Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build advice please.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Typing now from the comfort of my living room couch! :)

Thanks to all who helped me, hope i wasn't too much of a pain in the hoop! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Typing now from the comfort of my living room couch! :)

Thanks to all who helped me, hope i wasn't too much of a pain in the hoop! :pac:

Did you find the fault?

jebidiah wrote: »
    Did you find the fault?

I'd like to say yes, but tbh I brought it into work to a guy that was advising me and it worked fine. So I downloaded windows, lashed in the flash drive and it's been fine ever since except one thing...

When installing win10, it gave me the option to put it on the HDD or the SSD, but since its been installed it hasn't recognised the HDD, or I can't see it anywhere. I'm not overly worried since it was recognised at install stage, it's obviously picked up somewhere - might spend a bit of time this week figuring it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is the size of your C:\ drive equal to the volume of both drives put together?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Is it a new HDD?

If so you just need to format it I'd imagine.

Windows search disk management and you should see it.

Right click on the hard drive from the list and click format. There's an option then for a quick/fast format. Use that with the default options. Should only take a few seconds then it will show up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

BloodBath wrote: »
    Is it a new HDD?

Right click on the hard drive from the list and click format. There's an option then for a quick/fast format. Use that with the default options. Should only take a few seconds then it will show up.

This probably

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Is the size of your C:\ drive equal to the volume of both drives put together?

Nope, the SSD is 480, HDD is 1gb.
    BloodBath wrote: »
    Is it a new HDD?

I tried this, but the only option was to 'initialise' the disk. Did that, but it still doesn't seem to have registered. I'll sit down properly this evening or tomorrow evening and give it a good look.

I would like to keep the SSD as clean as possible but it is brilliant - this is my first experience of one and the speed at which everything happens is excellent.

My thanks again for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yes sorry that is the option. It's been a while since I've done it. Formatting it should be part of the initialise option though.

Advertisement