Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I met a homeless Mother on the street

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Greentopia wrote: »

They remarked on seeing so much homelessness and some anti-social behaviour-kids on the LUAS acting up, and also that Dublin wasn't anywhere near as clean or organised as they are used to in most German cities. They weren't complaining, I just heard them say it to each other in German.
    My guy said it had some interesting places but he preferred Amsterdam. They did both say they found people friendly and kind there though, as they did in the rest of the country.

In fairness they mustn't get out much, nowhere is as clean or organised as German cities. In saying that check out Hamburg, Reeperbahn etc, hookers everywhere hassling you and bottles smashing and fights etc. It's an amazing city but also has a seedy side.
    I don't know if it's some post colonial thing here, we never really had a Government people cared for, even when we got independence it was split down the middle and there was civil war, people don't have the same civic pride and respect for authority.
    Then again Germany only rebuilt since the bloody Nazis destroyed half the world, but ze Churmans are a special case in just being bloody good at everything.

Advertisement