Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Musicians wanted for good old jam sessions.

• 23-06-2019 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭

I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in meeting up to bang out a few tunes.I work most weekends so midweek would suit best. I've a varied taste in music from Clapton to folk. I like most genres. I'm based in Dublin 15 and there is a great music studio out this way and they provide drum kits and amps. It's only 50 euro for 4 hours so 5 people should make it cheap. I play guitar and 5 string banjo. Im in my early 40s in case it matters!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rokknroll152

Good ole jam session sounds good to me. I play guitar and a little bit of drums. I sometimes sing as well but it's been a while. Anyhoo, I'm up for blues, rock, funk, pop.. anything that jams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭mydingaling

Great stuff,I haven't a note in my head! Hopefully we can get 4 or 5 or even more. I'm on hols at the min but am back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 samvimes

I've been playing Bass about a year now, previously was a guitarist way back in the 80's (giving my age away), would be interested in these even as a stand in to develop my skills

Bass player is essential! Age is irrelevant!

The studio I mentioned is called Camelot Studios. It's a fantastic place.It has a demense like feel to it. It has been used by several famous musicians like John Sheehan, Damian Dempsey. Declan Rice and others.I played there a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 BluesRock

Usually I would play the guitar & sing, Blues Rock n'Roll etc.
    but I've been playing drums for a while now & would love the opportunity to jam with you all, :)

Any updates??

Sorry, for some reason I didnt get notified about the last couple of posts.How does next Thursday evening suit??
    I'll contact Camelot Studios to book it if it suit everyone.

Thursday 18th July sounds good :)
    Dez.

Good stuff Bluesrock. Are you other lads still interested?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm in, cheers

Sorry, for some reason I didnt get notified about the last couple of posts.How does next Thursday evening suit??
    I'll contact Camelot Studios to book it if it suit everyone.
    Bummer. Can't do Thursday in the city, I work in Bray.. I'll join ye if any weekend sessions happen sometime. But good jamming guys :)

Bummer. Can't do Thursday in the city, I work in Bray.. I'll join ye if any weekend sessions happen sometime. But good jamming guys :)
    That's a shame.

It is a shame indeed,
    Rokknroll152 had posted some links to his guitar playing & drum playing,
    He is very good indeed.
    Is it 7pm onwards you are thinking of mydingaling?
    Maybe Rokknroll152could make it to Tyrrelstown, Dublin 15, at 7 or 8 pm
    Mydingaling: would you bump/ readvertise this add do you think,
    to see if we can get any more interest, ..do you sing by the way?
    …maybe we could do a three piece :)

I could ask them at Camelot. I don't know what time they open till. I'll bump the advert. I can't sing unfortunately. I'm really bad.

Hi lads, Camelot Studios is booked for 7pm this Thursday. It's 50 euro for 4 hours. So we can just divide the cost by the the amount of people. Obviously we don't gave to play for 4 hours but that's the minimum that you can book. I've advertised on Facrbook too so hopefully we can get one or two more

Just a quick update.
    I've received a bit of interest from Facebook. Looks like we have 5 to 6 people for tomorrow evening and possibly 1 or 2 more. Does everyone kniw hiw to get there?

Super,
    see you there 7pm :)

Camelot Studios, Tyrrelstown House, Powerstown Road, Tyrrelstown, Dublin 15

Dez.

Everyone still up for tonight? I think we will have at least 4 people, possibly 6. Should be a bit of craic.

I'll be there at 7, looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Hope did it go?

It went great! We're meeting up again next Thursday

Anymore interest ? It would be great to have more musicians so we can still play when 2 or 3 lads can't make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 G6120

Anymore interest ? It would be great to have more musicians so we can still play when 2 or 3 lads can't make it.

Mite be interested age 45 guitar bass and drums any setlist there yet cheers

We have 2 bass players and a drummer but another guitar would be great. We've been playing some Eric Clapton, Creedance Clearwater, Thin Lizzy, The Police. Anything goes really.

We have 2 bass players and a drummer but another guitar would be great. We've been playing some Eric Clapton, Greed and Clearwater, Thin Lizzy, The Police. Anything goes really.

Classic stuff..ye guitar is cool When are yous getting together again il try and drop in mite need a list of tracks to catch up 😠would be handy ..sounds good

Next Thursday at 7pm. Dont worry about catching up. Most of the songs are handy enough. I'll send you a list of some of the tracks we're playing.

Deadly

Here's a few that we've played.
    The band, the weight,
    Paint it Black,
    Roadhouse Blues,
    People are strange,
    I shot the Sheriff,
    Dancing in the Moonlight,
    Some Kings of Leon.

• Advertisement

Anyone else interested? We have 5 regulars and could do with another guitarist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 mac456

Yeah, I'd be interested. Maybe PM me and let me know when the next jam is.

Cheers Noel

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vof

This looks cool. Are you still doing this?

vof wrote: »
    This looks cool. Are you still doing this?
    Yep, we play everyThursday. What instrument do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vof

Yep, we play everyThursday. What instrument do you play?

Guitar, bit of harmonica, bit of ukulele. Happy enough with most of the set list you posted previously.

• Advertisement

vof wrote: »
    Guitar, bit of harmonica, bit of ukulele. Happy enough with most of the set list you posted previously.

Good stuff. Well come along on Thursday and give it a go. We meet at 7pm at Camelot Studios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Interesting - I think I jammed there with you about 6 years ago? Alas, kids have gotten in the way of me playing live music.

Still doing this every week? What's the turn out like?

Keyzer wrote: »
    Interesting - I think I jammed there with you about 6 years ago? Alas, kids have gotten in the way of me playing live music.

Still doing this every week? What's the turn out like?

We meet every Thursday at 7pm. We usually get between 4 and 5 lads each week. What instrument do you play?

We meet every Thursday at 7pm. We usually get between 4 and 5 lads each week. What instrument do you play?

Geetar... Aint got no amp at the moment though - assume there are amps there?

Geetar... Aint got no amp at the moment though - assume there are amps there?

Yes, there are amp there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 marylinmercury

Hiya, have you any interest in a singer? I'm giving vocals a go and looking to jam/practice, into everything and love 70s rock/folk

Planning on joining up with you guys soon for a jam - busy at the moment but will try to make it down next week.

Planning on joining up with you guys soon for a jam - busy at the moment but will try to make it down next week.

Good stuff, were playing this week at 7pm

Hiya, have you any interest in a singer? I'm giving vocals a go and looking to jam/practice, into everything and love 70s rock/folk
    Yeah, sure! Come up this Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 basshead

Hi there! Looks like fun, Camelot's a cool spot too.
    Let me know if you if need a bass player! Cheers :)

basshead wrote: »
    Hi there! Looks like fun, Camelot's a cool spot too.
    Let me know if you if need a bass player! Cheers :)
    We have a bass player but two would be fine because we cant all make it every week.

How's the jam sessions going? Still getting a good turnout?

Will try to make it this week, won' make it up till around 7:30 though.

How's the jam sessions going? Still getting a good turnout?

Will try to make it this week, won' make it up till around 7:30 though.

Sorry for the late reply, that's no problem, it's all starting to come together now. We're improving every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pryaner815

Hi, I play the drums but haven't played in a band in years. Would love to give it a go if you ever need a stand in drummer. Live in Dublin 15.

Thanks
    Paul

I do plan to attend these sessions - just mental in work at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement