Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD i70: Replaced sensor battery, now can't clear tamper fault

• 21-06-2019 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi there,

One of the sensors (wireless shock/contact on a window) reported a low battery on my GSD i70 alarm. I removed the sensor cover, and replaced the battery, and replaced the cover, but now it complains of a tamper fault and I cannot seem to clear it.

I removed and replaced the cover a second time in case I hadn't reseated it correctly or something, but that didn't help.

The system sets fine from the panel, but I have to override the tamper fault each time I set it. I no longer seem to be able to set it from the app (though the app still works otherwise)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

dologhli wrote: »
    Hi there,

One of the sensors (wireless shock/contact on a window) reported a low battery on my GSD i70 alarm. I removed the sensor cover, and replaced the battery, and replaced the cover, but now it complains of a tamper fault and I cannot seem to clear it.

I removed and replaced the cover a second time in case I hadn't reseated it correctly or something, but that didn't help.

The system sets fine from the panel, but I have to override the tamper fault each time I set it. I no longer seem to be able to set it from the app (though the app still works otherwise)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Was there any sort of small spring that could have popped out?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dologhli

Thanks for the suggestion. No, there was no spring or anything that came out. I just checked another sensor (removed its cover and replaced) and there was no spring under that one either.

The sensor seems to work otherwise -- the alarm correctly reports window open/closed etc. When the cover is removed, the panel immediately shows a fault (red light) which goes away once the cover is replaced, so it's correctly detecting the removal of the cover (my "tampering" :) )

Of course, now that I have removed and replaced the second window sensor, the panel now reports TWO tamper faults, each of which has to be manually acknowledged with each set.

Is there something in the alarm unit that one has to do after removing/replacing a cover to permanently accept that something happened? I don't have the installer code to access any advanced menus, unfortunately.

I tried to inhibit the affected zones just to get to a state where I can set/unset the alarm via the app, but no luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 Donnacha_

press the Continue soft key the keypad will reset the fault

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I have the exact same issue and pressing continue doesn't permanently clear the fault.

Can't set the alarm via the app as a result now.

I am also getting a "warning: inputs inhibited - communications" warning on the keypad when I go through the alarm set routine.

With a gsd alarm is battery replacement in the sensors and clearing tamper faults an engineer call out job? Surely not?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭altor

spockety wrote: »
    Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I have the exact same issue and pressing continue doesn't permanently clear the fault.

Can't set the alarm via the app as a result now.

I am also getting a "warning: inputs inhibited - communications" warning on the keypad when I go through the alarm set routine.

With a gsd alarm is battery replacement in the sensors and clearing tamper faults an engineer call out job? Surely not?!

Once you fix the fault and acknowledge it should clear them.
    Here is a link to the user manual.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Thanks for that but the manual doesn't seem to cover this.

Does anyone know how to access the engineers menus?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dologhli

OP here, I ended up calling out the installer who also could not clear the fault. However, it was running quite old firmware which he upgraded. No problems since. Of course, I've had no batteries run out since either...

spockety wrote: »
    Thanks for that but the manual doesn't seem to cover this.

Does anyone know how to access the engineers menus?

If acknowledging the fault does not clear it then you may have another issue.
    Id advise getting installer in to look at it.

dologhli wrote: »
    OP here, I ended up calling out the installer who also could not clear the fault. However, it was running quite old firmware which he upgraded. No problems since. Of course, I've had no batteries run out since either...

Same as, deleting and learning in sensors again to clear a fault should not be the case with any system.

Advertisement