Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out to lunch, Monday

Options
  • 23-06-2019 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭

Hi boardsies of Dublin

I've got to meet someone in the city centre and take them out to lunch.
    I'm not usually your ladies-who-lunch type - really no idea where people go these days. Cite centre maybe, but not necessarily.
    I thought of taking a short train ride to maybe Blackrock and finding something there - it's a scenic journey to show a tourist.
    Somewhere nice where we can sit and chat, not more than around 20 quid a head.

Ideas, anyone? :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you're prepared to travel....Howth?
    The trouble with the city centre is they are almost always looking to get other people in during the busy times.
    Le Bon Crubeen maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Is time an issue op?

That might dictate distance etc

National museum at Collins barracks has a fine cafe in a fine location.

The ifi on Eustace street is a bit of an oasis with an outside inside feel, a covered indoor courtyard style restaurant, an indoor indoor, or an outside element.
    All the time with a decent quality.

A trip on the Dart as you have mentioned.
    Howth or dalkey or dunlaoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

spurious wrote: »
    If you're prepared to travel....Howth?
    The trouble with the city centre is they are almost always looking to get other people in during the busy times.
    Le Bon Crubeen maybe?

Thank you Spurious - as it happens, we had the same date last year and went to Le Bon Crubeen! (very nice, too: but, I want someplace different this time)

imme wrote: »
    Is time an issue op?

That might dictate distance etc

National museum at Collins barracks has a fine cafe in a fine location.

The ifi on Eustace street is a bit of an oasis with an outside inside feel, a covered indoor courtyard style restaurant, an indoor indoor, or an outside element.
    All the time with a decent quality.

A trip on the Dart as you have mentioned.
    Howth or dalkey or dunlaoghaire.

Thank you imme ~~

Not sure how much time we'll have but the Collins Barracks idea is excellent - a short LUAS ride from city centre.
    Or else, a DART to Blackrock and look along the main street.

Or Monkstown? Just past Blackrock and more restaurant choice. The view from DART/Seapoint/just past the Purty nice too and you could stroll up to Dun Laoghaire station for the return trip.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Brother Hubbard is a nice spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

If the food is important;

Etto on Merrion Row do 2 course lunch for €23 which is incredible value http://www.etto.ie/midweeklunch

Hugo's, across the road, also great value for lunch https://www.hugos.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/LUNCH-MAY-2019.pdf

All these excellent recommendations have been noted...for future explorations!

Thank you, all.

In the event today, my friend's flight was delayed and so the lunch was too.

Advertisement