Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

identify this shrub please

Options
  • 21-06-2019 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭

Saw this in my sons garden. Would look great at my place. Can take a cutting, as son is in UK and dont know about importing plants.

Can anyone identify please?

HcMHvSv.jpg

pggHvMN.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its a particularly splendid version of a Euonymus. Easily obtained here, whether they do was well as that depends on the garden, soil, etc. My mother (in England) had one rather like that but slips that I brought back, while they grew, never did as well as hers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They do fine here. Take a few cuttings (wrapped in damp tissue) home with you. If you want something to plant immediately, they are available in most garden centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Perfect. Thx folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭standardg60

'Emerald gaiety' is the variety in question. Usually sold as a ground cover shrub but it will ramble up through other plants and even climb walls like ivy as it produces aerial roots.

Advertisement