Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

pjohnson wrote: »
    GemGem fans seem to regularly start tangents and then run away from said tangent.

And I find it fascinating too how in this discussion they discount and brush off the experiences of hate crime targets. It says a lot.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Ok so as soon as its mentioned its travellers, people start saying ‘theyre children’ and people start unlinking them from personal responsibility or doubling down on ‘ its gemmas fault’ which is shameful, so many posters crave it being ‘alt right nazis’ But ‘ who provoked who’ come on , its clear as day that girl was attacked randomly for being muslim, for the hijab, no doubt or shade at all, youre throwing crap about needlessly
    Eh, I think everyone has said they should be convicted of a hate crime with the exception of people such as Stephen. No idea whether Gemma influenced the attack or not and already stated that. However she did actively engage in incitement to hatred and encourage this style of attack.

Now care to point out where people started saying "they're children" etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Fair enough. You can't prove it. No need to get het up about it just dont make such stupid statements again.

Gardai have also came out with a 'stupid statement', as you would put it. ""The incidents are not believed to be racially motivated".

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2019/0820/1069916-dundrum-assault-investigation/

If you're not sure what a hate crime is, look up the Bataclan, Nice, Manchester, London Bridge, Brussels, Berlin etc. It's a long list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Gardai have also came out with a 'stupid statement', as you would put it. ""The incidents are not believed to be racially motivated".

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2019/0820/1069916-dundrum-assault-investigation/

If you're not sure what a hate crime is, look up the Bataclan, Nice, Manchester, London Bridge, Brussels, Berlin etc. It's a long list.

I’ll see that bet and raise you The Crusades.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

What do you know of the crusades?

Very little I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I do not agree with that I believe sentences should be dished out fairly and equally based on the severity of the damage inflicted regardless of motive. People should be punished based on their actions not their thoughts or emotions. Also I want to see more severe punishments for crimes regardless of motive. I support the death penalty for the most heinous crimes and would like to see a three strikes policy for the more serious crimes like assault, robbery etc.

I think you would be a minority of one on this. The UN, EU and every country with a rights based constitution says otherwise.
    A crime based on targeting of a minority vs a random crime are very different things. If you are blind to that you need to have a very hard think about your motiviation to think that way.

The Crusades were fought between two opposing armies. What we're experiencing today is Muslim terrorists murdering defenceless men, women & children.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    What do you know of the crusades?

Very little I would imagine.

They are an Athletic club in Dublin. But what would you know about athletics, very little I’d imagine. Am I doing this right?

The Crusades were fought between two opposing armies. What we're experiencing today is Muslim terrorists murdering defenceless men, women & children.

Really? Like the RA is it?

Eh, the crusades had plenty of defenceless men, women and children killed alongside plenty of rapes... Regardless, terrorism doesn't give a right to ignore when Muslims are attacked because of their religion. Where the likes of Gemma encourages such attacks...

• Advertisement

Yeah yeah. Far right Christian and White Supremacist terrorism in Utoya, Batley and Spen, Christchurch and El Paso just doesnt exist apparently. Never happened. All false flags and fake news. Go on join the GO'D squad. Go on try and disgustingly brush off extreme far right terrorism as inexistent and inconsequential.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Yeah yeah. Far right Christian and White Supremacist terrorism in Utoya, Batley and Spen, Christchurch and El Paso just doesnt exist apparently. Never happened. All false flags and fake news. Go on join the GO'D squad. Go on try and disgustingly brush of extreme far right terrorism as inexistent and inconsequential.

Also can't forget how many push the conspiracies on here that those perpetrators pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Capra wrote: »
    Wasn't the Christchurch shooter a "eco-fascist"?

That's what he described himself as. It's like the way some people on here dont think they're racist. It's only reality in their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Capra wrote: »
    Ah....so if it doesn't fit the story that you want to hear then it's not real. Gotcha.
    That's a good description of what some of you think around here, that's for certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

All this is classic right-wing equivocation. Whataboutery, muddying of the waters, false equivalences, bringing up ancient historical grievances, trying to unjustifiably claim victimhood, just general nonsense and confused would-be logic. It's quite simple. Some people want to deny racism, because they're racist, and some people want to deny the existence of hate crimes against Muslims, because they're Islamophobes.

