Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB PIN Reset Abroad

• 23-06-2019 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am in Los Angeles at the moment and entered my AIB visa debit card pin incorrectly too many times. The AIB help line reckon pin reset can be done at most banks, but I have yet to find one that has the function.

Has anyone ever reset their pin at a US based ATM machine, if so which bank? AIB do not know which banks specifically offer it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

Generally PIN unlocks can only be done at your bank's own ATMs, of which there won't be any in California. You might be out of luck until you return to Ireland, I'm afraid, unless you can somehow get them to unlock it over the phone or you can manage it via their online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Patty Power

Thanks for the reply dennyk.

AIB are adamant that it can be done on any ATM across the world except France.

No joy over the phone or online, they say the only way it can be done is via an ATM.

Hopefully someone on here has had the same issue abroad and found a solution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Hi Patty,

I'm not sure what happens when you lock your pin with too many attempts. However, I got a new card sent to me without the pin number, and I rang up the customer care and they patched me through to an automated pin reminder phone service where the pin number is read out to you.

Maybe ring customer care and ask them to assist with this?

Otherwise, request the pin to be sent to your home address in Ireland (can be requested online) and ask your family/friends to open and read out the new pin. It should be sent out within in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Patty Power

Hi Butterface,

I am on vacation in the states and need access to cash. AIB are adamant the pin can be reset at ATM's worldwide. I know what my pin is.

I was hoping someone had experienced the same issue and can inform me of the bank which they reset their pin at.

PP

Advertisement