Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Friends

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Jesus Eva you need to catch up. Gabriel is dead. He was Eddie Cahill.

Just to confuse matters:

Gabriel was Eddie the roommate (crazy eddie)

Eddie Cahill is the actor who played Tag (phil's supposed character)

Orla WW wrote: »
    Just to confuse matters:

Gabriel was Eddie the roommate (crazy eddie)

Eddie Cahill is the actor who played Tag (phil's supposed character)

I have just noticed that it's also wrong in the OP. Lol!

Mods - Eddie Menuek was the crazy roommate. ;)

I feel like we're all burnt out today. I can't face doing another ISO after yesterday and the slog that was Isla's ISO.

How would we feel about FFAs and then we can just attack each other over whatever anyone puts in their FFA?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I feel like we're all burnt out today. I can't face doing another ISO after yesterday and the slog that was Isla's ISO.

How would we feel about FFAs and then we can just attack each other over whatever anyone puts in their FFA?

Bit of complacency too with so many wolves dead.

Yeah FFAs or reads lists or combo of both seems the way to go. I've posted mine and am out at the moment but will be searching thread for Mindy evidence at some stage.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Orla I know I'm taking a step back today anyways. I'm hoping I'll get energy for tomorrow.

Im thinking of voting Abigail.

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »
    Orla I know I'm taking a step back today anyways. I'm hoping I'll get energy for tomorrow.

Might be a wasted vote as a possible modkill there Phil.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Maybe you are chandlers mother, you have been at him at least twice to shoot people:
    Holly WW wrote: »
    Alright, Chandler, ping Abi and if she flips wolf, great. if not then no great loss and we don't waste a lynch on her. Good use of a bullet imo.

Anyone agree?

Suggesting VIG shoots Abigail, bit of a knee jerk suggestion.
    Goddam, i wish I had some bullets right now

This looked a bit mindyish but I’m not sure on its own if it means much other then trying to put VIg under a bit of pressure to shoot Abigail.

———————-

Today

Happy to let Gabs be today’s lynch very quickly (would mean more likely SK)
    I'm on board. I had Gabs as dodgy from early on, so I'm happy going that way. lashing in a vote now.
    I feel like Jack Gellar is a good character to be potentially in the game as a goodie. The inquisitor role also makes sense to me.

Gabs was on my list, so until I finish my readback, My vote is on her.

Well you would if your role was chandlers mum or you were a wolf with that fake role. No concrete but just saying.
    There's enough of us to weather that storm, so if he was a wolf he'd be dead tomorrow. I don't see it as a viable tactic.

Also, if the village wills it, chandler could shoot him so we get the role reveal. or chander could shoot gabs, which i think is a better idea

CHANDLER, This is your mother speaking. SHOOT GABS

Another VIG Kill suggestion... but also a role claim.
    Wolfy Wolfy Wolfy We GOT YOU!!!

Mindy you are safe now. We need to know who you are.

Possible SK taunt? (Ah I’m not sure TBH, why would Mindy come out?)
    So we have a Chandler, Mindy and Janice hiding in the following people:
    • Abigail
    • Angus
    • Conor
    • Desmond
    • Eva
    • Ewan
    • Holly - Nora Tyler Bing
    • Isla
    • Orla
    • Phil
    • Steve

I feel safe in saying that I'm NRV now considering our Roled Shaman is out in the open and Chandler is out of bullets.

I'm Nora Tyler Bing. No fancy powers or anything unforunately.

And you come out again in case your more subtle reveal was missed.

So your explanation for coming out was:

I got excited and thought a mass reveal would help the village. I still do, but I'm willing to go with the village.

I thought Chandler had no bullets left, meaning he was useless. However I now understand that that's up in the air, and so useful for us to bait baddies with.

Either way, my motives were clear. Get more info out in the open - help the village.

This is interesting because there was no mention of mass reveal and I couldn’t find any hint of this from you earlier. (Maybe I missed a post)

You see your reveal was effectively the same as Gabriel’s from every villagers POV. It hasn’t helped anything really, it’s only made you safe from baddies Which is good if you are bad and not helpful to chandler if he wants to hold onto his bullets a bit longer.

I’m happy to let others lead away, maybe I am tunneling too much, it’s just some of your decisions and comments irk me... I’m hungry so maybe a bit of food might suppress some of those irk feelings.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Might be a wasted vote as a possible modkill there Phil.

If abigail votes today she's gotta be our next target!

Folks, please don't get tired and complacent. I know it's tough, I damn near gave up on Monday, but we are so close, and we need energy to get the win!

Phil WW wrote: »

Since Abi and I obviously aren't on a team here, I feel like I can push this a bit: I don't see Abigail as a wolf. She came across in my ISO as a villager who never really followed what was happening, couldn't keep up with the posting volume and has now given up.

That's supported by Derry (alpha wolf) saying that he disagreed with that conclusion.

I could be wrong (and usually am) but I don't see wolfypup there...

Maybe you are chandlers mother, you have been at him at least twice to shoot people:

Suggesting VIG shoots Abigail, bit of a knee jerk suggestion.

This looked a bit mindyish but I’m not sure on its own if it means much other then trying to put VIg under a bit of pressure to shoot Abigail.

———————-

Today

Happy to let Gabs be today’s lynch very quickly (would mean more likely SK)

Well you would if your role was chandlers mum or you were a wolf with that fake role. No concrete but just saying.

Another VIG Kill suggestion... but also a role claim.

Possible SK taunt? (Ah I’m not sure TBH, why would Mindy come out?)

And you come out again in case your more subtle reveal was missed.

So your explanation for coming out was:

This is interesting because there was no mention of mass reveal and I couldn’t find any hint of this from you earlier. (Maybe I missed a post)

You see your reveal was effectively the same as Gabriel’s from every villagers POV. It hasn’t helped anything really, it’s only made you safe from baddies Which is good if you are bad and not helpful to chandler if he wants to hold onto his bullets a bit longer.

I’m happy to let others lead away, maybe I am tunneling too much, it’s just some of your decisions and comments irk me... I’m hungry so maybe a bit of food might suppress some of those irk feelings.

To be honest. I am chandlers mother and it's hilarious that you've found something leading that way because i haven't been dropping anything.

Further showing how tunnelled in you are. The reason I wanted chandler to shoot both of those people are 1. abigail is useless and has cause chaos, so i don't wantw to waste a lynch on her. 2. Gabs was on my list for a long time, i moved off tegan last second on to gabs on the first vote because i was conviced she was dodgy. When steve came out with his reveal it furthered my targeting on her, and i knnew it would cause more chaos if we didn't sort it out quickly. So i tried to pressure people into agreeing with me and chandler into taking the shot. 3. I'm a ****e NRV with no powers and I wan't something cool to do.

• Advertisement

In Phil's scenario where wolves had a list to choose from, and Abi remembered there was a bird on it but claimed the wrong one I.e. duck not chick.

I don't think it works as Gabs had already used the bird (chick) so I don't actually believe it but I can live in hope. :)

I don't buy it. But if Abi doesn't get modkilled tonight, she's jumping to the top of my list tomorrow.

Feck it, i'll start and based on reception to this I'll put together an FFA later.

Most Wolfy/SK
    Isla - The One Where I Think Someone Knows More Than They're Posting (see ISO earlier today)
    Steve - The One Where The Role Reveal Could Have Been A Last Gift From Eddie... Could You Be SK Steve?
    Angus - The One Where Someone Was Just Too Nice To Be Nice (see mini ISO earlier today)
    Ewan - The One Where I Did An ISO Wolfy Lean And Haven't Taken Note Of Anything Since
    Holly - The One Where Someone Was Too Keen to Have The Village Reveal (my mini-ISO on Holly yesterday leaned good so I'm not too sure here)
    Conor - The One Where I've not Had A Chance to Look at Someone So They Live Comfortably In The Middle Of The Pack
    Eva - The One Where Someone Was So Crazy She Turned Sane (she has her own brand of logic, but she sticks too it - see earlier ISO)
    Phil - The One Where Someone Was So Pocketed To Be Wolfy (I believe Phil in the Phil v Jake saga... for now)
    Abigail - The One Where Someone Was Too Crazy To Be Wolfy (see my comment re. missing vote plus calling herself duck, plus Derry didn't agree with that read)
    Gertrude - The One Where Someone Had Iconic Hair (claimed Rachael)
    Me - Like, could I BE any more village (that is not me claiming Chandler you crazy cats)
    Most village

I'll admit, this is just sheer exhaustion talking.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Putting early vote in for Gabriel I may not be back online before 9 today will try to be, if I am it'll be after 8

Interesting that you popped into say who you would vote for “without checking the days events”. Why bother telling us? What benefit is it if you don’t actually know what’s happened the last 4 hours? You caused a lot of chaos “rustling trees” or whatever explanation you gave for that crazy talk, I find this behavior noteworthy.

I have posted on thread while reading through or catching up but not like this. This is effectively you voting for somebody , dead and saying you won’t be around for the rest of the day. Plausible village reason, very convenient baddy reason as they can coast for the rest of the day.

