Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Ah, yes, the old "denier" tactic. Tax the working and middle classes to death for putting fuel in their cars and heating their homes, then when they ask why the world hasn't ended like Al Gore told us it would, call them "deniers."

I'm sure the coping classes will love that, and the Green Party won't be obliterated again when the inevitable economic contraction comes.
    But she is, she also believes in chemtrail conspiracies, this is based on what she tweets...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ah, yes, the old "denier" tactic. Tax the working and middle classes to death for putting fuel in their cars and heating their homes, then when they ask why the world hasn't ended like Al Gore told us it would, call them "deniers."

I'm sure the coping classes will love that, and the Green Party won't be obliterated again when the inevitable economic contraction comes.

“Do things that curtail climate change and then deny climate change is a real threat!”

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

She mostly comes across as very poorly informed. In her latest rant she's banging on about the present day destruction of the historical site of Boland's Mill. The Boland's Mill she wants the patriots of Ireland to protect was built after the founding of the state.

The Boland's Mill of the rebellion times was located where the Treasury Building is today.

She really in quite dense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭Augme

It’s interesting when you see the swipes at green politics. It’s very much what you see in the alt right in the US which just points to those dwelling in online bubbles. For some reason they’ve a fatalistic, myopic, hate filled view of the world, rather than an optimistic one and they tend to hate environmentalists, sustainable economic, green philosophies, social progressives and so on.

It’s also always been about dogma and attacking science, because scientists, academics and other experts don’t tend to tolerate alternative facts (i.e. just making up nonsense) and expect them to be able to make a reasoned argument backed up by evidence and proper testing.

The whole thing is a confused, heady mix of conspiracy theory, anti science, dogma (both political and religious), xenophobia, racism, homophobia, general hatred, fatalism and so on all wrapped up in a nationalistic package and a flag they’re trying to steal and repurpose as a symbol of exclusion and hate.

They’ve taken all the US alt right talking points and are trying to apply them here.

We really need to ensure that our national symbols, which are basically Ireland’s branding aren’t used that way too. The flag and all the other stuff they’re using belong to all of us and do not symbolise what they are trying to distort them into.

I think it's more the hypocrisy people are fed up with.
    Everyone knows about Greta Thurnberg - a teenager having hissy fits - no one knows about Boyan Slat someone actually doing something to change things.

People like Chu/Thurnberg just want to rise taxation - it's all about money at the end of the day, of course this money won't change anything , will be just pocketed by fat corrupt politicians that will still drive around in SUVs and private jets.

People want change, but they don't want to change ... same old.
    I am aware that GT doesn't fly and leads a fairly green lifestyle, but the followers are total hypocrites.

SUV sales in Ireland - Higher than ever.
    People flying - higher than ever.
    Mobiles/Tablets/Laptops - everyone replacing them every 6 months.

Ye can piss off with your hypocrisy.

But hey, I must be just "filled with hate" to see it .... sure...

Why do people like thurnberg/chu want to raise taxation? For the laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I haven't heard them yet, maybe they are gone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Augme wrote: »

They think it will solve the issue -it won't, real change to people's lives will change the issue - slowly.

Money will just be ripped off and corrupt politicians and their cronies will benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nulu5

You brought up Casey earlier and his speech has not been silenced and neither has O'Doherty's.

Bringing up one tweet O'Doherty is just lazy at best. You choose to ignore a fairly substantial quantity of hate driven tweets.

To make it clear to you. Using words like 'silenced' is transparent for anyone reading. You don't like people countering hate speech. It's all there in your posting history Kira.
    Bringing up one tweet O'Doherty is just lazy at best. You choose to ignore a fairly substantial quantity of hate driven tweets.

Unlike some I don,t constantly looks at Gemmas social media pages daily to see what she,s posting so I don,t see everything that she puts up online.
    You brought up Casey earlier and his speech has not been silenced

I brought up Casey as a lot of people thought he made a fair point as evidenced by the amount of votes he got in a short time after he made his comments last October whereas self pro claimed anti racism groups said he used " hate speech " and " we need tighter laws on hate speech " after he made his comments.
    You don't like people countering hate speech.

If people want to counter opposing views like counter protesting like saw last saturday leave it be as I take no issue with non violent protests or non violent counter protests.

I do take issue with trying to shut down other people,s public meetings or Indirect threats of violence to try prevent people from protesting as one left wing magazine put up on facebook last night " Everyone down to Barrow Street next Saturday? Leave the banners and placards at home - stand with the filth then get stuck in proper - only one way to remove fascism from the streets and it ain’t pointing at it and shouting names. Next weekend should mark Gemma’s degenerates last rally " .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Someone needs to airmail a few milkshakes at these fuckin clowns.

Had one of Gemma's biggest fans & protest regular sat in my kitchen the other day telling me how Gemma is a hero and how she sees through all the lies the government is telling us, that they are trying to water down the indigenous european populations to make a homogenous European superstate.

He then moved on then to how the government is disposing of hazardous waste by burning it in planes and spraying the exhaust/chemicals down on us to make us more sheeple-ish.

This is what you are trying to argue with. You can't win, they need to be ridiculed until they fuck off

• Registered Users Posts: 32,512 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Someone needs to airmail a few milkshakes at these fuckin clowns.

Had one of Gemma's biggest fans & protest regular sat in my kitchen the other day telling me how Gemma is a hero and how she sees through all the lies the government is telling us, that they are trying to water down the indigenous european populations to make a homogenous European superstate.

He then moved on then to how the government is disposing of hazardous waste by burning it in planes and spraying the exhaust/chemicals down on us to make us more sheeple-ish.

This is what you are trying to argue with. You can't win, they need to be ridiculed until they fuck off
    You need to f#ck him out of your kitchen for a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Augme wrote: »

because theyve bought into the idea that if ordinary people in the western world give up tax money and abandon plastic / cars / meat that it will somehow save the world, when in reality we should be looking at stopping trade deals like the one which allows south american beef to flow in on the cheap, encourage buying local produce to reduce food miles , heavily condemning asia, africa and south amercia for their polluting practice, allow nuclear power and encourage making cheap solutions for consumers which are greener rather than allow rampantly wasteful government spending to enforce anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

gmisk wrote: »
    You need to f#ck him out of your kitchen for a start!

He wasn't my guest thankfully, but he is now barred from being there when I am at least.

Honestly, life was much better when these fuckin idiots didn't have a platform.

Mass social media has a lot to answer for.

He wasn't my guest thankfully, but he is now barred from being there when I am at least.

Honestly, life was much better when these fuckin idiots didn't have a platform.

Mass social media has a lot to answer for.

What you do is get these people off their keyboards into the same room together. Eventually you’ll get them arguing for/against the moon landings and flat earth and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

because theyve bought into the idea that if ordinary people in the western world give up tax money and abandon plastic / cars / meat that it will somehow save the world, when in reality we should be looking at stopping trade deals like the one which allows south american beef to flow in on the cheap, encourage buying local produce to reduce food miles , heavily condemning asia, africa and south amercia for their polluting practice, allow nuclear power and encourage making cheap solutions for consumers which are greener rather than allow rampantly wasteful government spending to enforce anything.

I think you'll find that Thunberg and Chu would most definitely advocate for stopping trade deals like the one which allows south american beef to flow in on the cheap, encouraging buying local produce to reduce food miles, heavily condemning asia, africa and south amercia for their polluting practice... and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Nulu5 wrote: »
    You brought up Casey earlier and his speech has not been silenced and neither has O'Doherty's.

To make it clear to you. Using words like 'silenced' is transparent for anyone reading. You don't like people countering hate speech. It's all there in your posting history Kira.

Unlike some I don,t constantly looks at Gemmas social media pages daily to see what she,s posting so I don,t see everything that she puts up online.
    You brought up Casey earlier and his speech has not been silenced

I brought up Casey as a lot of people thought he made a fair point as evidenced by the amount of votes he got in a short time after he made his comments last October whereas self pro claimed anti racism groups said he used " hate speech " and " we need tighter laws on hate speech " after he made his comments.
    You don't like people countering hate speech.

If people want to counter opposing views like counter protesting like saw last saturday leave it be as I take no issue with non violent protests or non violent counter protests.

I do take issue with trying to shut down other people,s public meetings or Indirect threats of violence to try prevent people from protesting as one left wing magazine put up on facebook last night " Everyone down to Barrow Street next Saturday? Leave the banners and placards at home - stand with the filth then get stuck in proper - only one way to remove fascism from the streets and it ain’t pointing at it and shouting names. Next weekend should mark Gemma’s degenerates last rally " .

Casey speech has not be curtailed. People are allowed to reply. If you have no problem with vile hateful rhetoric why do you have a problem with responses that aren't logical themselves? . The bigger problem with Casey is his blatant grift to try and get into politics.

Given your own contradictory version of 'free speech'. You should have no problem with that magazines rhetoric.. Since it's just speech.

By the way I don't believe your ignorant to Gemma rhetoric. You just don't 'leftists' countering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I've never paid any attention to this Gemma person other than her big thing in Donegal about murder, what exactly did she say to get her kicked off youtube?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

humberklog wrote: »
    She mostly comes across as very poorly informed. In her latest rant she's banging on about the present day destruction of the historical site of Boland's Mill. The Boland's Mill she wants the patriots of Ireland to protect was built after the founding of the state.

The Boland's Mill of the rebellion times was located where the Treasury Building is today.

She really in quite dense.

And the sheeple :pac: that follow her swallow it without any independent thought whatsoever.

Looking at her live feed it seem her ire has moved on to critiquing the architecture choice to have glass paneling on the outside of the building, it apparently being a rainbow cesspit or something and blood of Patriots something something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Blueshoe must think we are all a bit thick.

Only some of you are thick. It's still a far right salute and that is what was intended but he did it wrong.
    That is a fact.

I also know that facts aren't important anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Special council meeting called to address Gemma O'Doherty-led protests at Google HQ

What a time waster this mad scone is. No consideration for the residents. A lot of them elderly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I see she's had a chip at Mick Clifford who wandered into the protest. She was yelling at him and following him in much the same way some dude recently did to her.

She ran off that time crying assault and even had the Gardai involved.
    I can't see any difference in what she did to Mick, will Mick be writing about being asaulted by Gemma? Doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

humberklog wrote: »
    I see she's had a chip at Mick Clifford who wandered into the protest. She was yelling at him and following him in much the same way some dude recently did to her.

She ran off that time crying assault and even had the Gardai involved.
    I can't see any difference in what she did to Mick, will Mick be writing about being asaulted by Gemma? Doubt it.

Shes sadly beyond redemption at this stage. So much anger, hate and loneliness for no other reason than shes angry, hateful and lonely.

The Nal wrote: »
    Shes sadly beyond redemption at this stage. So much anger, hate and loneliness for no other reason than shes angry, hateful and lonely.

Those lies she wrote about members of our police force can never be forgiven.
    Some even lost their jobs over that story she made up.
    Disgraceful

My still favorite was when she wanted someone thrown in jail who called her a racist on the street. Not worried about free speech then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Someone told her that youtube is a private company and they can remove anyone they want to right?

Someone told her that youtube is a private company and they can remove anyone they want to right?

She has to know that, but also knows you can rally gullible people to her cause by pretending she doesn’t.

Is YouTube a publisher or a platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Those lies she wrote about members of our police force can never be forgiven.
    Some even lost their jobs over that story she made up.
    Disgraceful

You seem very upset and bothered about this discussion. You seem very muddled up in your views too. One minute you consider her a parasite - the next a saintly paragon of virtue.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

You seem very upset and bothered about this discussion. You seem very muddled up in your views too. One minute you consider her a parasite - the next a saintly paragon of virtue.

I am Joey. I'm very upset. I'm entitled to be too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement