Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens Swimming Lessons

Options
  • 23-06-2019 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,

I am looking to get swimming lessons in Naas over the summer for my two children (6 & 8yo) and was wondering if I could get recommendations on where to go.

Can anyone recommend a good teacher? I read a review about the Osprey saying pool wasn't the cleanest. Someone else said to me to consider a pool with a shallow end that gradually gets deeper which gives non swimmers a bit of confidence.

Would really appreciate any advice. :)

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Nikki333 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am looking to get swimming lessons in Naas over the summer for my two children (6 & 8yo) and was wondering if I could get recommendations on where to go.

Can anyone recommend a good teacher? I read a review about the Osprey saying pool wasn't the cleanest. Someone else said to me to consider a pool with a shallow end that gradually gets deeper which gives non swimmers a bit of confidence.

Would really appreciate any advice. :)

Thank you.

Gym Plus in Monread run kids classes for all levels. Our twins are younger than your two, and are doing well in the level 1 classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

All the pools in Naas are fine. The osprey is just slightly shorter than the rest at about 19m

The only pool that gets deeper is k-leisure. The others are standard 1.2m gym pools.

Not sure how the summer goes but once term time starts it's a good idea to put your names down for all 3 pools. The lessons at reasonable times on reasonable days are generally booked out so you'll go on a waiting list. Accept the first offer when your time comes.

Teacher quality will vary greatly at each place, you might be lucky or unlucky.

Source: parent of 3, sick of swimming lessons, currently in monread.

Advertisement