Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Plants

Options
  • 21-06-2019 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I am moving house in the next couple of weeks and will be bringing my potted plants with me. However, I have a strawberry plant in the garden and would like to repot it and bring with me. Thing is, it has berries out but they are not ripe yet. Will I do damage to the plant if I move it now while it's in bloom? Will I kill the berries? I have other plants in the garden but I will probably leave them, but I do want the strawberry to come too.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They're quite resilient, if you take a fair bit of soil around the root system it's going to be ok. The berries won't suffer, unless they're very tiny (they're picked for the shops when they're still white), and even then there's a good chance they'll be ok. If not, the plant will be grand and produce more flowers.

Advertisement