Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday cash

Options
  • 21-06-2019 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I need to buy a car tomorrow (saturday) and have to get cash/bank draft/bitcoin/wtf.

Is my money stuck in the bank until Monday, where I've to take a day off work to collect my money?

Is there anywhere in this country where I'm allowed access my money when im not in my 9-5?

I'm Premier, although it doesn't seem to matter.. I might be an AIB customer if this isn't resolved.

Looking to withdraw under 5k..

Please help me keep my account open!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Thanks for the let down BOI, off to close my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Wez wrote: »

You'll have to wait until Monday.

OhHiMark wrote: »

You'll have to wait until Monday.
    Tee hee, however that's possible to do from the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

4:20pm on a Friday afternoon surely wasn’t the best time to ask this question...you didn’t now you needed the money until then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Bank transfer? You could have taken it from an ATM over a couple of days but too late for that now You’ll have the same problem with most banks as far as I know. Although I think Ulster Bank does open for a half day on a Saturday but don’t know if they have cash service on a Saturday.

If you’re a premier customer you have a premier phone line you can call which would surely give you a quicker answer than boards on the weekend

• Advertisement

Transfer takes 3 days, would you risk that as a seller?

Called them got an extremely vague answer, tried reserving notes via the app; not until Monday.

The car only came for sale today and there are buyers lined up.

I've a relative spotting me until I can reach my own monies..

Thanks though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Surely go to a bank that opens on a Saturday morning, pay the fee for the bankers draft and use your debit card to pay the total cost as if it was a transaction. It may get flagged and stopped so call them first to advise of a large payment going through soon.

Or have I misread the op?

Or send yours of a western union, do the transaction online and send it to b picked up at a cash location. Again a fee and a call to the fraud dept first to warn them but a workaround. Western union let’s you do up to 5k

Or send yours of a western union, do the transaction online and send it to b picked up at a cash location. Again a fee and a call to the fraud dept first to warn them but a workaround. Western union let’s you do up to 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Several branches are open on Saturdays

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/campaigns/saturday-morning-mortgage-appointments/#panel2

Or do a credit transfer to the owner. It’ll take a few days but he might prefer it over cash.

• Advertisement

Thanks Andy! Good suggestions, will keep them in mind.

Well ted1, try going to Ranelagh BOI of a Saturday and see how they're a 'non-cash' branch.

Happened to me last weekend while preparing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Happened to me last weekend while preparing.

Band drafts?
    If you learnt a lesson why not do something before COB on a Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Car gone on sale today and seller expects someone to have 5k the next day (on a Saturday) - hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

You need to learn that not everything is available 24/7 or on demand. No offence, but this post sounds like you have zero patience.

Throwing a tantrum won't make the banks do what you want. It might have worked with your parents but this is the real world!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

You're being very unfair. You gave little notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi there,

I need to buy a car tomorrow (saturday) and have to get cash/bank draft/bitcoin/wtf.

Is my money stuck in the bank until Monday, where I've to take a day off work to collect my money?

Is there anywhere in this country where I'm allowed access my money when im not in my 9-5?

I'm Premier, although it doesn't seem to matter.. I might be an AIB customer if this isn't resolved.

Looking to withdraw under 5k..

Please help me keep my account open!

Hi Wes,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and apologies about the delay in responding to you.

Some branches are open on a Saturday morning however there is a no cash service. If you wish to withdraw 5,000 in cash this will need to be done in branch within the opening hours of 10am to 4pm or from an ATM over a number of days. Please see here for services available in the branch of your choosing.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please do feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement