Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about using Revolut card in the US.

• 22-06-2019 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Looking for clarification on this please;

If I have both Euro US Dollars in my Revolut account, when I use the card in the US will the transaction be debited from the US or the Euro account?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Dollar account first, then Euro account, I think. Providing there's enough money in either account to make the transaction. Revolut won't make deductions from both accounts, you need enough in one of the accounts for the transaction to be made.
    Easiest thing is to just leave it all in Euro, and let Revolut do the currency exchange, with the added benefit of then knowing the euro equivalent of each transaction from the Revolut app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you have any issues with declined transactions at the till, ask them to process it as a credit card.
    You will get a pin option then and the transaction will go through. Some shops only allow sign for debit and it can fail.

Advertisement