Just noting this down for later...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I'm going to start a Mindy hunt now. Assuming they found them before the first lynch Abigail is a prime candidate.

|Lynch Results Day 1|
    |Tegan WW | Gabriel, Henry, Abigail, Nigel, Isla, Katie|
    |Gabriel WW | Eva, Tegan, Steve, Angus, Holly|
    |Holly WW | Jake, Fiona|
    |Nigel WW | Derry, Phil|
    |Katie WW | Desmond, Orla|
    |Fiona WW | Brendan, Vernon|
    |Abigail WW | Conor|
    |Steve WW | Ewan|
    |Did not vote | Liam |

The only things that come across as remotely Mindy is the youtube video which is one of those sin counters of the first episode. Part of the episode is about Rachel leaving Barry so somewhat related to Mindy, and maybe the alignment conversion sounding problematic. That sounds like a weird way of phrasing things. Overall I don't think she's Mindy.
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    She a poor /bill/ of health :D
    My goodness. Was boards only broken for me? Could I be more behind?
    Hi Guys :)
    Still reading all the posts so far so nubthin much to contribute at the moment. What's with the prizes? Alignment conversion sounds problematic.
    Boards being poxxxy for me ATM, can't get anything to load properly.
    :-O
    Which chick? Rachel? Phoebe?
    What happens if we lynch you instead?
    Who claimed duck?
    LYNCH BARBARA IM THE DUCK
    I'm not great on explanations, but can I interest you in a sarcastic comment? Or we can look at who voted where and when.

To be honest. I am chandlers mother and it's hilarious that you've found something leading that way because i haven't been dropping anything.

Further showing how tunnelled in you are. The reason I wanted chandler to shoot both of those people are 1. abigail is useless and has cause chaos, so i don't wantw to waste a lynch on her. 2. Gabs was on my list for a long time, i moved off tegan last second on to gabs on the first vote because i was conviced she was dodgy. When steve came out with his reveal it furthered my targeting on her, and i knnew it would cause more chaos if we didn't sort it out quickly. So i tried to pressure people into agreeing with me and chandler into taking the shot. 3. I'm a ****e NRV with no powers and I wan't something cool to do.

If Abi is a useless villager it’s no help to us wasting a bullet on her though! She will be Modkilled or we will go after her tomorrow if she votes and doesn’t post.

Interesting that you popped into say who you would vote for “without checking the days events”. Why bother telling us? What benefit is it if you don’t actually know what’s happened the last 4 hours? You caused a lot of chaos “rustling trees” or whatever explanation you gave for that crazy talk, I find this behavior noteworthy.

I have posted on thread while reading through or catching up but not like this. This is effectively you voting for somebody , dead and saying you won’t be around for the rest of the day. Plausible village reason, very convenient baddy reason as they can coast for the rest of the day.

Just noting this down for later...

Also worth noting she didn't declare on thread when she voted for Jake

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

This was not what Katie said nor was it the mechanic of the gift. Katie chose Jake to be the recipient of the gift. The gift forced him to reveal his role on thread if Katie was killed.
    Katie WW wrote: »
    Actually I can clear this up right now - vigilante, shoot me and you'll find out if Jake is lying or not.

I'm a Role Oracle, could pick one person who's alignment would be revealed on my death

Am I missing something here or is that not exactly what Katie said?
    I got another gift that made me role reveal on thread. Paulo, NRV (and Role Oracle since yesterday)

Gab has claimed The Chick uncontested I believe

Just for clarification. First gift she got was role change so she became oracle and second was having to reveal role on thread yesterday.

If Abi is a useless villager it’s no help to us wasting a bullet on her though! She will be Modkilled or we will go after her tomorrow if she votes and doesn’t post.

I literally just said this like 5 posts ago.

Stealing a few minutes away from the family. Sorry I can’t be on more today, if I was free I’d be rolling my sleeves up and looking into more stuff. Hopefully have a bit more time before the lynch anyway to make myself useful!

Angus WW wrote: »

Just for clarification. First gift she got was role change so she became oracle and second was having to reveal role on thread yesterday.

Ohhhh wait I think I get what you’re saying, she picked A person not the person that killed her?

• Advertisement

Remember guys it looks like wolves got BR access to our fallen goodies forums cause only ewan has come out on thread.

Incidentally if our Aura had peaked a baddy , one bad team could theoretically use use it against another. Any information in a goodies BR could be used against us.

Steve’s “role” could be a locked clear play. Since it’s not in the OP we can’t be sure.
    Steve WW wrote: »

I'm Jack Gellar, The Inquisitor.
    My role is that if I entered the name and role of one player in the game I'd get confirmation from the mods whether I was correct or not. So this morning following the deaths at 10am I made my choice. I asked about Gabriel and his claim of being the Chick. And the mods said I was incorrect. Which proves (to me) that Gabriel is lying about his role and is therefore either the last wolf, Mindy, or the SK.

So I'm pleading with everyone to please please lynch Gabriel tonight. If I'm wrong and he flips good then by all means lynch me tomorrow as I'm clearly evil. I had suspicions about him all game and I'm so delighted that I was right for once. This was a one off deal so after this I'm basically another NRV. If I'm munched, so be it but this is our chance to reduce the kill rate in the morning if I'm right.

So his role was once, in the entire game, he can choose a person and a character and he’s told if it’s a lie? Why only check this morning? When did Gabriel come out, could this of been checked sooner? Why not check even pre munch and do a 9.59 clue for the village?

Katie wasn’t rolled, she got a power that sort of made her a rolled player of sorts. I’m also very irked by Steve’s role, his timing and the way he might of gotten the information.

Steve, maybe you can shed some light for me?

Ohhhh wait I think I get what you’re saying, she picked A person not the person that killed her?

Yup.

I just remembered Derry (Alpha Wolf) "pondering" the secret wolf issue overnight, then deciding this morning that he would rather life in a world where there were no secret wolves, and saying that he would bring it up in feedback afterwards if there were secret wolves.

Also, can you imagine him posting that lock clear image, having a go at phil over questioning it, then pretending that it had a purpose.

He might not have posted much, but he had a good giggle to himself while he did it...

Remember guys it looks like wolves got BR access to our fallen goodies forums cause only ewan has come out on thread.

Incidentally if our Aura had peaked a baddy , one bad team could theoretically use use it against another. Any information in a goodies BR could be used against us.

Steve’s “role” could be a locked clear play. Since it’s not in the OP we can’t be sure.

So his role was once, in the entire game, he can choose a person and a character and he’s told if it’s a lie? Why only check this morning? When did Gabriel come out, could this of been checked sooner? Why not check even pre munch and do a 9.59 clue for the village?

Katie wasn’t rolled, she got a power that sort of made her a rolled player of sorts. I’m also very irked by Steve’s role, his timing and the way he might of gotten the information.

Does it ever happen that a role is given without it being put in the OP? OP states mods have their secrets, would that apply here?

You said:

Katie said that the person who killed her would have to reveal themselves.

Jake didn’t necessarily kill her, he was the person she chose who would have to reveal on her death

Katie said:

Actually I can clear this up right now - vigilante, shoot me and you'll find out if Jake is lying or not.

I'm a Role Oracle, could pick one person who's alignment would be revealed on my death

So what she said was if she dies , Jake will reveal.

That was her first gift. The second gift was me forcing her to reveal on thread. I’d hoped that cleared her with us all but I’m worried it may if gotten her killed.

For the record my other choices were Jake and Phil and Eva for her crazy antics.

Oh and while we are at it, isla will get to See my forum if I die.

Yeah I was very suspicious of Steve's role myself so I posted this:
    Ok, a number of different scenarios here.

Steve is Jack Gellar, Gabs is final wolf, all is rosy in our little world.
    Steve is Jack Gellar, Gabs is not final wolf and wolves have a bullet due to Mindy, they'll probably shoot him.
    Steve is SK, Gabs is not final wolf and wolves have a bullet due to Mindy, they'll probably shoot him.
    Steve is SK, Gabs is final wolf, munch count will half tomorrow. Should maybe policy lynch Steve tomorrow to be sure he's on the level.
    Steve is Mindy, munch count stays the same tomorrow, again, maybe policy lynch Steve tomorrow.

My biggest issue is that Steve could be evil, either bussing a team-mate or is the SK. Best bet is wait for tomorrow's munch though.

I think I was slightly off in my scenarios regarding the wolves using their bullet if they have one. But I wanted a discussion of Steve earlier and most people ignored it.

Ewan claimed the Aura Reader, i.e. Seer room and Vernon's last post indicated pretty heavily that Ewan was villager but yes, at best semi-clear.

This could be an SK power. The wolves have powers but the SK doesn't have any outlined in the OP. Perhaps they get seer checks, or different powers throughout the game.

Does it ever happen that a role is given without it being put in the OP? OP states mods have their secrets, would that apply here?

It’s possible and it has happened I think, it’s not a concrete theory it’s just we know wolves use fake role names for protection so if somehow Steve had one more chaos power or the wolves got access to multiple goody rooms that helped them work it out, he could use that information to stroll to victory.

I’ve nothing concrete, just trying to throw out theories ...

Oh and while we are at it, isla will get to See my forum if I die.

You probably thinking to yourself
    tenor.gif

Me
    tenor.gif

• Advertisement

Yup.

Righteo took that up wrong! So what does that mean? Someone else shot Katie and Jake had to reveal his identity as a result of Katie picking him. That would still lead me to believe the Eddie chaos was giving the wolves a bullet. I can’t imagine Chandler shooting Katie like that last night. That would mean Chandler has one more bullet left.

Unless the bullet was a result of Eddie finding Mindy, did one of them have a gun and the other a bullet? Then that leaves the question of what was the chaos?

Has anyone looked at Derry’s interactions? And Isla did you do an updated table with Gabriel in it? Don’t want to steal your thunder again :o

Advertisement