Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,752 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Take a look in the mirror and you'll see an extremist looking back at you.

Why are you standing behind him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Yes they can.

Anyways How's the hateful violent ideology you support going for you Harvey.

What's it like to be an extremist?.

Take a look in the mirror and you'll see an extremist looking back at you.

Nope you have the same ideology mass murderers have.

So what's it like to be an extremist and a danger to the people around you?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Self awareness is not a strong point for you.

Self awareness is not a strong point for you.

I get it. You know your an extremist. You know where your ideology leads you.

Have you ever thought about getting help?.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

she is using the american definition of communist i.e. anybody slightly to the left of Hitler. More imported american ****e.

In fairness, if Germa can stretch the ‘communist’ label to ‘rectangular architecture’ (damn you blockwork!) for Lidl’s with ‘transgender staff’,anything is fair game. I think she’s just taken the wingnut notion of ‘cultural marxism’ and made an ambitious solo run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,752 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

She will be exposing community centers next

The Nal wrote: »
    Seems shes cooling off on Google and today going to do a "tour of their destruction of this historic part of Dublin where our patriots died for our freedom".

lol

Wonder if she will be around Moore st etc, am in Dublin today could do with a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭Penn

She's suing PantiBliss. Not sure on the reason why yet.

Penn wrote: »
    She's suing PantiBliss. Not sure on the reason why yet.

The snarky side of me automatically came up with Probably because she thinks he looks better in a dress, but to be honest it could be anything.

Her solicitor must either be doing the work for free or is just thinking cha ching every time they hear from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,762 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

She hasn't sued anyone since she got the sack. She has threatened to but she won't because her in court, on the stand, will expose her to all sorts of questions from the defence solicitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The Nal wrote: »
    She hasn't sued anyone since she got the sack. She has threatened to but she won't because her in court, on the stand, will expose her to all sorts of questions from the defence solicitor.

I'd like to see her run and cry victim to racism or hate speech then. She usually does when anyone questions her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

gmisk wrote: »
    Ok the massage on a boat thing...massage on a boat! (is that what they died for?!?).....lol genuinely what is that about?
    Is that not a sign for an escape room on a boat?

There's a Massage Barge right beside the Escape boat - https://www.massageonabarge.ie/about-massage-on-a-barge-dublin/

Apparently it besmirches the memory of volunteers who died in 1916, despite that fact that they weren't actually in the part of Bolands Mill that is currently under development...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

As unpleasant to watch as these last few weeks and the whole rise of this little movement has been, I think it's been a stark and very important wake up call to many of us to what's actually out there, sitting in internet bubbles just stewing in its own juices. For the most part, Ireland's a very progressive, open minded and genuinely not xenophobic or racist place, but it does not mean that it's immune to problems.

Quite a few people on Twitter have been pointing this stuff out, and raising the alarm for years at this stage and it's mostly fallen on deaf ears, or the assumption that if we just don't give them the oxygen of publicity they'll disappear.

Unfortunately, in a world where political extremes can just slosh around on social media and very extreme ideologies from all sorts of sources can arrive on our shores, we absolutely need to be aware of what's going on. If we know what it is, we can keep an eye on it and challenge it where it crops up. Whether it's the far right, or islamic extremism or whatever else - it's radicalisation and an attempt at whipping up serious problems.

Also all this nonsense about Ireland being compared to a dictatorship is utterly risable . Sure, we have the odd bit of corruption (name anywhere that doesn't!), but it's probably the most polar opposite to a dictatorship or authoritarian state of any country I have ever lived in - half the time we're so bloody laid back you'd wonder if the state has any power at all. So, please call out this b/s when its uttered as there's a small % of people out there genuinely starting to believe it.

At least we now know what's out there though and we need to start actually addressing the issues that are feeding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Seems the that the theory there were people doing nazi salutes other than the guy who clearly looked like he was put there as a plant may be debunked as they were waving at the counter protests. Look I'm not going to lie some of the stuff Gemma says is mad but she has been one of the few people to raise concerns about issues with immigration and for that I must commend for.

https://youtu.be/W2ncJDkrla8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Seems the that the theory there were people doing nazi salutes other than the guy who clearly looked like he was put there as a plant may be debunked as they were waving at the counter protests. Look I'm not going to lie some of the stuff Gemma says is mad but she has been one of the few people to raise concerns about issues with immigration and for that I must commend for.
    Shocking moment when Stephen links to a racist youtube channel... Hazel Chu was subject to huge amounts of racist which Gemma egged on and engaged in last week but you no doubt think that's fine...

batgoat wrote: »
    Shocking moment when Stephen links to a racist youtube channel... Hazel Chu was subject to huge amounts of racist which Gemma egged on and engaged in last week but you no doubt think that's fine...

Sorry but please tell me how Orlared is a racist Youtube channel? And please explain how Gemma O'Doherty was egging on the racial abuse of Hazel Chu. Also please explain why Andy Ngo a conservative journalist who is of Vietnamese Armerican origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,952 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I didn't see much diversity in the counter protest

Specifically what groups were underrepresented?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Sorry but please tell me how Orlared is a racist Youtube channel? And please explain how Gemma O'Doherty was egging on the racial abuse of Hazel Chu. Also please explain why Andy Ngo a conservative journalist who is of Vietnamese Armerican origin.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1161193598005764096

That's not very subtle is it? Or how she's acting as if Hazel isn't Irish and retweeting Stefan's racist jabs here?

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1159585640767459328

In relation to how that youtube channel is racist, it's filled with videos that are obsessed with race, speculates various crimes are by immigrants with no basis. It's not subtle Stephen...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,952 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

One minute the ban is for breach of the terms of service of the platform, the next it's for breaking the law, and it has nothing to do with the rules of the platform. Make up your minds which excuse you're going to stick with.

Just slight jumping to conclusions there - noting that her incitement to hatred is against the law is not saying that the reason for being dropped off YouTube is for breaking the law.

Specifically what groups were underrepresented?

Working class people and people from the ethnic minorities that they claim to be defending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭tigger123

Working class people and people from the ethnic minorities that they claim to be defending

How do you know there was no working class people there? How do you tell from looking at someone that they're working class?

In relation to how that youtube channel is racist, it's filled with videos that are obsessed with race, speculates various crimes are by immigrants with no basis. It's not subtle Stephen...

Racist if you think anyone who is anti immigration is racist? Honestly bat do you believe people with anti immigration views are racist?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

That’s even more embarrassing. Its not enough that the ‘Patriots’ consisted mainly of Englishmen, but their movement is opposed by the very people they’re pandering to.

tigger123 wrote: »
    How do you know there was no working class people there? How do you tell from looking at someone that they're working class?

I didn't here any typical dub accents from the speakers. Working people usually have a certain appearance and middle class also have a certain appearance which is different, the majority of people there in the protest fitted from the pictures I've fitted the middle class appearance.

There have been plenty of working class speakers at Gemma's with whom you'd assoicate with being working class.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

I didn't here any typical dub accents from the speakers. Working people usually have a certain appearance and middle class also have a certain appearance which is different, the majority of people there in the protest fitted from the pictures I've fitted the middle class appearance.

There have been plenty of working class speakers at Gemma's with whom you'd assoicate with being working class.

LOL

Desperate damage control mate.

So, judgements about people based solely on what you can see. Its consistent at least.

Were you one of Gemmas supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

not all working class people are from dublin. and please tell us what this typical working class appearance is.

tigger123 wrote: »
    So, judgements about people based solely on what you can see. Its consistent at least.

Were you one of Gemmas supporters?

No but I know who her supporters are

Racist if you think anyone who is anti immigration is racist? Honestly bat do you believe people with anti immigration views are racist?

Your a racist though Stephen. Not only that you want Ireland to be run by a fascist party. Not only that you have the same ideology of mass murderers.

Your another extremist. Do you think Irish citizens want extremists like yourself near them?.

• Advertisement

No but I know who her supporters are

What is it do you think they're trying to achieve? Genuine question.

Will they be running candidates in local elections ... ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement