Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping bike from Germany

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

blade1 wrote: »
    I'll have to come through Wales somewhere Wonda, either Pembroke or Holyhead.
    Also,there will be no reg. plate on the bike :eek:

Not a hope.

Rent a van, or get someone to pick it up.

For me without a van, id get someone to pick it up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well its usually the A55 that the cops set up home on, but if the bike dos not even have a reg plate I would not ride it on public roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yeah,I was hoping there would be some document I could get to cover me but apparently not.
    I've been onto a few couriers and also Aprilia Performance UK said they'll get a few quotes from UK companies.
    But so far after trying 3 here it looks like €360 to my door.

Bike is paid for now so no going back now (and not a horse to be seen) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I did the Ovelanders option too. Same price as above, but it was only when I got home to see it that I realised there were one or two, eh, extras!

There was a box of spares and complete spare engine! No extra charge :)

Could not recommend them highly enough. I couldn't go to see the bike. The guys in Memmingen did a once over when the bike was dropped off and because they knew what they were looking at, gave it the thumbs up, and did a call to reassure .

Top blokes.

Ted's trucking collecting the bike next Tuesday and I might have it on Thursday.
    So that means around 2 sleeps 'til new bike!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Plenty of pics mate (Like I need to ask lol)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Plenty of pics mate (Like I need to ask lol)

Pics?
    Me?
    If you insist!:D

It's coming with some goodies!

This for starters

2mount2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Google Phil Gunn in Cork. He does regular trips to Europe and has a long history in biking circles. I've also used Overlanders. If your bike has no plates then just pay someone of the above names to do it for you.

Google Phil Gunn in Cork. He does regular trips to Europe and has a long history in biking circles. I've also used Overlanders. If your bike has no plates then just pay someone of the above names to do it for you.

Bike is now with me,thanks for the info though! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

blade1 wrote: »
    Bike is now with me,thanks for the info though! ;)

Ahem, and the exhaustive round of pictures?

Jees, standards, people, standards ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement