Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback Thread 2019

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ah here I was using triggered long before you lads made it cool,this thread is insane all we have to do is not be dicks, it's really not that difficult

somewhat paradoxically I hate the use of the "I'm out" term. You haven't won the argument and no-one cares but I'll continue to support the right to use it
    I'm out.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Where has this buzz word 'triggered' come from? It's quite irritating

It means, you're Jason Mc Ateer. A bit wet between the ears.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ah here I was using triggered long before you lads made it cool,this thread is insane all we have to do is not be dicks, it's really not that difficult

somewhat paradoxically I hate the use of the "I'm out" term. You haven't won the argument and no-one cares but I'll continue to support the right to use it
    I'm out.

'On the front foot' is my own kryptonite. It has come to prominence in football commentary this past season or so, and the sound of Martin Tyler shouting 'Aguerrrrrro' is honestly less grating to my soul than that phrase.

The only time 'Triggered' annoys me is when I read about the likes of Chris Smalling, Phil Jones or Ashley Young having a one year contract extension triggered at United. It's actually refreshing/a relief for me to read the word when it is not used in that horrific context.

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Anyone abusing the thanks system deserves infraction, otherwise it's grand.

A few lads were abusing it during the season if I recall. It stopped so the mods sorted it out I assume. Job done and everyone moved on.

Now that your here, any word on what you were on about yesterday before you were questioned on it?

Triggered!

/sorry!

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Triggered!

/sorry!

Ah didn't think so. Your OP was bolox so!

Triggered! ;)

Ah didn't think so. You OP was bolox so!

Triggered! ;)

Yes indeed. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Some would say people thanking or liking posts is bullying apparently 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Huh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Jesus Christ even in a feedback thread there is petty arguing so there is really no hope for main threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Hopefully this thread is a ruse by the mods to see what posters need to be weeded out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I debated thanking that post in case I was putting my neck in a noose

Until reading this thread I was unaware of the thanks button being used for anything but agreeing with a specific post or opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

I'd argue that any poster currently serving any kind of thread ban should not be taken seriously or seen to be commenting from an objective POV when they suggest fewer rules.

Lloyd was thread banned for soap boxing. Hardly 25 to life for murder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Some would say people thanking or liking posts is bullying apparently 🀣

Fred going around like a stalker thanking *everything* a utd fan posts in an argument, regardless of content, isnt bullying.

I agree with you there.

I'm not sure what it is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

noodler wrote: »
    Fred going around like a stalker thanking *everything* a utd fan posts in an argument, regardless of content, isnt bullying.

I agree with you there.

Ahh so it's changed to calling out posters in yne feedback thread now...

Im gonna go grab the popcorn and sit back as this one plays out.

Peatys wrote: »

You can't commit or be tried for murder on Boards, so don't know where you are going with your comparison. Pretty pointless post tbh which does nothing to change or challenge my original point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I agree with you there.

This is some weird obsession you have with Fred thanking posts, this is the 2nd time in as many posts you have brought Fred up. United fan agrees with United fan, wow shock horror. But its utter hypocrisy that you are singling out and naming Fred here and not even acknowledging your buddy in the Liverpool thread doing the exact same thing.

You can't commit or be tried for murder on Boards, so don't know where you are going with your comparison. Pretty pointless post tbh which does nothing to change or challenge my original point.

Ok. I'm just disagreeing with you and your take that someone who is thread banned for soap boxing shouldn't have an opinion on rules on a feedback thread.

How you could take the 25 to life for murder literally is strange. But horses for courses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

I agree with you there.

The larger question is why does it bother you and many other liverpool fans? It clearly does bother you as you have referenced it here, it clearly bothers many other liverpool fans as it's been a topic of conversation on a number of occasions in the lfc thread over the last 12 months.

As I've previously said, its utterly bizarre how someone thanking a post, or posts, annoys so many people. David Attenborough would probably be able to get a one hour documentary out of the strange hive mind on show.

Ok. I'm just disagreeing with you and your take that someone who is thread banned for soap boxing shouldn't have an opinion on rules on a feedback thread.

How you could take the 25 to life for murder literally is strange. But horses for courses.

I didnt see any warning that Lloyd was threadbanned for soapboxing, it was pretty straightforward that he was threadbanned for winding up the United thread.. it's a big difference

I didn't say I took it literally, just fail to see what you are comparing it to in terms of Boards infractions. If soapboxing is minor, what is a 'murder' infraction? Calling people severely abusive names?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Thread summary.
    Fred thanks posts, Fred says triggered, Fred posts gifs. Boohoo, save us from big bad Fred.

I didn't say I took it literally, just fail to see what you are comparing it to in terms of Boards infractions. If soapboxing is minor, what is a 'murder' infraction? Calling people severely abusive names?

Ah, i get you now.

Feedback thread is an ill fitting name

United and Liverpool fan he said she said whingefest more like.

Why in the name of holy jaysus anyone allows an anonymous person on a footballing forum bother them and get under their skin is astounding.

Learn to ignore people and at the end of the day its only a game ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'd argue that any poster currently serving any kind of thread ban should not be taken seriously or seen to be commenting from an objective POV when they suggest fewer rules.

Well this is where you’re getting mixed up. I didn’t fall foul of the rules, Beasty used his *discretion* on that one. Which is the grand irony, as you constantly reference a mod action to undercut observations you dislike when the nature of that mod action is what you seemingly seek to eliminate by more charter and stricter adherence to it.

From my side, I can trenchantly disagree with an individual mod action yet happily allow more moderator discretion because overall I can see that they’re doing an excellent job with the forum, and it’s as good as it’s been in a long time.

So I obviously agree with you on one point: more objectivity is required from many frequent contributors to this feedback thread...

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    overall I can see that they’re doing an excellent job with the forum, and it’s as good as it’s been in a long time.

Agreed. Best it has been in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Trigger wrote: »
    I didnt see any warning that Lloyd was threadbanned for soapboxing, it was pretty straightforward that he was threadbanned for winding up the United thread.. it's a big difference

That was exactly the reason. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, Beasty made a call to take the heat out of the thread. I strongly disagreed with the call but I understand he was being put under huge pressure and I’m happy for the mod team overall to be empowered to make such calls.

• LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That was exactly the reason. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, Beasty made a call to take the heat out of the thread. I strongly disagreed with the call but I understand he was being put under huge pressure and I’m happy for the mod team overall to be empowered to make such calls.

Who was putting Beasty under huge pressure? It just gets better and better :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jaysus back to talking about Lloyd again.

Whoever gets thread banned gets it for breaching rules its obvious to see that anyone who has faced discipline due to rule breaks would naturally want those rules removed so they can troll away to their hearts content. Naturally they can't be expected to provide reliable feedback.

• Advertisement

So are you accusing Beasty of being biased against you and for United supporters? It certainly reads that way and knowing what Beasty is like on Boards, I would seriously doubt he would bow to any "pressure".

Hang on a sec, I thought there was no mod/admin bias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So your saying a mod is taking Action now because of outside influences? That's quiet accusation there...... Something that's been jumped on previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Who was putting Beasty under huge pressure? It just gets better and better :P

All those reports he made up a few weeks ago probably.

Also the idea that a feckin ADMIN got peer pressured into having to sacrifice a good respectable poster to appease the mob is hilarious in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Any chance this thread can be left open all year? At least then the bickering can be kept in one place :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

This thread is no longer about feedback. We will be back to you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ok, so after discussing this for the last few weeks, the below changes have been agreed and will be implemented from today.
    Below is the new totting up process for the forum.
    • 1st yellow - Warning
    • 2nd yellow / 1 red - 2 week ban
    • 3rd yellow - 3 month ban
    • 4th yellow - 6 month ban, and reapply
    • 5th yellow - Permanent ban
    Note - the new totting up process starts from right now.
    • Thread bans are going to be used more frequently now. These are separate from the forum bans, and will be used to keep posters out of threads that they are only going in to wind people up. 1 month ban for first offence, 3 months for 2nd, 6 months for 3rd. Mods will review your access after that, and it will be at their discretion to allow you back in the thread.
    • These bans will also carry over to any new threads that are created (i.e. new versions of superthreads). Anyone posting in a thread that they are banned in will get an immediate red card, which will be applied to the forum totting up system.
    • So, if for example you get a yellow in the United thread, you'll receive a warning on the forum and a 1 month thread ban. Next offence will be a 2 week forum ban, and if it's in the United thread, a 3 month thread ban. If it was in the Liverpool thread, you get a 2 week forum ban and that's it. This is all assuming it is your first offence.
    • Anyone saying "I know i'll get a card for this" or declaring that they are going to another thread to wind up the opposition (even if thinly veiled) will be given an immediate 1 month ban. If you know you shouldn't say something, don't.
    • The rule against abusing players will have to be tightened. We originally allowed some leeway for heat of the moment type comments (i.e. "How did you miss that you ****ing idiot!"), but that led to mods being accused of inconsistencies and bias. So from now on, any abusive language directed towards a player/manager/ref, regardless of what they just did (or how justified it is), will be carded.
    • Offending posts will not be deleted from now on, but the text will be replaced with a mod note. This is to clear up any question of if there is anything being done on offending posts. As per the charter, there is to be no discussion of mod decisions in-thread - take it to PM if you have any questions.
    • The Humour thread is fine. If you don't like some of the posts against your team....tough. If it's not abusive or offensive, it's not something you get to report.

Any questions or issues with these changes can be PM'd to me or the other mods, and will be discussed amongst ourselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement