Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carabao Cup (EFL) 2019-20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

MD1990 wrote: »
    Perreira was awful in that half alright

Surely you dont think Ole deserves more time.

Clearly not up to.
    Hopefully still in charge for the Liverpool game though

Doesnt matter what manager is there now, still would have a midfield of fred and pereira. Pogba has been a massive loss to him and mctominay injury was unlucky.

He needs 3 or 4 quality players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not sure a record drubbing here will even be enough. His old mates and his old mentor have the ear of the Glazers. A hammering will be cited as evidence that Solskjaer needs more time, more players. Only the fans turning might change it but they won't turn on a legend. The circus will go on. It's a perfect storm of sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Needs to go back to Norway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Edz87 wrote: »
    The despair in Martin Tyler's voice is glorious to behold

I just saw the opener and his reaction was very muted. I just thought he hates Liverpool, is he actually a Utd fan? He's past it anyway. I've become obsessed by peripheral figures like Tyler, Atkinson and Mourinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Utterly bizare how a manager of that standard got the utd job in the first place, even as a caretaker appointment it was baffling.
    Comes across as a nice fella, but when it comes to basic management he has'nt a clue.
    Anchelotti was a no brainer appointment for utd, can't believe they allowed him go to Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Nobody was calling him before he got the United job and it'll be similar after. Woodward clearly clinging on to him for as long as possible because he's the guy overseeing this mess and Solskjaer is out there keeping the fans at arms length, for now.

He was brought in to protect Woodward and get a boost from the fans but disaster struck when United reeled off a winning run and had to extend his contract.

• Not sure a record drubbing here will even be enough. His old mates and his old mentor have the ear of the Glazers. A hammering will be cited as evidence that Solskjaer needs more time, more players. Only the fans turning might change it but they won't turn on a legend. The circus will go on. It's a perfect storm of sh*te.

If it's 6 or 7 at least the media might turn on him which surely will put the spotlight on it

He has to go

It feels like the 92 lads have a stake in this appointment, it's fueling the acceptance of this crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Imagine paying real actual money for Fred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It was mental that he got the job, it's even madder that he has it now. The only noteworthy thing he's done as a manager was to relegate Cardiff.

He's United's Steve Staunton.

Still if Gary Neville reckons he should get another four or five transfer windows, who are we to argue?

.G. wrote: »
    Imagine paying real actual money for Fred.

50m worth of real money. An awful signing by jose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

bangkok wrote: »
    50m worth of real money. An awful signing by jose

Was Jose ever nominated for manager of the month? That's where the real achievements are.

Was Jose ever nominated for manager of the month? That's where the real achievements are.

Oles 3 signings have been good, i would give him more money to spend on players he wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Oles 3 signings have been good, i would give him more money to spend on players he wants

I agree. Give him loads more money and let him have until summer 2021 at the very least. He deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Agreed.

Chopping and changing mangers has been proven to not work.

They need to back Ole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, if anything Woodword should give Ole a contract extension. It'll stop Barca and Madrid from sniffing around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

The reading in this thread and the general thread have been a welcome dollop of amusement mayonnaise in the turd sandwich that is the 2020 version of United.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Genuinely feel City may have eased off as they know a 7-0 hiding would mean Ole would have to be sacked before the week is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Every Liverpool fan would agree with that statement...

Rashford gets one back. Probably the only positive of this season.

A 3-2 loss could give Solskjaer a moral victory and something to smile about afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Just what Ole needed, he won’t be getting the Spanish Archer anytime soon, with a bit of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Very poor defending from Otamendi. Why was he drifting towards the ball when there was already 2 players around it, let Rashford get a yard or 2 on him then when the ball was passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Are you just one of these weird fans who hates their club?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Genuinely feel City may have eased off as they know a 7-0 hiding would mean Ole would have to be sacked before the week is out.

They have. Tougher test the weekend.

Another for United here would be great. Tactical master class from Ole to keep him in the job for another while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,085 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is there away goals in this? For some reason, I don't think there is anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That attempted defending from Otamendi was somehow even worse than what Lindelof served up in the first half. He left space for Rashford to run into and then threw his hands up when he scores as if to blame someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

FitzShane wrote: »

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

FitzShane wrote: »

He just answered you there.

Rashford is a super player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He can be yes, but not consistent enough in his career. Habit of going missing for 10 games or so.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    He can be yes, but not consistent enough in his career. Habit of going missing for 10 games or so.

He is 22.

15 goals now in 15 games for club and country.

Some going

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Martin Tyler so muted, wonder why.

He is 22.

15 goals now in 15 games for club and country.

Some going

16 in 28 games for United this year. Not bad in fairness. I'd guess he'll finish the season at around 1 in 2 goal scoring rate.

Dcully wrote: »
    Martin Tyler so muted, wonder why.

Probably because it's been an uncompetitive League Cup tie, but that doesn't suit the Alex Jones brigade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Micah Richards is an awful pundit, or has an awful voice for punditry. I don't even know if he's making good points, too busy falling asleep listen to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Imagine it was Mourinho in charge, the knives would be out.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    16 in 28 games for United this year. Not bad in fairness. I'd guess he'll finish the season at around 1 in 2 goal scoring rate.

17 goals in 29 games. A great return for a young player that doesnt get too many chances per game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sad to see Fletcher as another PR man for Ole.

Another comical night under our comical manager.

I thought he didn’t look fully fit tonight.

He’s been run into the ground this season due to Oles ludicrous squad management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rashford is doing incredible with no creativity in midfield.

He looked tired tonight though.

adox wrote: »
    I thought he didn’t look fully fit tonight.

He’s been run into the ground this season due to Oles ludicrous squad management.

I actually thought that he was limping a bit early in the second half but seemed to be moving fine at the end.

• Advertisement

Sad to see Fletcher as another PR man for Ole.

Another comical night under our comical manager.

Or maybe all these pros can see the bigger picture? Look at utds midfield tonight compared to city. Ole didnt sign any of them and has pogba and mctominay out injured

https://twitter.com/ManUnitedZone_/status/1214672019926736896?s=19

A pro definitely seeing the bigger picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

bangkok wrote:
    I think Ole has to get a lot of credit for his improvement as a goalscorer. He gets blamed for everything that's wrong so I think it's only fair to give him credit for Rashford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Poor oul Ole looks snookered.

https://twitter.com/ManUnitedZone_/status/1214672019926736896?s=19

A pro definitely seeing the bigger picture.

Yep and he’s still speaking a lot of sense now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,620 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yep and he’s still speaking a lot of sense now.

That city took the foot off the pedal ? Completely correct.

"We both won a half tonight so I'm calling it a draw" - probably Ole in the dressing room at FT.

Phil foden had another good 4 mins tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

rob316 wrote: »
    Imagine it was Mourinho in charge, the knives would be out.

Plenty of Man Utd supporters want Ole to stay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

tanko wrote: »
    Plenty of Man Utd supporters want Ole to stay.

Thats the funniest part of it all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement