Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korean Fir Replanting

Options
  • 23-06-2019 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭

Planted a Korean Fir about five years ago maybe or less. Now it's about 6 foot. I want to replant it in September to a better location.

Do they replant easily? Will it die if I do? What can I do to give it every chance of succeeding?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

bobbyss wrote: »
    Planted a Korean Fir about five years ago maybe or less. Now it's about 6 foot. I want to replant it in September to a better location.

Do they replant easily? Will it die if I do? What can I do to give it every chance of succeeding?

Move it in late winter. Take as big a root ball as possible. Keep in mind that these can grow to 30ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Move it in late winter. Take as big a root ball as possible. Keep in mind that these can grow to 30ft.

Thanks. Yes the size is one reason I want to change location. But do you think it will be ok? The reason I'm asking is because I will have to cut down a few other trees to make way for it. They look lovely I have to say.

Advertisement