Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Friends

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

I’m just having a laugh. It looks like she picked me for no obvious reason so I’m not cleared.

But some people were using her behavior as a way to throw shade on me. People can’t have it every which way “throw shade on others when it may look bad but completely dismiss or ignore it when the opposite Happens”. In this instance Barbara turned up good so anybody who had to me down as suspicious mostly because of Barbara’s comments should reappraise that notion.

Now if you will excuse me I must get back to some important business I was attending to.

giphy.gif

Only catching up on thread now. You are right of course Gertie. My only slight suspicion of you was based on babs flipping bad so I no longer have reason to be suspicious.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Ok so the whole dentist convo....

Started by Holly
    Holly WW wrote: »
    Isla. How sharp are your incisors?
    Isla WW wrote: »
    My dentist says they're in fine form. How are your gnashers?

Isla brings up the dentist though first
    Blunt as F*ck. Is your dentist a vet by any chance?

Responded to by Holly again, quite the chat about dentists
    Nah she's a human dentist. And by that I mean she is a human and she dentists for humans.

Then why does she allow you into her practice?
    Because my incisors are so good she makes an exception ;)

Back and forth and back and forth until convo ends.

Then when I went looking deeper on Holly.... Oh Holly this could be a horrible mistake but....

Oh wolfy oh wolfy, please come out to play. Show us your sharpies and please spare your prey. We swear to be friendly and kill you quite quick. So tell us your name now and don't be a .....

We'll find you and kill you and all of your friends. The village will win this, no need to pretend. We'll analyse votes and pick up on your roles. And all of you furballs will die, you ........

Come on the village we'll easily win. The Wolfie's and sk will weave lies and spin. They'll try to confuse us and f*ck with our heads. But at the end of it all, they'll be the ones dead!!!!

References teeth again

The only thing in my teeth is clumps of fur! Have your coffee, lash your specs on and get to FFAing.

And again this morning.

Oh Hollypop are you trying to communicate with your wolfy brethren?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Just putting it out there. This here first post by Barbara deserves it’s own award. Brilliant GIF considering she drew both baddies to her.

Does anyone else think this post about breadcrumbs could be the actual breadcrumb post?

I’ve bolded the possible clue.

Posting that GIF was genius knowing what we now know :D

Tell me what Betty means as I haven’t the foggiest.

Following up on this as Gabriel never replied to Isla only Wendy responded.

Keeping the quotes together to show response.

Barbara was making a claim? Where?

Like this idea, Katie. In essence we have an SK seer.

Frustrated all morning as I had started to read the thread from the beginning quoting what I wanted to chat about and then I couldn’t load the next page! I had to go back and requote the babs gif and a few others and I’m sure I’m missing another post about breadcrumbs.

Are you accusing me of being Mindy here Brendan? I’m not, neither am I Bobby, just an NRV talking about odd socks, if I’d known it could be related to secret meanings I would have stayed away from the topic

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

I was the first to mention a dentist but you brought up teeth first Holly.

That would be too obvious though no? Neither side are going to go hey I'm Barry or hey on Mindy convert me. It's gotta be much more suitable or code like than that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    So you’re claiming real life got in the way??
    BUT you were on-line doing an ISO at the time, not off working or not working or having coffee with friends.
    You were somewhere with ur head stuck in this game!
    IMO the time around munch is the most tense, I’ve never been a wolf but as a villager I’m on tender hooks to see if I’ll survive. I certainly wouldn’t be on-line and forget about munch time.

Ur explanation here has made you sound much dodgier IMO

Great points Fiona. Your gut reactions here are bang on the money. I need to review what you've been saying.

• Advertisement

Katie WW wrote: »
    Ok so the whole dentist convo....

Started by Holly

Isla brings up the dentist though first

Responded to by Holly again, quite the chat about dentists

Back and forth and back and forth until convo ends.

Then when I went looking deeper on Holly.... Oh Holly this could be a horrible mistake but....

References teeth again

And again this morning.

Oh Hollypop are you trying to communicate with your wolfy brethren?

This is hilarious. I wish I knew what I was doing there. I always talk about wolves as furballs with sharp teeth. Just so happens that this specific game seems to have some underlying story that corrresponds.

If anything I'm happy I've muddied the waters for Barry.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

BUT you were on-line doing an ISO at the time, not off working or not working or having coffee with friends.
    IMO the time around munch is the most tense, I’ve never been a wolf but as a villager I’m on tender hooks to see if I’ll survive. I certainly wouldn’t be on-line and forget about munch time.

Fiona I'm not claiming real life got in the way. I'm saying we are not all paper cut outs of each other. I gave a number of different reasons why, you said there was no universe, and yet I gave you a number of options. I didn't say which one, if any were mine.

Not everyone's brain works the same so to say that because you do something that everyone must be list that is IMO exactly what Barbs was trying to say. We need to be more open

I was doing the ISO. I got absorbed in it and lost track. My inital reaction when I posted it and realised the time was, balls I might be dead. Found the Wendy post, assumed I was okay, posted again and only then saw the Barbs post.
    Sorry if that doesn't meet your narrow view of the world, but there it is

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Are you accusing me of being Mindy here Brendan? I’m not, neither am I Bobby, just an NRV talking about odd socks, if I’d known it could be related to secret meanings I would have stayed away from the topic

You are one of four suspects, Fiona. I’ll do a full ISO of you when I’m home.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Might not be on too much more, but will try to change that, want to at least get this in although it is early and could change too

#FFA1

1. Holly - moved on from munch very quickly putting in an FFA etc, her reactions to what happened have also been questioned and the dentist posts suggest Barry or Mindy potentially

2. Katie - Day 1 can be week but saying she read win conditions when there were none makes her seem more like a helpful wolf than a villager imo. Maybe if less wolves were doing ISOs last game i'd not be as suspicious

3. Isla - only realized how pockety she is when pointed out. 40 coats is re-born and is in on the dentist chat

Sorry girls I could be completely wrong about this

657ac95dc8daca1808a19be2e100928a.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Fiona you’ve just came into the spotlight with these two posts..

I had said when I thought Phil ISOd Wendy it made no sense as she was shot not munched/SK kill so he wouldn’t have known she would die. This makes even less sense as Jake is still here. My reading is that he was doing the ISO and didn’t realise the time, they’re an absolute soul destroyer doing them so I could understand that.

I really REALLY dislike it when people claim NRV so early. It’s not even about being an NRV but just because someone suspects you does not mean you should say what you are. NRVs protect RVs and limiting the pool that RVs can hide in is never a good thing. You could have responded to that post without claiming anything, it’s what you say that matters when someone suspects you, not what you are.

I don’t know I just find these two posts very odd and I know wolves love a good NRV claim because it can’t be disproven

• Advertisement

You are one of four suspects, Fiona. I’ll do a full ISO of you when I’m home.

I’ll be glad of the ISO, it’s a good way to clear ones self, although I’d say you’ll just come down as neutral, I haven’t pressed to hard on anyone, just pointed out strange things as I’ve seen them

Jake WW wrote: »
    Might not be on too much more, but will try to change that, want to at least get this in although it is early and could change too

#FFA1

1. Holly - moved on from munch very quickly putting in an FFA etc, her reactions to what happened have also been questioned and the dentist posts suggest Barry or Mindy potentially

657ac95dc8daca1808a19be2e100928a.gif

You are VERY wrong.

Munch move explained before. And I put all my thoughts and musings out on the thread for perusal. When questioned on my reactions (by a single person) I gave my response and that one person agreed that my points were valid and was happy with my response.

The mindy barry crap I can't defend as I'd be jumping on me too. All I'll say on that is that I'm neither, and you'd be wasting a vote on me. Unless you're trying to start a bandwagon to keep the baddies safe.

#FFA1

2. Katie - Day 1 can be week but saying she read win conditions when there were none makes her seem more like a helpful wolf than a villager imo. Maybe if less wolves were doing ISOs last game i'd not be as suspicious

3. Isla - only realized how pockety she is when pointed out. 40 coats is re-born and is in on the dentist chat

Such a bandwagony FFA from top to bottom.

Not a single thought of your own in there, you're just parrotting others as your own opinions.

Not to mention the fact I'm being FFAed by you for being 'a helpful wolf' yet Isla makes your FFA after it was ME that pointed out she was being pockety.

Straight up to the top of my list of wolves with a bullet after this.

