Matt Cooper right now. Fairly reasonable-sounding, for a fascist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I don't accept it as merely sad. It's fascist hate that should be resisted at every opportunity.

Those who don't respect the vote for Brexit or Trump as president are also facist by definition.

Hazel Chu is also a facist

Those who don't respect the vote for Brexit or Trump as president are also facist by definition.

1+1=2019???

1+1=2019???

Definition of facism by Britannica.com : including extreme militaristic nationalism, contempt for electoral democracy and political and cultural liberalism, a belief in natural social hierarchy and the rule of elites, and the desire to create a Volksgemeinschaft (German: “people’s community”), in which individual interests would be subordinated to the good of the nation.

See the part about contempt for electoral democracy. People who don't accept the leave vote or Trump as president are by definition facists.

Chu is also a facist

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Definition of facism by Britannica.com : including extreme militaristic nationalism, contempt for electoral democracy and political and cultural liberalism, a belief in natural social hierarchy and the rule of elites, and the desire to create a Volksgemeinschaft (German: “people’s community”), in which individual interests would be subordinated to the good of the nation.

See the part about contempt for electoral democracy. People who don't accept the leave vote or Trump as president are by definition facists.

Chu is also a facist

Sure that makes anyone who was ever upset about an election outcome a fascist. So, everyone. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Its fascist isn't it (I know I spelt it incorrectly myself earlier). Anyway that's the biggest load of codswallop ever. That's not what a fascist is lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Her Facebook videos are great craic- ‘oh they’re coming with the vans soon, this will be it for me...’ a poorly skilled edgelord who isn’t getting the response she wants.

• Advertisement

Chu is also a facist

That is really quite special.

Chu is also a facist
    contempt for electoral democracy - brexit bus nhs figures
    the rule of elites - Boris ignoring the will of parliament, Trump ignoring the law
    individual interests would be subordinated to the good of the nation - Boris and Trump

Its fascist isn't it (I know I spelt it incorrectly myself earlier). Anyway that's the biggest load of codswallop ever. That's not what a fascist is lad.

Find me a different definition.

Prove me wrong lad

Yep, fascist, from fasces which is Latin for 'bundle of sticks', used to beat people. So right from the get-go, fascism was essentially about violence.

"The fist is our policy"

Find me a different definition.

Prove me wrong lad
    Well the actual britannica.com definition is actually more of a historical description of fascism and it actually says:
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/fascism
    Although fascist parties and movements differed significantly from one another, they had many characteristics in common,...
    So they were describing historical not modern fascism/populism.

contempt for electoral democracy - brexit bus nhs figures
    the rule of elites - Boris ignoring the will of parliament, Trump ignoring the law
    individual interests would be subordinated to the good of the nation - Boris and Trump

I don't like the vote. We need to have another one

Not my president

Blah blah facism

I don't like the vote. We need to have another one

Not my president

Blah blah facism
    blah blah blah?

blah blah blah?

Racist!!

On another note. Did you see this?

https://youtu.be/UPLQNUVmq3o

These people left reality behind a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That migrant was just on Today FM. The amount of hate shes received in the last few days is sickening.

• Advertisement

The Brexit vote was on a knife-edge, in no way a landslide, and it was NEVER about no-deal. They specifically ruled it out. Agitating for democratic change and a second vote isn't fascism. It's democracy.

Trump is a white nationalist, a thug and a racist. He's also a demagogue who cosies up to dictators and strongmen. At NO TIME has anyone disputed his democratic election, despite the GOP's despicable vote-rigging, partisan gerrymandering and the Russians' online efforts to interfere in the election - which Trump welcomed.

And the word, which you evidently don't understand, and can't even spell - is Fascism

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement