Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2019

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

What was the story with John Travers on Sunday? They mentioned on the commentary that he was doing a pacing gig but it seemed that he faded badly, even it was just pace duties he was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

healy1835 wrote: »
    What was the story with John Travers on Sunday? They mentioned on the commentary that he was doing a pacing gig but it seemed that he faded badly, even it was just pace duties he was on.

Looks like he only made it to the 10km on the tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Dropped out after 10k. Depends what his pacing gig was tbh, he could have been just asked to get them through 10k in 32 minutes. He hasn't raced a 10k since 2015, he's much more a 1500m/3000m runner. I doubt he ever intended to go longer than 10k on Sunday

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

I think John was only there to pace Armstrong but I'm not certain about that. He has raced 10k / 10 mile / half since 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

I think John was only there to pace Armstrong but I'm not certain about that. He has raced 10k / 10 mile / half since 2015

He ran a 64 min HM for the win in Charleville last year and has talked about eventually moving up. The stream made it hard to ascertain what exactly his duties were....hopefully he will make the step up in distance, some potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

• Registered Users Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭28064212

He has raced 10k / 10 mile / half since 2015
    He ran a 64 min HM for the win in Charleville last year
    Thanks, had based that on his IAAF/PowerOf10 profiles, obviously not complete.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Are there any video clips of DCM to buy this year. I see just photos on finisherpix. A good few other people are in my photo gallery. It seems to happen a lot with people covering their bib number with a moving arm. 2000 can become 200, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

He seemed to be gone by 4 miles. The live stream commentators didn’t really have any info, they didn’t notice that Mick passed him before Chesterfield but by then Share had made his break and the cameras never went back to the chasers. They should think about a third and fourth camera team (bike?) next year to follow the Irish championships. It was a bit embarrassing how little the commentators knew about the lead group (and a few other things as well). Apart from that the stream was great - getting better every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Are there any video clips of DCM to buy this year. I see just photos on finisherpix. A good few other people are in my photo gallery. It seems to happen a lot with people covering their bib number with a moving arm. 2000 can become 200, etc.

Didn't free videos appear with results previous years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Didn't free videos appear with results previous years?

The video from the finishing link is here:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Bib No.| Username | PB | Predicted Time | Actual Time
    1412|Singer|3:09:53|2:59:59|2:55:27
    5878|KellyGirl|4:20:05|3:59:53|4:03:04
    10304|Damo2k9|3:51:57|3:29:59|3:25:38
    |Cartman78|3:26:35|3:20:00|3:24:06
    |Boydkev|3:18:52|3:14:59|3:19:42
    6029|diego_b|3:43:41|5:30:00|5:38:32
    |G1raff3|3:30:23|3:24:59|3:28:45
    |jaggiebunnet|3:29:30|3:35:00|3:33:33
    8358|Passinginterest|4:00:48|3:59:30|3:59:08
    |djemba djemba|2.47.22|2.44.59|2.46.08
    |slow_runner|3.43.30|3.29.59|3:29:42|
    |The Black Oil|3:57:25|3:45:30|
    |Kander|3:18:40|2:59:59|2:59:11
    8879|Hedgehoggy|3:48:49|3:29:59|3:27:39
    |Kissy Lips|3:04:08|3:00:00|3:18:19
    |CCR|3:56:39|3:56:38|
    |frash|5:10:??|4:35:00|
    |Murph_D|3:22:11|3:28:00|3:29:07
    8975|coogy|3:57:02|3:29:59|3:31:47
    |Treviso|-|3:29:59|3.26.32
    |Ooter|3:14|03:19|03:18
    3442|Martyboy48|3:12:xx|3:19:59|3:18:56
    |ISOP|3:54:55|3:49:49|3:54:50|
    |Sann|3:37:44|3:19:59|3:20:08|
    |Echancrure|2:49:20|2:39:59|2:47:27
    5330|Unthought Known|3:27:51|3:19:51|3:22:10
    |omicron|-|2:59:59|2.57.40
    |tbukela|3:32:06|3:29:30|3:41:42
    |Mr. Guappa|4:13:21|3:49:59|3:47:13
    2258|Comic Book Guy|3:53:50|3:29:59|3:13:51|
    |Krusty_Clown|2:30:01|2:59:59|
    7939|roosterman71|4:00:31|3:50:00|3:49:30|
    |Kunkka|4:03:13|3:58:00|
    |FBOT01|3:00:59|3:29:30|3:29:22
    5051|conti|3:11:59|3:14:59|3:09:21|

Looks like my finish time was removed from the table a few days ago.:confused::confused::confused:

Anyway, here it is again........

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ShaneODub

Question for you guys:

I've been playing around with the data from the race. A small number of people have inexplicable times.

e.g. If you believed the figures, one participant ran the first half in 2 hours, but ran the second half in only 1 hour 10 minutes, while managing to miss the 30k checkpoint.

Are they cheating, or they're just not treating it seriously? I suspect that they're just not taking it too seriously. They couldn't tell friends, family etc. that they finished in 3 hours, because anyone can go online and check it. (I seem to remember Paul Ryan or some other US politican in the last couple of years getting caught out for falsely claiming that he ran a 3 hour marathon)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

ShaneODub wrote: »
    Question for you guys:

I've been playing around with the data from the race. A small number of people have inexplicable times.

e.g. If you believed the figures, one participant ran the first half in 2 hours, but ran the second half in only 1 hour 10 minutes, while managing to miss the 30k checkpoint.

Are they cheating, or they're just not treating it seriously? I suspect that they're just not taking it too seriously. They couldn't tell friends, family etc. that they finished in 3 hours, because anyone can go online and check it. (I seem to remember Paul Ryan or some other US politican in the last couple of years getting caught out for falsely claiming that he ran a 3 hour marathon)

Pass on the details to the experts!

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/

niallo32 wrote: »
    Pass on the details to the experts!

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/

Ha. An online vigilante.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

There were a group of 7 who were disqualified last year. All of them only recorded at a checkpoint for the first time at 30km. All 7 of them passed through this mark at 1:57:42 to 1:57:46 and all 7 had registration numbers that were obviously booked together. They were 4 women and 3 men, and all but one of them were over 50 years of age.

Quite an impressive feat for this group of people to reach the 30km mark (roughly 19 miles!) in under 2 hours! To top it off they all have photos taken of them on the route but only towards the end of the race (they pose for a few), and they are clearly walking and very fresh faced. No disrespect to them but one look at any of them and you can pretty much disregard any chance of them breaking 4 hours, never mind the apparent sub 3 hour pace they were set for at 30km!

They all walk through the finish line when the clock is at about 4 hours, in full running gear and big smiles. Why bother?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Anyone who cuts the course (whether they're taking it seriously or not) is cheating.
    Plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Question for you guys:

I don't get the distinction. They're cheating dix whether they're 'serious' or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Friend of mine spotted them on the live stream the next day and looked up the numbers, nothing before 30k, must be the same group

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

a small thing that got on my nerves last week, was a lady getting support form her club-mates who were waiting just after Miltown, one of them jumped into the race and paced her for a good 3 miles, I saw another person getting support from idiot on a bike who was actually on the course

• Advertisement

Question for you guys:

Itziger wrote: »
    I don't get the distinction. They're cheating dix whether they're 'serious' or not.

The distinction, in my mind, is whether there's any attempt at deception. The splits in the cases I noticed are so blatant that it's possible there wasn't. One guy, for example, doesn't appear at any checkpoints until the halfway mark at ca. 1hr 15, and then he takes 2 hours to run the second half. I'm thinking that maybe on the day he decided he was just going to do a half marathon and he's not claiming any different to anyone. The group from last year mentioned above don't sound like they were trying to fool anyone either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Had a nose through results around 3 hour mark, the other day.Some guy was on for sub 4,up to halfway.He was going so fast the 2nd half,the mats never read his splits,untill the finish line.He ran just under 2:59:57 I think.Must be a new Irish record for the 21K,he ran in the 2nd half.😱

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭ooter

maybe trying to cheat a GFA time for another marathon like London?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

The distinction, in my mind, is whether there's any attempt at deception. The splits in the cases I noticed are so blatant that it's possible there wasn't. One guy, for example, doesn't appear at any checkpoints until the halfway mark at ca. 1hr 15, and then he takes 2 hours to run the second half. I'm thinking that maybe on the day he decided he was just going to do a half marathon and he's not claiming any different to anyone. The group from last year mentioned above don't sound like they were trying to fool anyone either.

Did they have official bibs and chips? There's your deception right there.

It's a marathon, not a Half.

As people have said, it's a pity that a few thousand entries weren't used, but even so, it's impressive how many people entered it long before the event and then actually took part. I would have expected more of the good intentions to evaporate over the course of a year. And of those who entered, over 97% finished. I've just entered the lottery for next year with a very modest goal in mind for a finishing time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

ISOP wrote: »
    a small thing that got on my nerves last week, was a lady getting support form her club-mates who were waiting just after Miltown, one of them jumped into the race and paced her for a good 3 miles, I saw another person getting support from idiot on a bike who was actually on the course

Scullion, the b*****

https://twitter.com/Scullionxc/status/1188489194890547200?s=19

Advertisement