Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying contact spray and blower cans

• 21-06-2019 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

For maintaining some old electronic keys, I think I need a contact cleaning spray can and a contact air blower can.

I used to get these in Maplin, but Maplin is gone and Amazon won't ship aerosols to Ireland.

Where can one buy these things in Ireland? Ideally a shop present in Limerick, but I can also get to Dublin or Cork.

Comments

RS online,
    But they are expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

ParcelMotel/AddressPal
    Dealz sometimes have the air duster cans

Air compressor!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

unless you need the cooling action you could buy a pump action sprayer in Dealz or Mr Price ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    ParcelMotel/AddressPal
    Dealz sometimes have the air duster cans

Dealz do have them but i find they spay a slight oily substance - not clean air.

I use a Vacuum cleaner - suck the dust away rather than blow it all over the room.

IPA and cotton bud is great for cleaning contacts - no scratch damage and evaporates quickly. Expensive to ship online - but a guy on Adverts sells very good IPA cheap.

I still have a can of Maplins Electrical Contact cleaner myself - and yes it is very good.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

ozmo wrote: »

I use a Vacuum cleaner - suck the dust away rather than blow it all over the room.

Aitflow cubic feet per minute is an order of magnitude less that way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

Aitflow cubic feet per minute is an order of magnitude less that way though.

Yes - I do have a small compressor - but our house dyson with the car attachment hose is very powerful - especially effective when used in combination with a clean paint brush - and I'd prefer all the dust bunnies collected in the bin not blown all over the room or garage.

There have always though been those who warn of static from vacuums - but I don't think its true - I've never had a problem vacuuming out old devices, old pcs and motherboards etc. before working on them.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭cletus

You may have got sorted already, but if not Halfords do electrical contact cleaner. Not sure about the air

Advertisement