@Angus I’d disagree on the NRV thing, if I don’t defend myself you’re seen as not denying a claim against you. So whether I was wolf, RV or NRV I would claim NRV just to be seen to deny a claim against you

@Brendan I only have my own experience of playing to judge how other people play, so I put myself in their shoes and think about what I would do in their situation. That’s what I did with you and I can’t understand how u miss the 10am munch

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

I’m not part of the 10am conversation, Fiona

It’ll be later this evening before I get to do an FFA

#FFA1

1. Jake the Snake - bandwagon FFA is the wolfiest thing yet in the thread.

2. Nigel - felt he was fishing for information from Orla earlier and also made a similar comment yesterday

3. Eva - low posting fluff with 0 substance

I’m not part of the 10am conversation, Fiona

Sorry that should have read Phil

@Angus I’d disagree on the NRV thing, if I don’t defend myself you’re seen as not denying a claim against you. So whether I was wolf, RV or NRV I would claim NRV just to be seen to deny a claim against you

@Phil I only have my own experience of playing to judge how other people play, so I put myself in their shoes and think about what I would do in their situation. That’s what I did with you and I can’t understand how u miss the 10am munch

Post above edited to have Phil not Brendan

You are VERY wrong.

Munch move explained before. And I put all my thoughts and musings out on the thread for perusal. When questioned on my reactions (by a single person) I gave my response and that one person agreed that my points were valid and was happy with my response.

The mindy barry crap I can't defend as I'd be jumping on me too. All I'll say on that is that I'm neither, and you'd be wasting a vote on me. Unless you're trying to start a bandwagon to keep the baddies safe.

What I'd expect someone in your situation to say but at least your saying it.
    Such a bandwagony FFA from top to bottom.

Not a single thought of your own in there, you're just parrotting others as your own opinions.

Not to mention the fact I'm being FFAed by you for being 'a helpful wolf' yet Isla makes your FFA after it was ME that pointed out she was being pockety.

Straight up to the top of my list of wolves with a bullet after this.

tbh I said I was catching up and will readily admit that I have grabbed some things others said for example The Dentist thing jumped out at me and I was the first to quote it when it was said. Your not being FFAd for being a helpful wolf your being FFAd for your win conditions gaff but I'll admit you are leading the village more than most (so my vote probably wouldn't be on you now) but the last game made me not neccesarily trust players just cos they are active doing isos etc

• Advertisement

It’ll be later this evening before I get to do an FFA

Same. Things have moved on nicely since this morning so I need to reevaluate my current list.

Hopefully have an updated reads list a couple of hours before lynch.

@Brendan I only have my own experience of playing to judge how other people play, so I put myself in their shoes and think about what I would do in their situation. That’s what I did with you and I can’t understand how u miss the 10am munch

I think there is a difference for some between the need to defend yourself and the need to claim NRV. the thing is imo a RV, NRV and a Wolf or SK would probably all claim that anyway so it really does not change much.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Ok so Gabriel...

I had the same thought about Angus's post tbh. Nice enough opener.

Bit of confusion over the auto-priest here, meh. NAI

Fluff

Fluff

Reference to Babs. Can't disagree :)

Dream fluffy talk, clarifies re: Auto-priest.

More fluffy dream talk

Pockety enough on Isla here.

Meh.

Responds to Babs. Gabs actually has a lot of interactions with Babs (second to me probably), it's why I wanted to go over his posts.

More pockety stuff with Isla and the 'village gang'

Moo point.

Clarifying the mix up Holly had between Gabs and Henry

First bit of aggression from Gabs towards Babs. More humourous than overly aggressive but let's see...

Caveats his point, could do it as wolf or village. Kinda hedgy if I squint at it.

Babs mention of being in a backroom with Gabs, pretty much proven at this point lol.

Meh, the fur mention at the end is a little shady but I can buy it in the context of the a)joke and b) conversation.

Yeah this is why I came to Gabs. How do you feel about Gertie now given Babs flipped village?

Agreeing with Tegan who made the same point.

Meh.

Meh.

Again on about Babs.

Hmmm now this is interesting, given his last comment the previous night. Possible that evil Gabs saw the tide turn and decided to hedge? First kinda wolfy post in the context of his other ones.

Challenges Eva, see above Gabs. Not overtly wolfy but based off your previous statements I can see where the thought came from. Then again Eva... that's for another ISO

Cos they were seperate kills :)

How the hell would Wendy be the vig? I don't understand this post

Talk of the jailkeep. Evidently Wendy's shooter was not blocked so it's a moo point

Again, read the munch announcement, both sets of evils are referenced

Conclusions:

Mildly village I think. I'd like to see more wolf hunting from Gabs, they seem oddly fixated on Babs on a read back so will be interesting to see:

A) his thoughts on Gertie
    B) his other suspects now at this point.

The fixation is a little wolfy, but then again most of the thread was Babs focused till she was munched so I can sort of understand that.

I think that’s a fair enough assessment Katie. I’ve already posted in reply to Gertie that I take back my suspicions on her. I would have her as a neutral lean at the moment.

My only other suspect at this point is Holly. In a game with wolves and a SK I don’t see how anyone is not expecting two kills this morning. It comes across to me as trying to distance herself from the kills.

tbh I said I was catching up and will readily admit that I have grabbed some things others said for example The Dentist thing jumped out at me and I was the first to quote it when it was said. Your not being FFAd for being a helpful wolf your being FFAd for your win conditions gaff but I'll admit you are leading the village more than most (so my vote probably wouldn't be on you now) but the last game made me not neccesarily trust players just cos they are active doing isos etc

Nah, you literally just picked the three most talked about posters and hurled them onto your FFA, it stinks to high heaven of hopping on a wagon.

Can't defend the win cons thing, legit thought I'd read it in the OP but after Conor pulled me up I dunno where I got it from, must have just assumed they were there.

But consider this if you are village, if I was a wolf/SK would I not ask for clarification on that rather than blurt it on the thread?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

So here is what I think of people so far:
    Katie: I am willing to look past the win conditions for the moment. I think it was a genuine mistake. Seems actively trying to help the village and so is a goodie for me.
    Holly: Like the idea of pointing a few fingers. Not sure I buy into the Mindy/Barry angle that Brendan has alluded to.
    Tegan: Pretty suspicious of her so far. Comes in with “nice and active day 0” then offers nothing else yesterday. Today she keeps harping on about the Conor/Katie win-con thing which to me is just keeping the thread nice and “active” to use her own word. But active over something that I believe to be not important. Trying to create cover and confusion……just as a wolf would.
    Conor: Like his posting style. Seems to be constructive and proactive in everything he has done so far. Goodie
    Phil: I really want to like Phil but there is something that is off in your posts for me. For example welcoming new players to the game but then asking what a Wolf Cub is I don’t really buy the argument that there was something dodgy with your Jake ISO and your tables were useful. I really hope you are good.
    Gerty: Gifs and some apparently useful posts this morning.
    Abigail: Nothing of use so far
    Brendan: Very quiet until now. At least has an FFA up but with it revolving purely around mentions of teeth Im not sure that’s a red herring of sorts. Will reserve any judgement until he has posted more though.
    Liam: Will hopefully be modkilled
    Fiona: The socks stuff was really off putting. I was initially thinking that it may have been some sort of wolf-play by pretending to be Bobby and luring Monica out. But that doesn’t really make sense so will put it down to day 0 fluff
    Angus: Like what I’ve read so far

Will put the rest of my notes together before submitting my FFA

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I’ll agree to disagree on the first paragraph. I don’t think I’ve ever counter claimed NRV regardless of the role I was playing because another poster was accusing me of being wolfy. For me it’s just responding to what it is they’re saying about you. That in itself is denying their claim on you.

On the second paragraph though not directed towards me I can get behind looking at what you would do but not everyone plays the same.

Nah, you literally just picked the three most talked about posters and hurled them onto your FFA, it stinks to high heaven of hopping on a wagon.

Can't defend the win cons thing, legit thought I'd read it in the OP but after Conor pulled me up I dunno where I got it from, must have just assumed they were there.

But consider this if you are village, if I was a wolf/SK would I not ask for clarification on that rather than blurt it on the thread?

I am village and your probably right on that last par but I've honestly I've made errors in the past by just blurting out dumb stuff. For example if Holly is the convert or Barry I could honestly understand saying the dentist stuff without thinking as I too forgot his job until it was pointed out on thread.

Hopefully others will do more wolfy stuff still.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Lock-of-the-week.jpg
    Derry WW wrote: »

I don't usually participate in fluff as I don't find it productive in wolf hunting, it's mainly just a smokescreen, and I feel no need to play those games.

Say what?

Too many are too quiet tbh, I always worry about the quiet ones:

Derry WW 8
    Steve WW 7
    Vernon WW 6
    Eva WW 6
    Abigail WW 4
    Liam WW 0

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Too many are too quiet tbh, I always worry about the quiet ones:

Derry WW 8
    Steve WW 7
    Vernon WW 6
    Eva WW 6
    Abigail WW 4
    Liam WW 0

Me too but it is making putting a reads list together somewhat easier!

Advertisement