Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW 1070

Options
  • 22-06-2019 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all looking for a bit of advice.
    Purchased a house recently that has a HKC alarm system, the mainboard has a sticker with SW-1070 V1.04 on it and the mainboard has model SW 10/20 printed on it. I assume I have a SW-1070 system.
    During renovations a tradesman knocked the keypad completely off the wall. I was able to reattach and rewire the keypad so I could deactivate the alarm. Problem now is the back of the keypad is shattered to bits and I have a bit of electrical tape holding the tamper switch in.
    I'd like to replace the keypad myself as funds are very tight but having trouble finding the info I need. The keypad had a sticker with RKP SL V1.5 on it, can i replace it with a new HKC SW-RKP SL that are readily available online?
    If I do purchase it myself I'm comfortable wiring it and attaching it to the wall Im just worried about compatibility issues, or that that i will have to reprogram the system from scratch.
    Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donnacha_

You might need to upgrade the firmware on the panel

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

To be 100% sure, you could make direct contact HKC. I have contacted them several times, they are a helpful lot that provide excellent support.
    See link:

https://www.hkcsecurity.com/ie/contact/

Advertisement