They are an Athletic club in Dublin. But what would you know about athletics, very little I’d imagine. Am I doing this right?

I'm officially calling you out.

https://youtu.be/GCLySA7V2SA

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I'm gonna make a whataboutery boomerang for this thread as the whataboutery always comes back around again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ollkiller wrote: »
    I'm gonna make a whataboutery boomerang for this thread as the whataboutery always comes back around again.

Don't insult boomerangs like that

Yeah yeah. Far right Christian and White Supremacist terrorism in Utoya, Batley and Spen, Christchurch and El Paso just doesnt exist apparently. Never happened. All false flags and fake news. Go on join the GO'D squad. Go on try and disgustingly brush off extreme far right terrorism as inexistent and inconsequential.

Nobody is denying those attacks happened, stop being a drama queen. But they're a drop in the ocean compared to what we face from their side. There's no real comparison between a handful of far-right loonies and a death cult followed by millions of people around the world.

Nobody is denying those attacks happened, stop being a drama queen. But they're a drop in the ocean compared to what we face from their side. There's no real comparison between a handful of far-right loonies and a death cult followed by millions of people around the world.

Horse****e.

You called for people who support abortion to be put against a wall and shot. Views like this are as dangerous, it just suits your warped view of humanity to try and say that you belong to a lesser numbered group.

• Advertisement

Gemma denied Christchurch happened. There you go again trying to excuse and minimise far right white christian supremacism. Why is it not a problem to you?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Gemma denied Christchurch happened. There you go again trying to excuse and minimise far right white christian supremacism. Why is it not a problem to you?

She was also on twitter calling the El Paso shooting a false flag within minutes.

The rapes in Wexford, insinuating that they were immigrants. "Not releasing a description is releasing a description" etc. She ignored it when they weren't black/brown.

This is all in the last few weeks.

Imagine how shít it would be to be her?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The Nal wrote: »
    She was also on twitter calling the El Paso shooting a false flag within minutes.

The rapes in Wexford, insinuating that they were immigrants. "Not releasing a description is releasing a description" etc. She ignored it when they weren't black/brown.

For her, it's about thowing enough sh*t and seeing which sticks. It was obvious that coming out with the false flag claims is just this without any evidence and as the incident is unfolding.

The important thing is that her name is being spoken of while these things are happening from her perspective. It drums up support, free advertisement and get's others to do her dirty work for her.

Same thing on here re the thread about the attack in Wexford with the usual posters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

So a black gang attack a Garda and slash his face with a knife, the response of a Boards moderator is to claim that the video is "a dodgy video that could have been edited by anyone" and attempts to shut down any discussion on the racial background of the perpetrators.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110940104#post110940104

Then in this case because the alleged perpetrators are white and the alleged victim is Muslim, we have several moderators pilling in claiming without any evidence whatsoever that this is a hate crime, despite the fact that the video we've seen could easily have been fabricated or "edited" just like in the case of the assaulted Garda.

I guess one case serves a narrative and the other doesn't.

Is it true that the rapers in Kilkenny left the jurisdiction?

Essentially getting away scot free

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Is it true that the rapers in Kilkenny left the jurisdiction?

Essentially getting away scot free

In a van and then a ferry to the UK I would wager.

In a van and then a ferry to the UK I would wager.

Looks that way alright. Sad situation

doylefe wrote: »
    So a black gang attack a Garda and slash his face with a knife, the response of a Boards moderator is to claim that the video is "a dodgy video that could have been edited by anyone" and attempts to shut down any discussion on the racial background of the perpetrators.

Then in this case because the alleged perpetrators are white and the alleged victim is Muslim, we have several moderators pilling in claiming without any evidence whatsoever that this is a hate crime, despite the fact that the video we've seen could easily have been fabricated or "edited" just like in the case of the assaulted Garda.

That mod warning was early doors in the thread before more videos became available online.
    If I remember correctly, the first video was mostly the back of someone's shirt and then the camera jumped around quite a bit.

• Advertisement

doylefe wrote: »

Haven't seen any CA mods doing what you claimed here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement